Holiday Inn Express London City
US$153
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$269
US$201
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
1,405 results
All reviewsold street tube stationhoxton squarebeansnorthern lineshoreditch areahi expresslondon cityfree breakfastgood sizewhat it says on the tinbrick lanedecent breakfastyogurtconvenient locationbars and restaurantsfamily roomnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On the surface, this is a clean, basic hotel. The room I was in had recently been refurbished, so the bathroom was updated and clean and modern. Unfortunately, they provide an all-in-one gel solution that serves as both shampoo, body wash, and hand wash, which is sub-par. The rooms are relatively small, as are the beds, but otherwise no major issues. I did not notice any odors in the room, but did notice the problem with the A/C system. They provided ear plugs on the nightstand, but it's still an annoyance. They need a new payment system, as buying anything, from Internet service to bottled water required an extensive interaction with the front desk while they ring up the purchase on two different systems, all to give you a receipt to sign. They provide a phone with a direct connection to a taxi service, but the taxi service does not take credit cards, which can be inconvenient. Overall, this isn't a bad hotel, but they miss badly on the details that could make it a better experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
City_General_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review on the hotel. You are right the hotel has been refurbished and I am glad you liked the bathroom.
We will take note of your other comments and we will also speak to the taxi service with regards to credit cards.
Thank you again for your feedback - it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Poor customer service, I don't expect 5 star service from a budget hotel. But I do expect a reasonable standard, this place was cringingly bad.

Poor welcome, terrible service at the bar. The worst management skills I've ever witnessed.

The room stinks like a stale ash tray, not very well maintained, signs of damp and rotting woodwork. Lift constantly getting stuck etc.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Chris,

Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not have a great stay and was surprised with some of your comments. Please can you email my Guest Services Manager on gsmcity@holidayinnlondon.com with further details so that we can look into this in more detail for you?

Many thanks

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Error with booking on their part resulted in having to pay extra. Manager's attitude was terrible, completely disinterested and offered no apology. Uncomfortable beds, particularly the sofa bed coupled with the noisy location meant little sleep, and to tops it off the breakfast selection was poor with some very unfriendly staff who pretty much barged us out the way.

Chosen for location but would have travelled further for a more welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and your thoughts on your hotel stay. All our websites clearly state the charges for our bedrooms, and for the extra person charge, if you have 3 Adults in the room, but I am sorry if you felt my duty managers attitude was not the best.
Our breakfast selection is the same as all Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the UK and is a brand standard, again my apologies for the breakfast staff. I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

On the face of it this is a nice hotel: friendly staff, parking, rooms are very well maintained but there's a big problem.... the A/C system is very noisy and come's on by itself during the night. The hotel leaves ear plugs by the bed!
The mattress in my room was too soft and I was unable to get a good nights sleeps....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
City_General_Manager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear ldeayton,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. We are very pleased to hear about the rooms and friendly staff. On the other hand we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the soft mattress and A/C unit. Let me assure you that management is looking into the AC issue and we are working on it to get it resolved as soon as possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for one night during my business trip to London. The reception staff were frinedly and my check-in was very quick however I learned that despite my IHG Rewards card there was no upgrade possibility in this hotel. My standard room on the 2nd floor was small as usual for UK's standards and was facing the backstreet but was silent and comfortable. The amenities in the room were however very simple and there was no minibar.
The breakfast was included in the room rate, it was a simple UK type breakfast but the food served was of good quality, so was the coffee.
Checkout is at noon time but if you have a late departure to the airport there is a secure luggage room where you can leave your belongings.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business