“Friendly staff, clean room”
Review of Garden Court Hotel

Garden Court Hotel
Ranked #635 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, clean room”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed in the Garden Court Hotel in January. Gloria the receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and quiet. We had the continental breakfast which was adequate. All hotels in London are expensive so the Garden Court was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malo17_13
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words, I'm pleased to read that you found us well priced when compared to other London hotels. Hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

More than I expected. Everything in excellent conditions. Lovely reception area, nicely decorated. Super small bathroom but perfectly clean. It might become an inconvenience if you plan to stay many days. Hairdryer in your room. Nice view. Fantastic location. Breakfast was drink, toasts, butter (not just any butter...THE butter), fruits and a couple of other options. Healthy and modest. Would love to stay there again.

The lift should be balanced or something. I didn't feel very comfortable in it (you can always use the stairs anyway). As for the staff serving breakfast, latecomers should either be welcome or not accepted at all, I think. There shouldn't be anything in between. You can see the staff at the kitchen not very willing to serve food to latecomers. But they do anyway. In such a small breakfast room, tension among staff can be easily detected. I was not late at all but saw some guests who were and the atmosphere changed significantly. Background music might be a nice solution.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our butter!
We have taken your comments about the breakfast on board and looking to the future, we hope to have a more consistent standard of service.

Hope to see you again!
Aarhus
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotels in London are not cheap. We found the Garden Court at a reasonable cost in terms of location. Our room was peaceful situated next to a bright courtyard. The service was fine. Next time I go to London I would like to stay there again.
There are several good restaurants in the neighborhood

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mads_Bodil
Great to read that you plan to stay again on your next visit to the capital, and we look forward to having you with us again!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights.
I stayed in a single room with ensuite bathroom. My room was a shoebox.
Hardly enough room to roll my luggage in, I had to store my suitcase directly behind the door as it was its widest point. The bed was average, the mattress was quite thin. No tea or coffee making facilities in room, only in reception which is highly inconvenient. The staff are happy to refill the kettle and get clean cups for you, but it's still less than ideal.
My bathroom brought a whole new meaning to the term 'water closet'. I could shower myself whilst sitting on the toilet. And when it came time to wash hands I would stand outside of the bathroom and lean in to use the sink, as there wasn't even enough room for me to stand in there.

On a lighter note the wifi was strong and breakfast was free, both a positive.

I would not stay here again. I paid more for this room then I did in a hotel around the corner in Leinster Square, which had much better facilities. For the price I paid I would at least like to be able to stand in my bathroom.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The location is superb, the quadruple/family room is large and really comfortable to stay with. I also booked a triple room which is relatively small in everything compared to the family room. there is hardly space to move in the bathroom.
location-wise, it is easy to find places to eat nearby. 5 minutes or less walk to Bayswater and Queensway tube station. You'll love it staying around this area.

Room Tip: choose the family room if you want good space to move around. although it's just for a place to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly J
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your review, it's great to read that you loved our location and that you recommend others to stay. We hope you stay again too!
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two night to see the new year in. We arrived to a very friendly receptionist who showed us to our room. In the room was a very nice welcome letter and a box of chocolates The room was very clean and bed was so comfortable. No tea and coffee facilities in the room but was in the reception. We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad you liked the chocolates - it was Christmas after all!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here in the triple room for one night to see in the New Year and found the location was a perfect distance to Queensway tube station for our trips out. The staff were always friendly and helpful, topped off by the bottle of wine and chocolates left in our hotel room after coming home from the celebrations which was a lovely unexpected touch. Our continental breakfast was just what we needed to set us up for the day, although cooked breakfast was unavailable that day. We would recommend this to our family and friends!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family