“Closest Likeness to Venice That I Will Ever Know”
Review of Little Venice

Ranked #203 of 1,724 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Picturesque London neighborhood marked by its canal waterway and broad tree-lined streets, Little Venice was built between 1810 and 1870 and was the popular haunt of many artists, writers and scientists.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was heading to my 1 hour canal ride as part of my London's pass. I walked up to this area from the Warwick station on the Tube. It is a quaint little area. Along the canal, are so many very cool looking canal boats both old and new. Imagine the history behind them and the canal. There were even a few restaurants that were canal boats that used to float down the river. They were brightly colored and decorated with flowers.

This was the closest likeness to Venice that I will ever know as I have not been to Italy yet. It is a worth your time to see this area and take a walk along the canal to see more.

2  Thank Dolores A

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was expecting lots of intertwining canals and a romantic vibe due to its name. However, we were greeted by algae filled canal full of tourists on barges. If you're in the area stop by otherwise don't make a special trip.

2  Thank ellebtn
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Maybe more famous amongst Londoners or frequent tourists, Little Venice is just a large pond at the confluence of three canals. The area has some nice homes, gardens, and views. If you have the time DO walk up Regents Canal or Union Canal -- it is totally different side of London. In fact, the walk to Camden Locks is not that long and you get a really good sense of an old form of transport in London.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We've been meaning to go here for ages and got round to it on this visit to London. Walking distance to Warwick Ave tube or Paddington tube/mainline. It a quirky, characterful neighbourhood with a real mix of housing stock, lovely canal and basin (go to the Waterside Cafe for a coffee and cake) and an equal mix of people. It was raining when we went so I'd love to go back again but for a stroll and a break from the turmoil of London this is worth putting on your list for an hour or two's R&R.

4  Thank ahj1970
Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a nice discovery! on a nice and sunny July mid week day we walked from Padington alongside the canal towards Warwick avenue. This is an absolutely charming area of London with both wealthy houses and arty canal boats. Alongside the canal we found several lovely bars and eateries, we sat in one of them on the water and had very nice coffees and beers. I absolutely recommend to take a narrow canal boat from Little Venice Waterbus and cruise the canal through regent park and its Zoo towards Camden Lock where you will enjoy absolutely divine street food experience from all over the world.

2  Thank Frenchfrog39