1,169 results
All reviews southwark tube station borough market south bank tate modern beans hi express millennium bridge globe theatre jubilee line london eye walking distance free breakfast the sofa bed minute walk st paul's cathedral yogurt clean hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Took 90 minutes and 4 different rooms to check in to this hotel. It was a total disaster. Manager was inept and turned me off Holiday Inn entirely.

There was a reno going on - and no where for us to park the car to drop our luggage during check in. We parked on the street and 90 minutes later $200 parking ticket after put into 4 rooms.

Room 1 - was not made up (5pm at night). Fail 1
Room 2 - smelled like someone urinated everywhere. Solution was to spray smell spray - - so strong our eyes watered. Fail 2
Room 3 - got 5 feet from desk and called back. Fail 3 - didn't count this above as didn't get to the room.
Room 4 - was going into the room - - maybe 2-3 feet from the door and guest came out of the room. Fail 4.
Room 5 - was acceptable.

Manager tried to give me drink while this was going on but it was almost a comedy on how poorly this was handled. How about my parking ticket. 5x of failing the customer at my workplace and.....i would be looking for a new job.

I wrote the complaint to IHG afterwards - same manager told me basically was my fault. Fail 6.

Don't stay at Holiday Inn. Around the corner is a Hilton. During the renovations this hotel had no parking. Being from out of town we asked where we could park a car and they told us a block and a half away. Couldn't find it right away and directions given were poor. I went to the Hilton and asked if they knew where parkade was. Concierge walked beside the car and guided me there. I wasn't even a guest.

This property is extremely poorly run and I feel bad for the front line staff. They were embarassed by the manager as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologise that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

GSA
Please feel free to contact me at Stay@hiexsouthwark.co.uk so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express, Southwark as it was only half a mile to the ITV studios where we were visiting. Presently, the hotel is having a make over so initially finding the entrance can be difficult but once located very straight forward.
We booked the room with Booking.com and went with the view that we were either going to be able to choose a double or twin for our stay. The receptionist a very friendly gent by the name of William (as was his colleague Alberto) explained that there were no twin rooms available and that my daughter and I would have to share a double. It wasn't the end of the world and he did suggest we might get what we wanted if we had booked directly.
We were assigned one of the recently refurbished rooms and it was an excellent standard. Everything was new and shiny, the bathroom was beautiful and the room a good size and airy with a large window over looking the street below.
The bed was amazingly comfortable and we both slept soundly, the shower in the morning was heavenly and the cost included breakfast which was of a good quality and had a variety of choices including takeaway breakfast if your were in a rush.
It would have been great if the hotel had had a restaurant, Southbank is full of eating places but after a long journey I would have liked to relax in the hotel (we ended up at the family restaurant at the Tate Modern - warning - credit cards at the ready!!).
We had a great stay, would heartily recommend. Staff were excellent and very friendly and tried to accommodate every need. If we return to this part of London for an early morning start we will definitely return here, not cheap, but a very good standard.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Francesco M, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Was looking forward to a nice evening with a friend so booked a standard room with a request for twin beds. On arrival told they have only doubles which wouldn't suit me and my friend. I proceeded to ask if we could get a waiver on the cancellation policy and was advised to call hotels.com who we booked through, to which the hotel denied the request for a refund. Why even offer twin beds if they aren't available? If the option is a double or 2 doubles why not just offer a double so people don't get annoyed at the fact of being forced to sleep in the same bed and if they end up in a room with 2 then so be it. Also I know policy is policy but on occasion it can be waived if a genuine cause ... which I have done myself on numerous occasions in a similar industry. I think you should look at your offerings as this survey can't be the first time this has happened

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

GSA

Please feel free to contact me at Stay@Hiexsouthwark.co.uk so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is Ina good location with plenty of eateries nearby. Currently going through a large refurb so it felt a little chaotic and unorganised. The bedrooms are clean and mine was reasonably sized. Ok for one night but not so sure about a longer stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the construction. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

In my view a hotel should do the basics right - a decent bedroom and bathroom. This one does achieve this and the refurbished room was in all honesty excellent but in the morning there was no hot water for a shower. Reception helpfully said maybe everyone else is having a shower - not an excuse for a hotel! Also one of the lifts was out of order, the main entrance was shut, there was scafhold over the frontage and the way in was down a dark alley. Pity as there are some great elements to this hotel - when it's finished, fixed and working properly it would be a good place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Francesco M, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.