Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria
Victoria Inn(London)
The Melita(London)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspimlico tubehi expresspriority clubthe lower ground floorfamily roombaked beansyogurtminute walksmall hotelbreakfast was includedlondon eyebuckingham palace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed an overnight stay on Sunday 03 March. I had visited the hotel previously in December with my friend, and the hotel met all our needs. Our room (on the fourth floor overlooking the street - as requested) was clean, bright and warm. There was no excessive noise. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room and the bathroom was very clean with good hot water.

The situation of the hotel (15 minute walk from Victoria Coach Station) is ideal. There is a nice pub just further down the street on the opposite side. The number 24 bus, which runs every few minutes twenty fours hours a day, takes you to Westminster Cathedral (for a short walk to Buckingham Palace), Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square (for Chinatown), Charing Cross Road/Oxford Street and to Camden Town.

All the staff were very accommodating, friendly and professional. They allowed us to leave our overnight bags in the luggage room for collection later in the afternoon (it costs £3.50 per bag at the coach station).

The breakfast was totally satisfactory. It used to be that Holiday Inn Express only supplied cold food as part of their free breakfast, but they now provide scrambled eggs, sausage and baked beans. As well as toast, there were nice fresh brown and white rolls, croissants, pastries, cereals, jams and spreads, tinned fruit, fruit juice, cheese, fresh fruit. Various coffees, teas and other hot beverages were available. A TV in the corner was relaying the news.

We could not fault the hotel for an overnight stay and will certainly be staying there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendac57
HotelServiceTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Brenda57,

WOW!! Where do I start….I am so happy to read that we seemed to have ticked all your boxes. It’s great to know that you were a returning guest and still found our hotel completely faultless.

Thank you so much for pointing out how ideal our location is for the majority of London top tourist attractions. It’s also great to read the positive comments about our breakfast service and of course the level of customer service from the staff here.

Please let us know when you are planning to return, we can’t wait to welcome you back.

I will be passing on this great review to the whole team and on their behalf accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to give us such amazing feedback.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hotel staff recognized me promptly and offered an easy quick check in. Good basic rooms and modern decor, although noticed a tobacco aroma in some areas Would recommend the hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear James C,

Thank you very much for your comments, it’s pleasing to read about your speedy check in and that you found our rooms modern.

We do have an allocated smoking floor so possibly you passed through that area during your stay but we always try and keep the hotel smelling fresh and clean.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed for two nights over the weekend with a group. Our twin bedded room was compact but very clean. Corridors did have a smell of tobacco smoke as some other reviews had shown. Beds very comfortable. Breakfast was fine but there was no bacon on offer only sausages, which was a bit odd. Staff were very friendly and helpful.Good location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HotelServiceTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Jennifer 44_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and were comfortable and benefited from our central location.

Keeping in line with brand standards we are not able to offer a full English breakfast but we do serve three hot items and selection of continental items alongside hot drinks and juices.

I am extremely pleased that you found the staff friendly and helpful, we always strive to give the best service to our guests and to be recognized is always nice.

I hope that we can welcome you back to hotel on your next visit to London.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Very small rooms but has to be one of the comfiest hotel beds I have ever slept in. Room and ensuite very small but only stayed one night. Wouldn't like to stay much longer just due to the size of the room. The breakfast room was in the basement and not very inviting. Not much in the way of selection either and very very basic. Hotel was very clean and the reception staff were very welcoming and helpful both in the evening when we arrived around 11pm and also in the morning and giving us excellent directions to our meeting venue.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sandymac64

Dear Sandymac,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness levels and the staff being friendly and helpful, rest assured I will pass on these comments to the team.

I was sorry to read that you were not totally satisfied with the room size and the breakfast, both are in line with the brand standard we can also always allocate a different room if you are not satisfied on arrival.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and hopefully we can accommodate you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express London Victoria.

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed here on business in January this year and was a little sceptical due the reviews. I have to say, I don't know if I was lucky but my room was huge!! Breakfast was basic but absolutely fine. I would suggest booking before hand though as I clocked the tariff in the reception and it was near to £300 per room, per night - hotel was adequate enough but I wouldn't have paid that amount of money for it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hellie000,

Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback and choosing our hotel even though you mentioned being skeptical.

I am glad you were satisfied with the room size and the breakfast we serve. At the hotel we are always willing to take any guests requests in advance, whether it is dietary or room preferences we want to make our guests comfortable.

The price we have displayed in the reception is the highest possible rate we could charge and not a representation of the daily rate, let me assure you that this is only for very special events and only applied once or twice a year. Our best rates can be booked via the website in advance.

Best regards