“The King and I was fantastic!”
Review of London Palladium

The King and I
Ranked #181 of 1,871 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Designed in 1910 by Frank Matcham, this famous London theater has a seating capacity of 2,286.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on Monday with my daughter who was celebrating her 26th birthday - no category for that! Lots of people queuing outside when we arrived but they moved really quickly. We were seated in row W of the stalls and had a good view of the stage. The production and the cast were excellent - we had a fantastic evening and would highly recommend it. The interval is only 15 minutes so need to be quick if you want a drink or the toilet. Didn’t seem to be any air conditioning so bear that in mind with regards to what to wear. Only a short run so don’t delay in getting your tickets.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)
All reviews
in 137 reviews
"singing"
in 100 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The King and I is the latest production at The London Palladium theatre. We were there yesterday (25th June 2018) and found the show excellent. All the familiar songs and the story concerning the King of Siam and the English school teacher he employed for his children were beautifully performed. Well worth a visit within its fourteen week limit. The theatre was full so we were lucky that this was a Christmas present for us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful evening / the show was stunning - Kelli O’Hara was sublime! She evoked the glamour and sophistication of the goddesses of a bygone era! Deborah Kerr would have been proud...

Just s couple of housekeeping notes...

trip advisor- we were with family but no children or teenagers!

Palladium - PLEASE sort out your interval drinks!!! It can’t be THAT difficult every theatre in London manages!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are taller than 5 ft 4” the seating in the royal circle is dreadful. After 30 minutes, I was in agony and the girl next to me was in tears and didn’t even return for the 2 nd half. A show usually lasts around 3 hours, if a budget airline made you sit in seats this small to get to Europe they would have been shamed on the news, but London theatres get away with it. Sort it out, it costs a lot to see these shows but you are unable to enjoy them

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited last night to see the King and I, I’ve loved the film since I was a girl so a few decades later I was excited to see the stage version.
The Palladium on TV appears huge. Nothing much to look at on the outside but inside it’s stunning. Very clean and excellent staff. Plenty of legroom row I in the stalls and an excellent view.
The show itself has gone straight into my top 3, ok it doesn’t strictly follow the film and there are a few extra songs but it didn’t in any way detract from my enjoyment of the show. My 8 month wait from when I purchased the tickets was more than worth it.