“Gory but fascinating”

US$65.42*
London Dungeon and Thames River Sightseeing Cruise
US$92.58*
and up
London Attraction Pass Including St Paul's Cathedral, The View from The Shard...
Ranked #28 of 376 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The London Dungeon, one of the UK’s most iconic attractions, has reinvented itself now as a bigger, bolder and better attraction in the vast underground vaults of County Hall on the South Bank, next to the EDF Energy London Eye. The all new multi-million pound attraction will bring 1000 years of authentic London history to life with a unique mix of talented live actors performing in scarily funny shows, stunning special effects, edge of your seat surprises and two exciting thrill rides. Guests will embark on a journey through a dramatic London landscape going back ten centuries. They will be guided through ghastly plague-ridden streets, witness Guy Fawkes’ dramatic plot to blow up Parliament, travel back to Jack the Ripper’s bleak Whitechapel and walk beneath London’s foreboding medieval gates. There are new shows and rides which are more dramatic and surprising than ever, new funnier scripts, more theatrical costumes and styling and more talented actors to play even more colourful villains and blaggards.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

With morbid curiosity I went there on the spur of the moment. We were treated to a gruesome introduction of how life must have been in the past, with the various instruments of torture and methods of punishment. For the first time I found out what being drawn and quartered actually meant, when these days it can be used in a rather flippant manner. It was educational and though not exactly entertaining for me, I came out quite thankful not to be living in those eras.

1  Thank PhoebeNJ

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was very skeptical about the dungeon attraction. I don't normally like these things but I was so surprised by how much fun I actually had going through the dungeon. It is so well laid out and the characters are well played by the actors. There is just the right amount of information and scaring. The staff are what make it so special, they are engaging and committed to the roles. Make sure you go early in the morning as the queues can be long.

1  Thank ag27
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enoyed The Dungeons. It was fun and educational. From start to finish it was enjoyable and scary! The ride at the end was excellent. However, I wouldn't recommened the attraction to young children.

1  Thank BM1989x
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After visiting Hamburg Dungeon I promised to visit also in London and to give comparative review. Actually I'm not a Dungeon specialist but I had some expectations regarding quality of the show in south bank of Thames next to London eye. We pre-booked tickets from their well-organised webpages. However, tickets were not properly checked in doors and anyone with A4 size paper can evidently enter the show. Otherwise the whole staff was true professionals, and all the historical events were interesting. However, was it scary - maybe for someone but not for us. Were we disappointed - yes, a little bit. Did we have problems with the language - yes a little bit even though I'm used to use English in my work, and as far as I understood, my teenagers also did not undertand everything. However, compared to presentations given in German everything was chrystal clear. Maybe everything was far too well prepared and actors and actresses were too good and too ready to make their own show. Altogether London Dungeon has good value for money, and it is very suitable at least for youngsters. Special thank's for the man in shop with very nice rat in his shoulders. He and his pet were the most positive thing in the Dungeon. The final result is draw: Hamburg 4 - London 4. And if we go back to the title, maybe Garden Museum is not so scary, but if you have time please visit also there in Lambeth Palace area close to Lambeth Bridge.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really enjoyed it funny in one part as been picked out for being scared so when the lights went out the lady in the dungeon was put in darkness she moved so when the lights came on she was right by me did scare me not anything I didn't like

Been to The London Dungeon? Share your experiences!