“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth
Ranked #235 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been in this hotel, and me and my familly was very satisfied. Also, food was good, bed was extrely comfortable, room was kept clean every day. Hotel location is also excelent, River Themas is near, and you can go for romantic evening walking by the river.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarajevo B
James D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Sarajevo B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. Great recommendation on taking a stroll in the local area - the river is just a minutes walk and there are some great bars and cafes along there. I'm pleased that you found our rooms comfortable - a place to relax after a hectic day in the city. Your comments will be shared with our team. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and hope that you will consider us if you visit London again.

James Dale

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hello,

I had stayed in Holiday Inn, the one located at Wandsworth town for 2 weeks.

It was an awesome experience...i really enjoyed my stay there..Very convenient place... nice breakfast..

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was good only about 200m from the train and bus with Mc donalds nearby,,,,

Excellent place to relax..nice rooms...with proper cleanliness..

Also would like to mention about the 3 staff who were very helpful, polite and decent all the time ...keep it up people..good service...well done..!!!

Names :-

Peter
Anne-Marie
Hazel

Regards,
Elvis

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elvis F

Dear Elvis F,

Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. I will share with Peter, Hazel, Anne-Marie and the rest of the team your comments. It's great when we get such positive feedback as we love making sure that all our guests feel welcome and relaxed in the hotel.

I'm pleased to read that the location was ideal for you - the train is very handy for getting into Central London in just 15 minutes. I hope that if you stay with us again the future we make it another awesome experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel has a lot of positives. It is clean, stylish and the staff are very friendly. (Hazel at breakfast was charming). The rooms are well designed for couples, but they reach their limits for families. The biggest disappointment were the quality of the sofa bed. Nowhere near good enough, with thin wire filled mattresses, and a base which is nowhere near level. I defy anyone to get a good night sleep on these. I would encourage the managers to have a try! With the exception of this, it was a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank snetts456
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in July as a base to visit London. We are a family of 6 so had 2 rooms booked. They were ready for early check in on our arrival day-which was great as we could nap before heading to see some sights.

We found the beds very comfortable-one thing I have found in Europe is they do not have top sheets or face cloths. The duvet was very comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and found it very quiet.

The staff were helpful and friendly-especially Hazel in the breakfast buffet. There was adequate food to start your day but the hot choices were limited.

We found the location great with the Wandsworth Town station a 5 minute walk away and that could get you to Waterloo quickly where you could hop many tube lines.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fourdarlings1997

Dear fourdarlings2007,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. Great to read that we managed to check you in early, just what you need after a longhaul flight - we do always try and let guests check in early should we have rooms available. The hotel is a good base in London with train connections into Central London taking just 15 minutes. I will pass on your kind comments to Hazel and all of the team, we work hard to make sure all our guests are made to feel welcome and relaxed. Come and see us next time you vacation in London.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I came to London on a business stay for 2 months. I spent initial 2 weeks in Holiday Inn, wandsworth town. The experience was amazing !
The staff welcomes you as if you are one of their family members. The rooms are beautiful and stuffed with the required facilities. The WiFi is unbeatable. The free breakfast menu is a gala variety to choose from. All the services are very spontaneous. I would preferably like to recommend their members of staff (Peter, Annie Marie & Hazel) who go extra-mile to delight their customers. The overall experience is a memory to keep. I wish i hadn't left. Good job Holiday Inn. Cheers !!

Deepak & Elvis

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I stayed on the 3rd floor so can't suggest anything better than that :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear mdeepak2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express, London Wandsworth. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 weeks and I will ensure that Peter, Anne-Marie, Hazel and the rest of the team get to read your review. It's great that you were made to feel welcome and that you felt part of the family here.

Breakfast is brilliant for setting you up for a busy day in London and because it's included in the price you can have as little or as much as you like. Wi-Fi is also included in all room rates so you can stay connected with your work or loved ones. I hope that you will visit us next time you're in London on business.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had another wedding, this time at The Thames Rowing Club at Putney Embankment. The reccomended Hotel suggested by our hosts was the Hoilday Inn Express at Wansworth.
We were delighted at then Hotel as it proved much better than i had envisaged, For some reason I had the Holiday Inn Express's in my mind as a basic place to stay in. I was proved very wrong.
All the staff were excellent from the reception to the Breakfast Lounge, they couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms were excellent value, very clean and comfortable. The choices of hard or soft pillows was a nice touch.
The breakfast included in the cost, was adequate, and enough to start the day.
All in all a very impressive Hotel for the cost.
Would definitely stay at another Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear howieR,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel. Glad that you had a great weekend with us while attending the wedding. We take pride in looking after everyone that stays with us, and I'm pleased to read that you found our rooms comfortable. I will share your comments with the team regarding the service you received, especially with the breakfast team - thanks for such positive feedback.

Many thanks,

James Dale

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived late and were asked by staff if we wanted two single beds or a double. I thought this was strange as we were clearly a couple and had already pre-booked. When I said that we wanted a double, I got a strange look from one of the male receptionists. The other male must have picked up on it and tried to cover up for the other males indiscretion, but made it worse when he explained that when you get a cheaper deal, you don't always get a choice. He then told us that breakfast was 6.30 until 10.30 and because we arrived late, we went into breakfast at 9.40 and it had finished at 9.30am. It wasn't a good start for our stay there, but we found the hotel to be very modern and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast the other days were there and the staff looking after the breakfasts were very friendly and made you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. I'm pleased to read that you found our hotel modern and clean, and the breakfast staff warm and welcoming. Sorry that your initial impression of the hotel may have been a little marred but glad that we got it right in the end. I will share your comments with the team and hope that you enjoyed your time in London.