Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$203
1,018 results
All reviewscanning townjubilee linecanary wharfhi expressemirates airlineemirates air linelondon city airportminute walkexcel centredlr stationfree breakfastice machinesofa bedolympic parkbasic hotelper nightyogurt
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I paid £109 including breakfast. Considering the hotel is located acrioss the road from Canning town tube and DLR station, this hotel is only 20 minutes from the centre of London. Access to the O2 and the Excel centre is practically on the door step. Rooms were modern and clean. Breakfast is buffet style with enough choice and the quality for what you pay is there. Only down side was the French school trip who were up at 7 am slamming doors down the hall way! This is not I would point out a fault of the hotel more the guests themselves. If you need to stay in London then you won't find many better places for the price.

Room Tip: They are all similar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Neil M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express, London Royal Docks.
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be excellent value for money and liked our location. Please accept my apologies for the group of students that disturbed you by slamming doors early in the morning. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter and I have stayed here two years in a row to visit the O2 and I have not been disappointed at all. It is exceptionally clean, very friendly staff and a perfectly adequate breakfast. 5 minutes walk from the tube and the emmerates airline is 5 minutes walk if you want to arrive at the O2 in style. Fully recommend and would stay again. The price was a teeny bit steep considering you can get cheaper 4 stars but location makes up for that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear greenteaaddict,

I am so pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent for your visit to the O2 with your daughter. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business as it was only one DLR stop from where I was working. It is about 5 minutes walk from Canning Town station, which is also handy if you want to take the Jubilee line to Stratford. Check in was OK, and the rooms are what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
If you don't want to travel, there are not many facilities near the hotel. There is an Italian restaurant which is OK (ish) but fairly expensive, and a really weird eastern european shop that sells stuff that looks familiar but is strangely different, with 2 very rude ladies on the checkout who talk to each other and laugh while serving customers. I felt like I was in a Harry Enfield sketch. There is also a Thai restaurant in walking distance, otherwise it is tube or bus.
The hotel is next to a road, so expect some background noise - once again, the earplugs were a god send.
Breakfast is OK - I only ever have cereal.
All in all a decent business stay and I would probably go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Agammemnon,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for your business trip. I am sorry that you found the hotel to be a bit isolated. There are many options to dine out within walking distance of the hotel, the reception team are on hand 24 hours to assist with any queries you have. I was very disappointed to hear that you found the team rude during check out. If you would like to send me details of your stay to tracie.barrie@redefinebdl.com I will be able to investigate this further. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for a concert at the O2,very convienient for said venue. And I can honestly say we received the best customer service ever....Dale who works in Guest services is so helpful and nothing was too much trouble!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Kedwards4,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location good for your concert at the O2. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were attending an event at the O2 and so we needed to stay locally as we live by the coast.
The sat nav took us to the address and we entered the secured car park and made our way to the reception.
The reception was manned by a flamboyant but friendly and efficient member of staff who quickly checked us in and made us welcome.
The third floor room was adequate in size and clean,although the mattress was a bit springy for our tastes and was approaching it's sell by date I think.
The receptionist called shortly after we arrived in the room to check all was OK and later helped us with a taxi to the venue as well as serving us drinks before we departed.
The breakfast was adequate although the scrambled egg was not to our taste but everything else was fine.
All in all I would say that the hotel is fine for a short stay and the staff we met were in the main very good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear silverthorn53,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express, London Royal Docks.
I am pleased to hear that the hotel was just right for your purpose and you found the reception team welcoming during your stay. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.