“Do Not Stay Here”
Review of Curzon House Hotel

Curzon House Hotel
Ranked #509 of 930 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 2 May 2009

This is teh worst hotel i have ever stayed at i should have heeded the other reviews

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2008

as pointed out above by someone else this place is horrible.
the pictures uploaded by the other reviewer show the bathroom
some months earlier and by now the light above the toilet is broken and the shower is even more black. stairs even more defect.

the bed was dirty, the windowlock broken and the
carpet dirty.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 21 July 2008

This hostel was simply a great choice. The location is perfect, neighbourhood quiet and beautiful, close to shops and the tube. Our room was spacious enough, CLEAN, the beds were comfortable. Breakfasts were okey - toasts and cereals. I think that anyone who is not exactly used to staying in Ritz :-) will enjoy his stay!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank huppe
Reviewed 29 January 2008

The worst place I`ve ever been to, except 2$ hotels in India...
Sickening bathrooms, dirty and rundown....during my 3-nights stay always something was missing there....light or hot water or toilet paper....
All of the bad opinion about this place written previously are true.
I will upload few pictures of this place..

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 30 August 2007

The lady at the reception is not polite at all, the place is dirty, it stinks because of the inundations (that is not a joke: the water is leeking everywhere and nobody does nothing...), the toilets are disgusting... Only the guests are nice, very friendly. The rooms are very dirty (don't look under the beds and in the corners, please!). The TV lounge is old and so disgusting, the floor is always wet. And it is not so cheap! The sheets are dirty, never changed... Most of the furnitures are broken. The good side is that it is a very good place to party! People are drinking and smoking everywhere, always asking to have a drink: very friendly! Most of them are permanent guests, in fact it is their house, and that is the best side of this house. Partying! If you want a clean place, do not go there!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2007

In all seriousness, this was the worst hostel experience I'd ever had. I booked this place online because of their location and affordable price, but once I arrived I regretted it so much that I canceled the rest of my stay after spending one night. I was on a tight budget, but even then, it did not make sense to spend any more money for an unpleasant experience!

I stayed in a shared female room -- it was a very small room for 8 women (4 two-story bunk beds), and I had a hard time finding space on the floor to put my luggage down. Trash was overflowing from the garbage bin, and I have no idea when they last vacuumed the room.

The shared room was full (I was the 8th person), but most of the women were not tourists. They were foreigners who "lived" there, in search of a job or attending school. So the atmosphere was different than a place where people are coming and going. There were clothes hung around the beds, books piled on the floor, and the bathroom was crowded with toiletries.

The shared room was on the 3rd floor and the front desk in the basement, so it was a bit of an exercise carrying the luggage up 4 floors (there is no elevator). When I finally arrived on the 3rd floor, it was completely dark (there was no light in the hallway), so I had to take out my flashlight to see which door led to my room.

I didn't get a sense that the staff cared for those who stayed. For example, I was having trouble using the pay phone (which was about 5m away from the front desk), and after my third try in vain I asked for help. And the lady who was staffing the desk said, "Oh, that pay phone doesn't work." She returned me the money I spent on the phone, but didn't bother to post an "OUT OF ORDER" sign on the phone.

I almost had to hold my breath while showering, because there was a lot of mold on the walls and the ceiling. Also, one of the toilets did not have a toilet seat.

There was one coin-operated computer in the kitchen.

To be fair, one thing I did appreciate was the sheets and pillow cover the front desk gave me upon check-in. They were clean, so once I was in bed and closed my eyes, I was able to sleep.

I would not recommend staying at Curzon House to anyone unless saving a penny is of utmost importance to you at the moment.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2007

If you're after somewhere cheap cheerful with close proximity to underground station, shops and tourist attractions this place works a charm!

We were stuck in London, having had EasyHotels mess up our bookings. We were given a number for this hotel and told they might have room for us.

Thankfully, when we rang just before midnight, they had a few beds spare and waited in until we had arrived. Ensuring we could check in.

This is more a hostel than a hotel. But they do offer a great breakfast, have a living room where guests can socialise with other guests. The rooms and bathroom facilities are clean and the place is safe.

We only needed the room to sleep in and this place fit the requirement nicely. The staff were friendly and helpful and were very shocked by our treatment at EasyHotels.

Next time I'm in London I'll be checking in again!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends