Open today: 09:30 - 18:00

from US$83.70
from US$73.40
from US$88.90
21,073 results
All reviews audio tour buried here coronation chair jeremy irons unknown soldier isaac newton mary queen of scots lady chapel evensong service english history beautiful church london pass historical figures awe inspiring amazing history own pace entrance fee
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We made a mistake by not budgeting enough time to spend here. We were hurrying through but had to slow down given the overwhelming amount of history to absorb. Don't make the same mistake we did and give yourself several hours to appreciate everything that has gone on here and the astonishing achievements of the incredible people buried in Westminster Abbey.

1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

When I visited a few months back I went with one friend for a day out sightseeing at he had never been to London before. I decided to take him to Westminster abbey and even I was overwhelmed with the sights and things to do there and I've been before! Great sights and things to do as well as a McDonald's nearby so food isn't a issue. Only 4 dots not 5 simply because the London Eye is ludicrously expensive and the queues are enormous. Apart from that you could spend a good couple of hours there

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We did not expect to see the very expensive entry price for Westminster Abbey. We decided to not go in after all - it's a CHURCH after all- why should it cost so much to get in? We did eat at the Cellarium downstairs in the basement which was very nice - good food and a distinctive atmosphere.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Beyond input controls, beyond that constantly back and forth inside the abbey visitors, can not not admire the greatness of this place of worship, close history between its walls is impressive and worth visiting .... no matter how much it costs ...
Depends on the mood of everyone, calling everyone ... but you can not bow to the greatness of human genius ... who designed and built this great ...

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I were so excited at the thought of attending a worship service and free organ concert at Westminster Abbey on Sun Aug 17, while we were visiting London Aug 16-22. But surprisingly, it was not a good experience from the moment we were ushered in until the minute we left. No one was friendly or even polite. In fact, I understand that positively NO pictures are allowed inside the Abbey, but the workers were beyond MILITANT about it, constantly pacing back and forth, eyeing the crowd and barking "NO cell phones!" and "NO photographs!" at anyone remotely looking as if they were reaching for a cell phone or a camera throughout our visit! It was actually ridiculous and quite unpleasant. So, although the stone work inside the Abbey is beautiful in its own way and the church itself is of course an iconic masterpiece, steeped in history, the actions and attitude of the staff who work in the Abbey undermine and overwhelm any positive experience we could have otherwise had there during our visit. The organ concert was excellent and obviously, the organ itself was exquisite as the sound enveloped every corner of the interior space. But, other than that, we were left feeling exceptionally cold. Even the sermon message surprised me, as it was wholly secularized and politicized, having nothing to do with God. Although I did light a candle and pray for the Lord's peace on our world on my way out, this experience was not at all what I anticipated, considering it is a functioning church and therefore a house of God. It certainly wasn't warm or welcoming as one would reasonably think a house of God would be. But, considering its history, I suppose it's still worth a visit as a tourist attraction, and maybe paying the entrance fee and going during tourist hours is better than going when we did for the free organ concert and evening worship service on Sunday (with NO choir or communion, by the way). That said, if you are only going to visit one church in London, I'd strongly recommend skipping this one and going to St. Paul's Cathedral instead!! It's a far more warm and welcoming environment with friendly staff, both for tourists and worshipers alike!! No comparison!!

1  Thank TaraLosAngeles