“Great weekend trip away!”

Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria
Ranked #612 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great weekend trip away!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Me and a friend stayed here in february for a long weekend, the staff were extremely helpful and the room we had was on the top floor and spacious. Breakfast was more than fine, there wasnt bacon but there was a good enough selection to start the day off nicely! Overall what made our stay more enjoyable was that we were treated so nicely by the reception staff. The bar is a little small but its reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel to others i had no issues during my stay!

Room Tip: For a quiter room request the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Adge D
HotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Adge D,

We are truly grateful to receive such a lovely review for your recent stay. We will pass your comments on to the team, who will be delighted to read that you found the staff helpful and made your stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in the near future!

All the best,

Ehab Ezeldin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed in the hotel with two of my friends in February we stayed for 3 nights the room was very spacious and very clean. The reception staff werevery professional helpful and friendly they told us about some really nice resturants nearby, nothing was too much trouble,

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank slim57_13
HotelServiceTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Slim57_13,

Thank you so much for your high scoring of our hotel and extremely kind words.
It was a joy to read that you found the room size spacious and the cleanliness up to your standards.

You comments regarding the staff members will be passed on. As always, we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable about the area so I am glad you found our suggestions useful.

Our aim is to provide a hassle free stay for all our guests, it seems you had just that, so I hope we will be seeing you again very soon!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on business in early March 2013. Front desk staff were more than accommodating with me, however I had to assist a less baked couple in with their wheelchair and through doors in plain view of the staff! They did not assist at all! My room was clean and very tidy. It had no windows however which I found unsettling and was located on the Lower Ground floor directly below reception. I did not get to sleep until after midnight as I could hear the front desk staff talking and walking around in their heels. Bathroom was tiny- I'm a UK size 10 and found it bery cramped so if you are a larger person, i genuinely dont know how youd manage! Breakfast was ok. All very basic, self service with choice of breads, cereals and limited fruit. There were sausages, eggs and beans available also. Would I stay here again? Yes- but only for a different room and not for more than one night!

• Stayed March 2013
HotelServiceTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Nicola D,

Firstly let me begin with thanking you for sharing your experience with us and also choosing our hotel. I am glad to read you would stay again, even though you have pointed out a few things you didn’t find to your satisfaction.

We do have various room types including family rooms, which are bigger in size. In the future I would suggest booking one of these rooms. As these represent excellent value for money sales go fast, so do book early if possible to avoid any disappointment.

I am glad you found the front desk staff accommodating and were satisfied with breakfast. As always I will share these comments with the team. However in regard to your comments about another guest staying with us at the time, it seems you did not know the full facts and there was some misunderstanding. We had offered assistance to them during their stay. The lady politely declined saying her husband needed a little bit of exercise every now and then and she prefers him to walk for short periods of time inside the hotel. In fact we have received their feedback this Sunday and they have given full score on every aspect – and I am certainly not making this up. I am happy to email you if you want to see this for yourself.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.

Best Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My partner and I enjoyed an overnight stay on 4th March 2013, the room was warm and comfortable, very quiet and we had a restful night. The staff were absolutely brilliant, in particular, the staff on reception whose professionalism shone through and made a huge difference to our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear LornaC,

Thank you so much for your support and taking the time to give our staff some great feedback indeed, this kind of review gives us all a boost and helps keep us motivated.

It’s good to read that your stay with us was comfortable and restful, guest comfort is essential and it’s something we don’t take lightly.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed for two nights Friday - Sunday with a group. Twin bedded room was very clean and comfortable and quite spacious and had a lovely bathroom with a great shower. Great lighting in room as normally lighting is very poor in most hotel rooms. Staff very friendly and polite.
Small bar area - not much room for a large group to sit and enjoy a drink.
Breakfast quite adequate - pity there was not a bit of bacon on offer,
Would recommend this hotel for a short break if you are in the area.

Room Tip: We had a lower ground floor room which was extremely quiet and we did not hear any noise from the st...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
HotelServiceTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Victoria, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Brindlecottage,

It was a pleasure to have your group stay with us at the hotel, I am pleased we met your needs and it’s always good to read you found the room very clean and comfortable.

Your feedback about the breakfast has been noted, at this time we can’t offer full English but we do offer three hot items for the moment.

As always I will pass on the comments to the staff and I thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon to the hotel.

Best regards

lincoln
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed an overnight stay on Sunday 03 March. I had visited the hotel previously in December with my friend, and the hotel met all our needs. Our room (on the fourth floor overlooking the street - as requested) was clean, bright and warm. There was no excessive noise. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room and the bathroom was very clean with good hot water.

The situation of the hotel (15 minute walk from Victoria Coach Station) is ideal. There is a nice pub just further down the street on the opposite side. The number 24 bus, which runs every few minutes twenty fours hours a day, takes you to Westminster Cathedral (for a short walk to Buckingham Palace), Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square (for Chinatown), Charing Cross Road/Oxford Street and to Camden Town.

All the staff were very accommodating, friendly and professional. They allowed us to leave our overnight bags in the luggage room for collection later in the afternoon (it costs £3.50 per bag at the coach station).

The breakfast was totally satisfactory. It used to be that Holiday Inn Express only supplied cold food as part of their free breakfast, but they now provide scrambled eggs, sausage and baked beans. As well as toast, there were nice fresh brown and white rolls, croissants, pastries, cereals, jams and spreads, tinned fruit, fruit juice, cheese, fresh fruit. Various coffees, teas and other hot beverages were available. A TV in the corner was relaying the news.

We could not fault the hotel for an overnight stay and will certainly be staying there again on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brendac57
Dear Brenda57,

WOW!! Where do I start….I am so happy to read that we seemed to have ticked all your boxes. It’s great to know that you were a returning guest and still found our hotel completely faultless.

Thank you so much for pointing out how ideal our location is for the majority of London top tourist attractions. It’s also great to read the positive comments about our breakfast service and of course the level of customer service from the staff here.

Please let us know when you are planning to return, we can’t wait to welcome you back.

I will be passing on this great review to the whole team and on their behalf accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to give us such amazing feedback.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hotel staff recognized me promptly and offered an easy quick check in. Good basic rooms and modern decor, although noticed a tobacco aroma in some areas Would recommend the hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear James C,

Thank you very much for your comments, it’s pleasing to read about your speedy check in and that you found our rooms modern.

We do have an allocated smoking floor so possibly you passed through that area during your stay but we always try and keep the hotel smelling fresh and clean.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.