“Perfect!”

The Colonnade London
Ranked #341 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Found this hotel by chance on the internet and after checking it out on Tripadvisor decided to book.

It's a stones throw from Warwick Avenue tube and very easy to find. We were given a warm welcome and shown to our rooms. My husband and I got a double bed but our friend who was travelling on her own got a much larger bed all to herself! Slightly confusing but nonetheless the rooms were lovely with welcoming music when you entered the room.

We didn't sample the breakfast having decided to go for a walk along the canal and get something to eat but I'm sure it would be as nice as everything else. Behind the hotel is a little avenue with shops and a really nice pub with dining rooms that we would recommend.

We will definitely be returning and would recommend to any one who wants a hotel in a lovely area but be able to get a tube into the hustle and bustle of the city centre easily.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Caroline J
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the 'Perfect' review about us on Tripadvisor., we are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much.
Sorry you did not get a chance to sample the delights of our breakfast.
I'm glad you'll be returning and I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome back to The Colonnade and the Little Venice area.

There are newer reviews for The Colonnade London

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Little Venice. Great location (a couple of minutes from tube station). Staff were welcoming. We arrived early and the hotel stored our bags while we went for lunch. When we arrived back later, we were shown to our room by a friendly member off staff who explained some of the history of the hotel. Our bags had been transferred to our room which was great.
We stayed in room 10 which was 1 floor below street level. The room was clean and had air-conditioning. The only problem was that every 5-10 minutes there was a loud rumbling noise which I expect is cause by the nearby tube station! This noise went on till after midnight and started again early on Sunday morning. This did not result in a peaceful night's sleep!

Such a shame as a lovely hotel without this problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM159, Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review about us on Tripadvisor. and I'm happy we were able to save the day.
We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much and found the team so friendly but I am sorry that you found your room noisy
I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome back to The Colonnade and the Little Venice area in the near future, please request a room on a higher floor.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed in JFK Suite where i had all i could want.
Superb hotel, staff n location. Staff are extremly friendly n accomadating.
Maggie at reception is truly an asset to this hotel with her warm n friendly disposition, always with a smile.
Having travelled extentively this is the only hotel i would stay at in London. One of the best sleeps ive had...very comfy furnitures.
Amazing hotel n beyond excellent.
MAGNIFICENT!!

Room Tip: JFK Suite is great to relax in. Home away from home.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lydros
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much and I will pass your comments on to Maggie.
I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome back to The Colonnade and the Little Venice area the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a very sweet hotel in a quiet part of London. I don't particularly like busy, noisy spaces, so this was great. Walking the nighbourhood was peaceful as it is mostly a tree-lined, residential area with no crowds!

The reception area was soft and lovely. There is a sitting area to the left with plush couches and pillows. Though I didn't stay in that area for very long, I did pop in twice a day to see Minnie the cat. Yes, there is a resident kitty and she was a delight! Check-in was fast and our luggage was handled by Joaquin who was very helpful in explaining the room.

We stayed in the basement near the restaurant and the space was a bit cramped, yet still charming. The bed was a double (pretty standard in the UK) and was comfortable and warm. The tv was mounted on the wall and had many cable stations with English programming but a slew of US programs as well. The usual desk and chair, an additional accent chair, wardrobe and two bedside tables. There was the tea box wich also held the makings for coffee and an electric kettle.

If you know my reviews - you know I like to understand bathrooms! So this was was pretty simple. The usual commode and towel heater. The sink needs special attention as there are two seperate taps - one for hot and one for cold. There is no mixer so you have to choose! You can get creative if you'd like, but letting you know. The shower was another deal. I never get half-enclosures in tubs - you know....the tub and the half glass-plastic door to the top. The floor will invariably get wet. I'm not spalshing around in there doing a shampoo advertisement or anything, but the floors do get wet, we ended up using the bath mat and some extra towels to keep the floor dry. Took a bit to figure out the shower, but otherwise, I got nice hot, powerful showers during my stay - which is the most important thing.

My fave thing about this hotel was the evening bottle of sparkling water left in the room along with the little chocolates on our pillows. EVERY evening. The water being there, encouraged us to hydrate a bit more, so that was a plus.

ALL staff was helpful, pleasant and fine to deal with - we had no issue with anyone. There were no noisy guests to cause displeasure either. I belive that at night we'd ever so often to hear the underground train pass by, but it's not too disturbing or annoying.

Location is amazing - a couple mins walk from the Warwick Ave. station (on the Bakerloo line).

In all, I would highly recommend this charming hotel!!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that is NOT in the basement.
1  Thank JasmineLilypad

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much and found the team so helpful and pleasent.
I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome back to The Colonnade and the Little Venice area in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the wonderful Colonnade Hotel, excited from the start at the beautiful reception area. Our excitement quickly went down the drain when we found that our reservations (for 3 nights!) had been cancelled by a snafu on the part of our online reservation service. The service (which will remain un-named) had no reasonable explanation for the event and could be of no help. The front desk manager took pity on our predicament and managed to get us a fantastic room. The staff is attentive, the hotel beautiful and the location makes it easy to get around London. We returned 6 days later for the end of our trip and loved the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert48192
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the lovely review about us on Tripadvisor. and I'm happy we were able to save the day.
We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much and found the team so attentive.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wow, we spent two lovely nights in this gorgeous hotel. Our club room was comfortable with luxurious bedding and soft furnishings and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The local area is beautiful and very well located for travel throughout the city with Paddington station just a short walk from the hotel. A must do - take a leisurely stroll from Little Venice to Camden Market along the canal as you will not be disappointed. Thank you to all the staff of The Colonnade we WILL see you again!

Room Tip: Do not book a Club Room if you are unable to climb stairs as the charming Victorian lift will not ta...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay so much and found the team 'Friendly and helpful.'

Reviewed 5 June 2014

superb location with reasonable street parking - for my business trips in London it works extremely well as Warwick Avenue Tube is 2 mins walk and taxis to west end take about 10 mins.
great bedrooms with all the mod cons
good value and nice variety of rooms
but most important thing to recommend is the level of service by all the staff, it really is exceptional.
look forward to my next stay.
Ian A

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write the great review about us on Tripadvisor. we are delighted that you enjoyed enjoyed your stay so much.
I was very pleased to read your comments about the service as we strive to ensure every guest enjoys their stay.