All reviews bayswater underground station yogurt portobello road notting hill continental breakfast hyde park restaurants and bars kensington gardens triple room basic hotel quiet location tea and coffee minute walk would definitely stay here again couple of nights family room luggage
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This hotel’s location is pretty good. It only takes about 5-7 mins walk to Bayswater and Queensway stations of Central line (red) and Circle line (yellow). You can reach most sightseeing sites in zone 1 for £2 (one-way) by using an Oyster card. For some nearby museums, like V&A, Natural History and Science, if you have time, they can also be reached by walking/cutting across the Hyde Park, which is really a dogs' heaven! Just be sure to check when the park will be closed though.

The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (in basement) quality has been consistently decent. Some people are complaining about tiring fixtures and squeaky floor. But even the floor in the National Gallery can not be totally squeaky free. The only reason why I will only give it a 3.7 rating instead of a full 4.0 is the small room size. Regardless how many times I have come across this topic, I found I was still mentally underprepared. But after a few days, I have already self-adjusted enough to find the room rather quite cozy. Plus, I spent most of time in sightseeing, so I don’t find the room size is really that a big deal. I also already memorized a few “hot” (squeaky) spots on floor which I would walk around : – ).

The room we stayed does not have a tea kettle. There’s one in the room on the 1st floor where a computer with internet access is located. However, if you do want to have instant hot water supply in your own room, then you can consider buying one (220v with correct plug type) from a few household goods stores on the Bishop’s Bridge road for about £26.

Overall, this hotel offers excellent values backed by their friendly staffs at a good location.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blackblackterrier
Reviewed 26 September 2012

the location near Nottinghill is great, close to two tube stations and safe at night. It is really a lovely neighborhood and I enjoyed more of a "real" neighborhood away from vasts amounts of tourists. I had a twin room with private bath, and the hotel was very nice in giving me basically a free upgrade. The rooms are very simple, and quite small, but this is what I expect in London for a low price. Everything however is spotless clean and totally attended to. My only criticism is that the switchboard is off past a certain time so I could not receive phone calls to my room. The only other criticism is that the computer room is locked after about 11pm so I could only check email if I got back early. However, there is free wi-fi in the building and that is great. Breakfast is fine, nice to not leave being hungry. This a very nice hotel, good value, and I do recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sandytarbet
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My friend and I went to London to support our friend for the Olympics and stayed for a total of 6 nights. I knew that this hotel was going to be basic so I wasn't expected much aside from a clean place to stay in a good location and that was exactly what I got.

There are no frills to the room. If you are expecting luxury, then you'll be disappointed. But understand that the rooms will be relatively spartan, a bed, a sink and TV and no AC, and you'll be fine. My friend and I got a twin room without a bathroom attached, so we had to use a communal bathroom. I thought this would be like going to a gym locker room, but instead they were single bathrooms that locked and had a shower stall. They were clean and perhaps my friend and I just lucked out, but we didn't ever have to wait to use the bathroom and it was always clean.

The early morning breakfast was pretty basic, but it was great to start the day with some free cereal, toast, cheese and tea. I didn't require much more than that, but if you do, they have a hot breakfast option and there were little convenience stores and a Marks &Spencer, a grocery/small-Target type of store, very close to the hotel.

The hotel was very close to two Tube stops, Queensway and Bayswater. The area, aside from what looked like a hostel with some raggedy looking inhabitants up the street, was good. It wasn't very desolate at night, yet it was quiet. The neighborhood was also really picturesque.

Again, it is a bare bones, no frills hotel and as long as you're comfortable with that, your stay at the Garden Court Hotel will be fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pumacess22
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend as we were in London to go to the Blur Olympic closing gig in hyde Park, I wasn't impressed with the room for the price we paid, we were on the bottom floor at the back and had to walk up the stairs to use the shower. The room was also extremely noisy. On the day we checked out we wanted to leave our luggage as we had a few hours to spare to wander round but we were told that there was no secure area, and we could leave it in the middle of the reception room at our own risk if we wanted. I wouldn't reccomend this hotel, but the location was convenient and it is close to the tube station. If the room hadn't have been so expensive I wouldn't have been as disappointed, maybe the price was due to the fact that it was the same night as the last day of the Olympics.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of July when friends from Australia were visiting. Excellent location with two tube stations less than a 5 minute walk and Paddington Station an easy 15 minute walk away. Lovely quiet position in a safe pretty aread of London. Very clean and comfortable at an excellent price for the location - I booked a single non-en suite room for 50 per night and was upgraded to a double non-en suite at no extra charge. It was perfect for my needs as a comfortable clean and good value place to sleep while exploring London, it is reasonably basic with everything you need - no fuss but then this is reflected in the price. Continental breakfast was fine, nothing special. I was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel which could get a little noisy in the late evening as reception was shutting up but nothing unbearable. I'd stay here again if I wanted a cheap and comfortable base for exploring and enjoying London.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo