“Great fun”

and up
London Dungeon Entrance Ticket
Ranked #63 of 409 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The London Dungeon, one of the UK’s most iconic attractions, has reinvented itself now as a bigger, bolder and better attraction in the vast underground vaults of County Hall on the South Bank, next to the EDF Energy London Eye. The all new multi-million pound attraction will bring 1000 years of authentic London history to life with a unique mix of talented live actors performing in scarily funny shows, stunning special effects, edge of your seat surprises and two exciting thrill rides. Guests will embark on a journey through a dramatic London landscape going back ten centuries. They will be guided through ghastly plague-ridden streets, witness Guy Fawkes’ dramatic plot to blow up Parliament, travel back to Jack the Ripper’s bleak Whitechapel and walk beneath London’s foreboding medieval gates. There are new shows and rides which are more dramatic and surprising than ever, new funnier scripts, more theatrical costumes and styling and more talented actors to play even more colourful villains and blaggards.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went a while ago, but was real good fun with the misses had a right laugh. Plus a good way of finding out a few things from the past of London history. But once seen don't really feel like going again. Would be perfect trip for your kids.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,855)
All reviews
in 655 reviews
"jack"
in 660 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2014

It was so interactive. I play and a ride rolled into one. I would definitely recommend going. I really liked it but the line was long.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was an exciting day out & this attraction did not disappoint.
Staff were excellent in character, really appeared to believe in their roles & brought their characters to life.
Audience participation is thrust upon you with humour & wit, yet not in a way that can make one feel uncomfortable, it is all very lighthearted.
My children are 9 & 10 & thought it was brilliant. It is scary, but funny-scary & the darkness, sudden loud noises, suspense & times we were made jump made it so much fun. We were anticipating terrifying but it isn't really like that. It is suitable for families who have members willing to soak up the atmosphere.
It was very busy, so booking online first if you don't fancy killing time with a picnic (like we did) is probably advisable.
Go! It's good fun!

LondonDungeon1975, Guest Relations Manager at The London Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Thank you for the great review, you may keep your head! ~ King Henry VIII

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Firstly the online booking experience turned what I thought was £84.50 for 3 adults and 2 children into £107.50! I don't think the initial price you see includes vat until you go through the booking process and find that it then does.
We were prebooked online so skipped the Q and went straight in and queued...and queued...and queued! You then follow a trail with a group of about 30, mostly in darkness with people jumping out on you, all good fun. Each room is a quick 5 mins or so on Londons illustrious history, Jack The Ripper, Sweeny Todd, Newham prison, the great plague etc etc, presented by young staff/actors, all very good. It culminates with a sort of freefall ride which is not for the faint hearted but you are warnef and can miss this. It apparently is supposed to simulate being hanged but is more like a fairground ride and the undoubted highlight of the tour. You then are given the opportunity to buy a photo pack with some cheap key rings etc for a very expensive £20!! Exorbitant!!
Tour lasts about hour and 40 mins, on the way round you can get sprayed with water, blown with air etc to add to the fun.
My son aged 14 and my daughter 11 loved it, more so than the Tower of London as it was more 'fun'. I thought it was ok, if quite expensive, but what isn't these days?
I did leave with the feeling that I'd heen a bit tucked up for 107 quid . The brochure advertises a boat ride with some sort of video/3D presentation of Brian Blessed as Henry VIII. Well either it doesn't exist or the staff completely bypassed it coz we didn't see it!! Will be contacting about this as it's surely a trades description issue?
Overall 3 stars for me as the kids really enjoyed it. I, however, wouldn't go again and thought Mafame Toussauds was a lot better

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went to the Dungeon with a friend and had a brilliant time - I last visited some years back and it has improved greatly since then. The tour is well done, as are all the staged sections. The rides were a surprise as I did not realise there were any in there, I especially enjoyed the boat ride.
However I was most impressed with the customer service I received after my trip - I bought a toy for my daughter, but when we got it home it was found to be missing some parts. The Customer Service team immediately sent out an alternative gift to my daughter, one even better than the original git I bought. She particularly loved getting a parcel in the post with her name on. Thank you!

Thank you for the great review, you may keep your head! ~ King Henry VIII

Been to The London Dungeon? Share your experiences!