1,171 results
All reviews southwark tube station borough market south bank tate modern beans hi express millennium bridge globe theatre jubilee line london eye walking distance free breakfast the sofa bed minute walk st paul's cathedral yogurt clean hotel
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We stayed last month for one night - we didn't pay much, but have payed less in other central London hotels and had better service and standard of cleanliness.
The staff on reception seemed in a daze and were not particularly welcoming.
The toilets near to reception were in a disgusting state - all I can say is that someone had left a little present on the floor in one of the cubicles.
The room cleanliness was OK - although I suspect the room was not vacuumed after the last guests had departed - also possessions from the previous guest left in the room.
The breakfast is included in the rate - I don't expect much but they had run out of most things and it was far to crowded to sit and relax.
I would not stay in this hotel again - but I still like the HI express chain as the others ones I have stayed in have always met or exceeded expectations.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Francesco M, Guest service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologise that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Holiday inn Express London Southwark

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Very clean and tidy ,we stayed on ground floor family room could hardly hear traffic on a very busy street outside .Buffet breakfast was very good ,staff were excellent very friendly and helpful
Will definitely be back again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Please feel free to contact me at Stay@hiexsouthwark.co.uk so I can provide additional assistance.

Holiday inn express London Southwark

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Great location, comfortable beds, fantastic staff and delicious breakfast.
Very friendly staff who were always ready to help, from finding extra tea bags at 11:30pm to providing directions and giving assistance to an elderly lady during breakfast and all with smiles.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Holiday inn Express London Southwark

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The hotel’s location is absolutely fabulous for the South Bank. Steps from the Tate Modern and a few minutes walk to Shakespeare’s Globe Theater. Blackfriars Tube Station is across Blackfriars Bridge; about a fifteen minute stroll.

The staff on reception were very welcoming and informative. The staff who worked breakfast were very pleasant.

Our room was in the back of the hotel so was therefore very quiet. We heard no outside noise whatsoever. The hotel is undergoing an external refurbishment, but there was no noise from this either.

My only tip is to go downstairs for breakfast toward the end of service, as there is definitely not enough seating available at busy times and the food area was manic. Despite this minor detail, we would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave W
Francesco M, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time spent to write that wonderful review.

We would like to be thankful to you for such a nice comment about our location, Staff and Breakfast team.

We looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards
Holiday Inn Express London Southwark

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Southwark. The staff goes the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. They gave us a free sim card to load and printed our attraction vouchers. The free breakfast buffet was a nice touch. It would have been nice to have free bottles of water when you get back to your room after a long day if sight seeing. The location is close to the tube, 5 min walk. Other than The Bouroghs Market and London Bridge, the other attractions are not walkable but a 15-20 min tube ride. The area is more of a business area than tourist area. We still enjoyed our time in London.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew B
Francesco M, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express London - Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Holiday Inn Express London Southwark