I stayed at the Colonnade on a trip to London recently, for two nights. I booked the hotel at a very good price (£142 for 2 nights), which was by far the cheapest hotel I could find for 4 stars. I arrived quite late in the evening and was welcomed to the hotel and shown to my room. I was quite shocked at the standard of decor in the hotel, it is really stylish. The receptionist asked me whether I wanted still or sparkling water in the hotel and when I was shown to my room, I was shown the coffee/tea facilities, ironing board etc. I was surprised at how large the room was!
I slept well at the Colonnade and ordered breakfast to my room both mornings, which was delivered at exactly the time I specified. The staff were really polite and helpful and I enjoyed my stay. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the vicinity of the hotel and it is an easy route to get to the centre on the tube.
I have seen a few people have written about the sound of the tube, which I must admit I could also hear from my room, but luckily I was exhausted each night, so drifted off very easily. I would also say there isn't much choice with the food, so I decided not to eat an evening meal in the hotel (although the restaurant looked very nice). The only other point I can pick up, is the toilet seat is plastic (I know it sounds really petty)- which is something I am not keen on.
This hotel is really great value for money and I would recommend it to anyone, I will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the sweetest smelling flowers in the lobby to the temptingly plumped sofas in the lounge, it's the attention to detail that makes The Colonnade London distinctively different. For each of our guests, there's something that especially appeals. The prospect of stretching out in a bath of bubbles at the end of the day. For business facilities - wifi, dual phone lines. But one thing is for sure: at The Colonnade London we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Colonnade London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonnade London Hotel London
- The Colonnade Hotel London