“I wish i hadn't left !!”

Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth
Ranked #235 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“I wish i hadn't left !!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I came to London on a business stay for 2 months. I spent initial 2 weeks in Holiday Inn, wandsworth town. The experience was amazing !
The staff welcomes you as if you are one of their family members. The rooms are beautiful and stuffed with the required facilities. The WiFi is unbeatable. The free breakfast menu is a gala variety to choose from. All the services are very spontaneous. I would preferably like to recommend their members of staff (Peter, Annie Marie & Hazel) who go extra-mile to delight their customers. The overall experience is a memory to keep. I wish i hadn't left. Good job Holiday Inn. Cheers !!

Deepak & Elvis

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I stayed on the 3rd floor so can't suggest anything better than that :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
James D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear mdeepak2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 weeks and I will ensure that Peter, Anne-Marie, Hazel and the rest of the team get to read your review. It's great that you were made to feel welcome and that you felt part of the family here.

Breakfast is brilliant for setting you up for a busy day in London and because it's included in the price you can have as little or as much as you like. Wi-Fi is also included in all room rates so you can stay connected with your work or loved ones. I hope that you will visit us next time you're in London on business.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had another wedding, this time at The Thames Rowing Club at Putney Embankment. The reccomended Hotel suggested by our hosts was the Hoilday Inn Express at Wansworth.
We were delighted at then Hotel as it proved much better than i had envisaged, For some reason I had the Holiday Inn Express's in my mind as a basic place to stay in. I was proved very wrong.
All the staff were excellent from the reception to the Breakfast Lounge, they couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms were excellent value, very clean and comfortable. The choices of hard or soft pillows was a nice touch.
The breakfast included in the cost, was adequate, and enough to start the day.
All in all a very impressive Hotel for the cost.
Would definitely stay at another Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear howieR,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel. Glad that you had a great weekend with us while attending the wedding. We take pride in looking after everyone that stays with us, and I'm pleased to read that you found our rooms comfortable. I will share your comments with the team regarding the service you received, especially with the breakfast team - thanks for such positive feedback.

Many thanks,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived late and were asked by staff if we wanted two single beds or a double. I thought this was strange as we were clearly a couple and had already pre-booked. When I said that we wanted a double, I got a strange look from one of the male receptionists. The other male must have picked up on it and tried to cover up for the other males indiscretion, but made it worse when he explained that when you get a cheaper deal, you don't always get a choice. He then told us that breakfast was 6.30 until 10.30 and because we arrived late, we went into breakfast at 9.40 and it had finished at 9.30am. It wasn't a good start for our stay there, but we found the hotel to be very modern and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast the other days were there and the staff looking after the breakfasts were very friendly and made you feel very welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer S
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. I'm pleased to read that you found our hotel modern and clean, and the breakfast staff warm and welcoming. Sorry that your initial impression of the hotel may have been a little marred but glad that we got it right in the end. I will share your comments with the team and hope that you enjoyed your time in London.

James
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed with my wife and my young girl for a week vacation in London. Because folding sofa was opened the room was cramped and narrow. Double mattress was too soft and springy. Once my wife moved to one side, I jumped. Also I encountered bad service: The first night we noticed the folding couch unbalanced because its legs were broken. I complained to reception and they said there was no evening service. They replace it only at next day while my young girl has to sleep unsafely. Breakfast is simple and unvaried. The hotel is located far from central London. Although the train station is closed the frequency during the day is 10-15 minutes and the transit to the tube at Waterloo requires long walk is long and uncomfortable. To sum up my stay at this hotel was disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a quite room opposite the parking lot ' the other side to main road is noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Zeev D
Dear ZeevD,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I'm sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay on this occasion. I will share your comments with the team. We always try and offer outstanding customer service and I'm sorry that your first night was disrupted due to the issue with the sofabed. Should you wish to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me on sgsm@hiexpresslondonwandsworth.co.uk.

Bournemouth
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Extremely well run budget type hotel. Friendliest and most helpful staff I have come across in this category.
Only let down is the cooked breakfast, which consisted of an inedible sausage, tasteless scrambled egg and baked beans. There was a fair choice of other items though.
This is a fairly new hotel and everything is immaculate.
Very convenient parking outside for this part of London and only £10 per day
Reason for Visit:Wedding

Room Tip: floor 3, seems fine, quiet, windows that open, ac and wifi all worked perfectly
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Glyn B
mjlmcg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Glyn B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth.

I am over the moon to read your comments with regards to our team - we enjoy the job we do and are thankful for your feedback.

Thanks for your comments around our Express Start breakfast, we adhere to the high standards set out by Holiday Inn Express but do take your comments on board.

Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best,

Michael.
dc
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is very convenient to Wandsworth town station. Please note if you have a lot of luggage this train station has no lifts. L We would not be able to leave from this station to go home because we had too much luggage to take up the steps, it would have been too heavy; so, we had to take a taxi to the junction train station, it has a lift. The taxi said 8 pounds, we was charged 14 pounds for a short ride, that was kind of annoying. The best deal is to get the family pass while in Wandsworth, it is about 8.45 pounds per person, but you can ride buses, trains, subway. We bought this ticket everyday and saw tons of highlights. The breakfast was very, very good. They have an attendant her name is Hazel, she made the breakfast area very special, she is a very warm and caring person, she greets everyone for breakfast. The service was great at the hotel, we would come in at night and usually order french fries and relax awhile. The beds are very hard, if you have to use the other bed the metal comes through to your back. Such a nice hotel they should have a nicer second bed offer than the pull out couch. We never received wash towels the service person said she didn't have any on her cart, so we had to use large towels in the shower. I would stay here again, a great place to stay to see London, and close, for people to walk to the train station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alleyca21t
James D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Alleyca21t,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our team during your stay at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth.

As you mention the hotel is well located for public transport links into Central London with a station just a minute’s walk, and a direct bus to Victoria outside the hotel. Great tip on buying a travelcard which means you can get unlimited travel on trains, tubes, buses, and DLR in the London area, perfect for exploring during your break.

I will share with the team your wonderful comments regarding service, and in particular Hazel’s warm welcome at breakfast. We take great pride in offering outstanding customer service and share all feedback.

We look forward to having you stay with us next time you’re in London.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My experience at this hotel was that it had terrible beds. More like bathtubs. It also did not have a fridge in the room or a safe. Except for the above it was otherwise comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was good only about 200m from the train and bus. It was also overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear ianbbk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review your stay at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. I’m sorry to read that you found our beds uncomfortable. We have recently undergone a refurbishment and all beds are brand new, which many guests have commented on how much better they are. I will share your comments with the team about the excellent customer service you received, it’s greatly appreciated to read such positive feedback.