1,169 results
All reviews southwark tube station borough market south bank tate modern beans hi express millennium bridge globe theatre jubilee line london eye walking distance free breakfast the sofa bed minute walk st paul's cathedral yogurt clean hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed 2 nights, very comfortable - good shower, bed and room. Staff very welcoming on arrival. Breakfast average but it is what it is a more budget hotel . Very handy for Tate Modern and the river. A bit noisy if you have the window open - but fine if shut..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Francesco M, Guest service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment about our location and our staff.
We hope to see you again.
Have a nice day.

Please feel free to contact me at Stay@hiexsouthwark.co.uk so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Perfectly fine place to stay while in London. All I'm looking for is a safe, clean, quiet place to sleep at the end of the day and Holiday Inn Express Southwark hit those marks. Great neighborhood - not too busy, not too quiet but easy on and off from several tube stations. Very close to Shakespeare's Globe, Tate Bankside and right across the river from St. Paul's. Several fine pubs nearby too. The staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. Surprise extra was the free and rather expansive breakfast! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Francesco M, Guest Service Assist at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Please feel free to contact me at Stay@hiexsouthwark.co.uk ,so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and whilst the hotel has some external work going on, it took me over an hour to check in. The reason being there was no electricity whilst they were looking to switch over to a generator. Waiting in little light they had whilst this changeover was being made, the staff were for their part very helpful and doing their best, you could see that they have had issues all day with the electricity and they look like they had had a hard time!
Generally room was fine, bed comfortable and the breakfast was limited but ok.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank H R
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I barely write a review unless it is very good or bad experience.

After few years living in Australia and forgetting how generous should a hotel be !!! , I stayed four nights with my family in Holliday inn express Southwark London .

Hotel is small and a bit old but beside perfect location what made us very happy and surprised, was the staff kind and friendly behaviour also the general generous culture of hotel.

Our checked in was 14:00 we arrived at 8:00 am,
They apologised for not having the room ready but instead they advise us to have a rest at Reaturant and having breakfast from open buffet.
In booking we had breakfast for 2 but staff advised us that all 3 are entitled ,
You never can find These type of offers in Australia.
Breakfast was not like a 5 star hotel but was complete in terms of variety .
Other generous one was that they have paper bag and take away cups for who wants to grab some and get out.
And to complete my review, in last night when they delayed about 10 minutes to bring me new shampoo , they apologised again and gave me 2 drink vouchers.

What I am pleased for, is not food or drink. It is the way they respect their guests which is way more important to me than a luxurious room .

Thanks to all staff and manager of holiday inn express Southwark London .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shahin71
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Took 90 minutes and 4 different rooms to check in to this hotel. It was a total disaster. Manager was inept and turned me off Holiday Inn entirely.

There was a reno going on - and no where for us to park the car to drop our luggage during check in. We parked on the street and 90 minutes later $200 parking ticket after put into 4 rooms.

Room 1 - was not made up (5pm at night). Fail 1
Room 2 - smelled like someone urinated everywhere. Solution was to spray smell spray - - so strong our eyes watered. Fail 2
Room 3 - got 5 feet from desk and called back. Fail 3 - didn't count this above as didn't get to the room.
Room 4 - was going into the room - - maybe 2-3 feet from the door and guest came out of the room. Fail 4.
Room 5 - was acceptable.

Manager tried to give me drink while this was going on but it was almost a comedy on how poorly this was handled. How about my parking ticket. 5x of failing the customer at my workplace and.....i would be looking for a new job.

I wrote the complaint to IHG afterwards - same manager told me basically was my fault. Fail 6.

Don't stay at Holiday Inn. Around the corner is a Hilton. During the renovations this hotel had no parking. Being from out of town we asked where we could park a car and they told us a block and a half away. Couldn't find it right away and directions given were poor. I went to the Hilton and asked if they knew where parkade was. Concierge walked beside the car and guided me there. I wasn't even a guest.

This property is extremely poorly run and I feel bad for the front line staff. They were embarassed by the manager as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologise that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.