Don't expect The Ritz: rooms are small but very clean and the staff welcoming and helpful. Reception/bar is very cramped but we spent very little time there so it did not matter. My main concern was the poor breakfast: this was included in the room rate and I would not recommend it - very limited and with no bacon, just overcooked sausages with the scrambled egg. I would have preferred either of the following options:
1. opt out of breakfast and have a reduced room rate
2. pay extra for a decent breakfast.
1. ask for a room at the back of the hotel. I was given one on the main road and it was very noisy.
2. don't let reception call you a cab: we did and the mini cab charged 100% more that a black cab did for the return journey!!! Go to the street and hail one down.
Although a Gold Priority Club member, apart from a standard welcoming letter and a bottle of water in the room, no additional benefits were offered/available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria. This central London hotel offers well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, in house pay per movies, bar, breakfast room, High Speed Internet Access also available at charge. Whether you are here on a short business trip or to explore the 'Sights and Sound' of London, this 'Budget Hotel' is perfect for both occasions. The hotel is ideally located for any one travelling to London via Gatwick Airport or Heathrow Airport. London Gatwick airport is just 35 minutes from London Victora where as London Heathrow is 15 minutes by Heathrow Express to London Paddington station from where the hotel is a short journey by underground or taxi.Closest Rail link: London Victoria Station. Closest Underground Station: Pimlico Underground Station. Closest Coach Station: London Victoria Coach Station. Closest Attractions: Tate Art Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, West End Theatres & Shopping. Accommodation: Twin bed rooms with two single beds for max. 2 adults and double rooms with a double bed and a sofa for max. 4 adults or max. 2 adults and 2 children. Nearest Underground Station - Pimlico ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Victoria Hotel London