“A great hotel downtown London!”
Review of Garden Court Hotel

Garden Court Hotel
Ranked #605 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Perpignan, France
“A great hotel downtown London!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very nice hotel, near Kensington gardens, in a lively neighborhood. Very well located, quiet, clean, roomy, convenient. We slept in a four-persons bedroom and really enjoyed the space and view. Perfect location to discover London for a reasonable price. The staff was kind and always ready to answer our questions. The breakfast was a bit disappointing though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexia B
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read you liked the hotel. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Smallish bedroom for one person. Bathroom marginal making it very hard for a tall person when needing toilet. Bed was comfortable. However pillow wasnt changed from day to day and sheets. Despite that,fan was handy

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elis G
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel is in a good location and has responsive and attentive staff (especially Gloria on reception who is extremely good). Room furnishings a little tired but nonetheless clean. The breakfast was good and overall it was a comfortable stay. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Manager C, General Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am sure that Gloria is delighted with your kind words.
I am pleased to read that you intend to return to us, please call us on 020 7229 2553 when reserving your room and we will treat you to a complimentary cooked breakfast!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, one adult and two children. Had spacious & clean triple room on top floor, with comfortable beds (double and a single - contrary to the info given on internet booking sites that implied you could choose 3 single beds, but I suspect that is the fault of the booking sites I looked at and not the hotel's). Each bed had a reading light which was great and rarely encountered. I couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel, as my concern was that London is full of so many places to stay I could end up somewhere horrid, and this was clean, quiet, secure, had free wi-fi which worked without any problems during our entire stay, free hot drinks in reception, with friendly & helpful staff (especially Gloria, from Spain, on reception, great to see someone who actually loves their job!) and was very conveniently located within easy walk of several tube stations & buses, and countless restaurants, not to mention Kensington Gardens/Park. I had specifically understood from the booking site that breakfast was not included so the fact that the continental breakfast was included was simply an added bonus. When you're expecting nothing to have fruit, yoghurt, cereal, cheese, juice, toast & tea or coffee provided is a plus. Thank you Garden Court, I would definitely come again.

Room Tip: Our triple on top floor (503) was spacious and each bed had a reading light. Windows overlooked the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Manager C, Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. All guests can enjoy an inclusive continental breakfast regardless of how the booking is made. If you call us directly on 020 7229 2553 top book your room we will upgrade you to a cooked breakfast free of charge!! Hope to see you again soon.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Mediocre hotel in every way except location which is top! Bar is in the basement and quite depressing ! The breakfast is plastic and very basic. However....the size of our 'family' room was just ridiculous ....and a bunk bed!? i wouldnt stay here again unless i was alone and couldnt find anywhere else ( we got a really cheap deal online). There must be nicer places than this in the area, we felt like tinned sardines. I gave it overall three stars simply because of its location and price ,both of which which are good.

Room Tip: As I said our room was ridiculously small and we had to struggle up the stairs with our luggage , no...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room size as expected; bathroom marginal. It was quiet. Hair dryer did not work, was reported and was not replaced during 4 day stay. No glass in room; desk provided plastic glass which was not replaced during 4 day stay. Internet service was not working part of the time, and when it was, the service made annoying requests for repeated sign ins. Desk staff polite and helpful with luggage, but not knowledgeable about area. Yes, it was very warm in room, and window opened only an inch or so. Breakfast ok. The "taxi" service is actually a private car service employed by the hotel which charges double or more for a trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hotel Manager C, Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I can only apologise for the issues during your stay and I will investigate why your hairdryer was not replaced. Our hotel mini cabs offer competitive rates when compared to the costly black cab alternatives. I would like to thank you once again for choosing to stay with us at the Garden Court Hotel
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My room was very tiny - seriously, the other reviews are not joking about barely being able to fit suitcases in - but was adequate otherwise. Bed was comfortable, wi-fi was good, and I actually really loved the in-room hairdryer. I booked a "private bathroom," which the booking website had led me to believe was en-suite, but it was actually down a flight of stairs. It was indeed private (I had the key), but not in the room itself. I don't know if the hotel has any en-suites, but it might be something worth verifying if you're expecting that. The hotel was very close to souvenir shops, Bayswater and Queensway tube stops, and Kensington Palace. I didn't have the included breakfast so I can't comment on that. The reception staff were friendly and the taxi service they called for me on the last day was very quick and courteous. Overall, a decent no-frills stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Harlequin84
Hotel Manager C, Front Office Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank for you feedback, I am pleased to read you liked the location. I would like also mention that we do have single en-suite room which are bigger than the room you had reserved and remember to call us directly on 020 7229 2553 to get the best deals. Hope you visit us again!.