“A good hotel in a good location.”
Review of Garden Court Hotel

Garden Court Hotel
Ranked #621 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I was not familiar with this area, but now I will be happy to return. The hotel is pleasant. I had a single room with a non en-suite bathroom (it was down some steps in a corridor). This was fine for me. The room was small but big enough for me for the one night, (or even a few days). The reception staff were great - friendly, efficient etc. The breakfast room is small, and the breakfast options are limited. The waitress was friendly and helpful. I opted for a cooked breakfast and paid the extra few pounds. I felt it was well worth it.
The area seems good, basically large white painted Georgian houses with front steps.
Transport connections are good. I took a bus to and from Paddington, only about 3 stops, so less than 10 minutes. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby too.

I will return for sure ands can recommend others to give this place a try.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ImASunseekerMe
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Sunsekeer!
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that you plan to return to us and next time if you call us on 020 7229 2553 to reserve your room, we will give a complimentary upgrade to cooked breakfast! Thanks again and see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Garden Court Hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My sister, my daughter and i were happy to find a large comfortable family room we could share for two nights. With two single beds and a double bed we slept very well. Bathroom was small but there was lots of hot water and it was very clean.
The hotel is in a quiet section but close to lots of shops and restaurants. With our Oyster cards and nearby Bayswater underground station we were very happy with the location. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was always someone on the desk so we felt secure leaving our bags there for a while after check out.
The breakfast wasn't the best but it was served in a pleasant and friendly manner and was a good start to our sightseeing day.
Quiet, good location and reasonably priced. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank agatharaisin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Garden Court Hotel for one night during a weekend trip to London. It was a friendly hotel in a quiet location. As I was travelling with my two daughters I had specifically requested a three-bed room and was pleased to find that this was what we had been given. The room was fairly basic but very comfortable and we slept well. Although the bathroom could probably have done with a spruce-up, it was clean and more than adequate for a short stay. The hotel staff were welcoming and helpful.
The hotel is about five minutes walk from Bayswater underground station so getting around the city was no problem and there are plenty of shops in the local area. On the Saturday evening we were there, there were a group of unsavoury looking characters sat drinking in one of the doorways near the hotel, which some may have found intimidating, but they did not bother us when we walked past. My only slight criticism of the Garden Court was that the breakfast room was crowded and the choice of food was a little limited. Otherwise it was ideal for a reasonably-priced family break in London.

Room Tip: Get down to breakfast early
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven A
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel turned out to be exactly like the reviewers had stated.
The positive aspects of this hotel are: the location, the wifi, the decent breakfast( toasts, cereal, yogurts)
The negative side is: the poor quality of the bedding, the paper thin walls, the miniscule bathroom( and Im petite), the overall shabbiness of the room.

Considering London prices, I thought it was OK for a 3 night stay. But Im not sure I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that you liked our location and took advantage of our free WiFi. We are in the process of replacing of our older beds so should you return I am sure you will be pleased with the quality of the new bedding!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The attention, the most kind and friendly Spanish guys, others do not stand out.
Well located and there are many choices of food and groceries a few blocks.

Worst:

Super basic breakfast, toast, yogurt and little else.
Do not have a protected place to leave our bags, left at the entrance and a sign clearly said they are not made responsible for them.
Shower cubicle, it is difficult to move inside her.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am so glad that I stayed at Garden Court Hotel, and not in some anonymous chain hotel. It was spotless, tasteful, quiet, had a fantastic power shower, an very comfy bed. What else could you wish for?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad we ticked all the boxes and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We planned a random night trip to London and found this hotel at a great price so booked last minute. We wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel but when we arrived it changed our thoughts on this hotel within minutes. The staff was so friendly and answered every question properly. The check in was easy and simple. The room was standard but with the price it was perfect. The staff made sure we was comfortable where possible. Breakfast was help yourself but found staff helping where ever possible again which was a nice touch to our breakfast. I would definitely use this hotel in the future again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L

I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. It's great to read such positive feedback regarding our staff and I will share your kind words with them. Looking forward to your next visit!