1,478 results
All reviews little venice warwick avenue tube station bakerloo line hotel cat four poster bed maida vale alan turing jfk suite afternoon tea lovely hotel quiet neighborhood top floor club room breakfast was delicious third floor full english bottled water
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked the Colonnade Hotel for my wedding party this August 2018. My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was lovely however our stay was ruined after we realised a number of our belongings, including wedding gifts, went missing. We contacted the hotel to launch an investigation and after calling every day for around 3 weeks and leaving messages for the manager, no one has ever bothered to respond to us. It's hugely disappointing (especially for a 4 star hotel) and has tainted the whole experience for us. Unfortunately for these reasons I can't recommend the hotel to anyone.

2  Thank Tammy R
GM159, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Colonnade Hotel.

I was very disturbed and upset to read about this and I will contact you shortly

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I booked this hotel through Wowcher to celebrate our anniversary in August.

Whilst showering in the room at 6pm, I noticed a Black Rat run from the Bathroom to underneath the bed. Having thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, I told my partner who said she didn't see it. However, after retiring to our room that evening, my partner also saw another rat run from underneath the bed to the wardrobe....and upon closer inspection, there are big wholes in the wall in the wardrobe.

I phoned Reception (using my mobile) as the room phone wasn't working. The night staff came up and apologised, however could not move us rooms as they were "full-up", so I asked if they could move us to another hotel, and they refused. So we were expected to sleep in that room for the night (with RATS!). Naturally, we didn't sleep well that night and our anniversary was ruined.

I complained the next morning to Chirad, the manager. However, not once had an apology and I've asked for a refund. Still a month on, I've had no response. I've now raised a formal complain with Wowcher and have informed Westminster Health Inspectors to conduct further investigations into the hotel.

Having Rats on the top floor of the hotel is NOT GOOD!

Also, to add to our frustration and appaling experience, the hotel charged me £27 for nothing on my card after checking out. Still waiting for this to be refunded.....

DO NOT STAY HERE!

8  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Arrived at the hotel everything was great asked to fill out registration form. I realised my phone was missing when we arrived at the room so rang reception immediately as I knew I put the phone on the reception desk when completing registration form. Went down to reception was told no nothing here I then asked to see CCTV this was 7ish at night, told only security could look at CCTV and they weren't in until 10am????? Asked in the morning regards this "yes security will view CCTV at 10am" (I was thinking this is a bit strange having CCTV at 10 in the morning but not at night). We arrived back at the hotel at lunch time to be told "sorry security cannot look at CCTV has to be the managing director who is away until next week". So I am sure you can imagine what I am thinking and hence if you do stay at this hotel be sure to keep any valuables with you at all times. My face book was hacked so yes it was stolen from the desk in reception.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank angelasmith302018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Hi. We stayed in the Colonnade Hotel from Sept. 2nd to Sept. 6th.
O.K. So the bad news right away...the Colonnade Hotel is not a four star hotel.
Nor a three or two star hotel. Maybe it´s a 0.8 star hotel...
But let´s be honest...many of us booked it via "SecretEscapes" with -70% or so...
Usually you HAVE to think there is something wrong...otherwise (and if you have
enough money;)) you would go directly to the sites of Grange, Meridien or Waldorf
Hilton London...
The question is...is the -70% still a scam or not?

We think not. The hotel is admittedly very old and in a very bad condition.

But on the good side of things...the Hotel is very well situated and quiet...
basically 30 seconds away from Warwick Avenue Station which takes you to
Piccadilly Circus in 10 Minutes :)
The room was very small but it was fun and it´s o.k. :)
The breakfast was very yummy and the stuff super helpful, nice and caring :D

If they would do a little bit of refurbishment, we will be there very soon again:)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexander H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are going to embarking on an upgrade programme very soon

I was delighted to read that 'The breakfast was very yummy and the stuff super helpful, nice and caring'

I hope we can welcome you back soon

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We had booked a club room for 4 nights at Fawly Tow ... eh, The Colonnade but on arrival we were ushered into a bedsit room in the basement that was not the 17 sq that was advertised. We brought this to the Manager on duty and she - without complaint -moved us to another room only slightly better. We were tired after a day of travel and just wanted a sleep. The next morning we awoke and in the silence of the morning could hear the unmistakable plopping of dripping water ... the bad news was that it was coming from our wardrobe!! The air conditioning unit had been leaking into said wardrobe and the only reason we did not hear it before was because it was dripping onto a spare blanket! We had wondered where the funky smell came from the previous evening and we had hung some clothes in the wardrobe but could not see anything as several room lights did not work!! Again we were moved this time to a suite which was pretty nice but alas the air con did not work and broiled until the nite Manager - lovely young chap called Ethan - brought us a fan! We then left for a week to Portugal but were assured the rooms we had would be available for our return ..but they werent and we were issued with a attic on the 4th floor instead. To be fair this was pretty decent and we had a great view over London but you had to be a mountain goat to get up the stairs ... and much more difficult with an armload of suitcase! On the plus side : the food was really good - Its of Persian charactor and was delicious! The staff must also be commended - I reckon they have very little to work with and must be getting badgered by disgruntled guests every day of the week and it is a credit to them that they dont crack under the pressure. The owner(s) need to spend some money on the Colonnade and return it to its former (?) glory - Its in a great spot just 3 mins from the tube and the exterior is magnificent but those rooms ....

Room Tip: Good room ? We had a room on the fourth floor which was reasonable but best to check before you start moving your stuff in!!
2  Thank Dargos

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We did have an issue with the a/c unit, they are regularly serviced, and this unit has been fixed

I was delighted to read that your positive comments about the service and that you enjoyed the food so much.

I hope we can welcome you back soon