“Excellent hotel in a great location”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #363 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just stayed at this hotel as it was located close to family that were visiting friends. First impressions were good. Walked from the Bayswater tube station with my case (only staying one night) and was slightly out of breath due to rushing and was offered water to help me cool down, which I thought was a nice touch.

The reception were great. Very quick checking in and very polite. Immediately asked me if would like to borrow an iron which I needed and this was arranged and brought me to my room within five minutes.

The room was very well maintained. The decor was lovely and had a luxury feel to it. The bathroom was very clean (even the tile grouting was spotless). The shower had both a power shower option and a rainforest shower option. There was no view as I was in a back room but it didn't bother me as I was only staying one night and I didn't go to look out of the window.

One downside - the rooms are very compact. I couldn't use the safe in the room as I couldn't open the wardrobe doors fully because of the bed so couldn't get to it fully. I wasn't bothered about the size of this room that much due to my length of stay and I was alone but the room I was given (105) had another bed down a few steps in the room implying it could accommodate four people, which I think they would be falling over themselves and would find it very uncomfortable. It would be better to remove one bed and have a separate living room area and just one bed and charge a bit more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to serve & look after you.

Please do forward us your future stay booking details so that a spacious room is allocated for your comfort.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

dm@londonpremiernottinghill.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stow-on-the-Wold
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I treated myself to a club room - I paid extra for this 'privilege'. In the past when I have stayed in hotels with club rooms, you have needed a card key to enter it and there are drinks and snacks available 24/7. Not the case with this hotel. When I asked where the club lounge was, I was guided to a room where there was just one sofa at the back of it, no key card entry so anyone could enter and no snacks or drink facilities?! (I'm really not sure what I paid the extra for!)

I have several medical conditions and booked the club room for two reasons... The club lounge (which was a huge disappointment!) and the fact the room had a fridge in so I could store some medication. My room had no fridge in. When I queried this with reception they said it had been removed. So I had paid extra (I think about £30) for a club room which I then didn't get.

The room itself was stuffy. It was compact (that's being polite!) and far too hot, Again because I was booked into a club room, my room was supposedly bigger than a standard room. If this is the case I dread to think how small a standard room is!

I brought all this up with the manager who apologised and said next time I visited London if I contacted them directly they would give me a discount as a goodwill gesture. I contacted the manager last week and explained I was back in London. He replied saying he was pleased to offer me a special discounted rate of £116. I felt this wasn't a very good deal as I'd paid around the same amount for my last stay. I had a look at regular prices... They were £117. So my 'special discount' was a whole £1! I emailed to say this wasn't enough of a discount. The manager replied saying he'd spoken to his manager and they wanted to offer me the room for £115!

Absolute joke!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you're a dwarf... I'm 5ft and felt claustrophobic!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings from London Premier Notting Hill.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We take our guest's feedback on a serious note and certainly will take corrective steps to improve any shortcomings.

Kindly do write to me on the below mentioned email address to discuss this further as I will try my best to assist you .

Thanking You
Warm Wishes
Aparna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked with Expedia, room confirmed and paid in advance. When we arrived we were told there were no rooms and we could have a refund (leaving us stranded) or they'd send us somewhere else of their choosing. No manager on duty. Reception staff unable to do anything at all. Could not answer how it was that we had a confirmed booking at one hotel and were being told that we had to go somewhere else (a cab ride away) to an unspecified hotel. When we finally managed to get the name of the new hotel from the staff, we were told by that hotel that they had no rooms. A complete shambles, left us potentially stranded. In the end we got an assurance from the new hotel that they would provide us with a room and got a cab to the new place. This has happened before (see 24HappyTraveller401 review), but is very stressful and really poor service. The new hotel (somewhere near Paddington) was ok but (obviously) somewhere else, with a tiny room with no accessible plugs in it. Seriously poor experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 2014London2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you due to the transfer situation. We try our best to honor all our guest's reservations however, in evitably inspite of our best efforts at times we fail to do so.

We can truly understand the discomfort you must have gone through and to discuss this further we request you to kindly write on the below mentioned email address. This will assist us to investigate the matter and respond to you accordingly with proper explanation.

Aparna
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and I would recommend it for the area, I got a discount so was worth the money. Very close to train and tube stations. Only 'negatives' would be that my room was quite small so only ideal for one person and it was a back room so no view, so would probably only be suitable for one night. And at first my TV didn't work but the members of staff were quick to help (I think his name was Sergio). Apart from that I would recommend it if travelling solo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your valuable feedback which will certainly assist us to meet & exceed our guest's expectation.

It was indeed a pleasure for us to welcome you. We are pleased to know that you really liked the location.

Please do contact us in advance about your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort.

dm@ondonpremiernottinghill.co.uk
Wigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Myself and my partner will be recommending this hotel to friends and family. The hotel was amazing and every member of staff were so helpful and nothing was to much trouble. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I would have to give this hotel a 5 star rating and will be staying again. Thank you for looking after us.

• Stayed March 2014
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful words expressed in this lovely feedback. It was a real pleasure to host you.

It delights us to read you had an excellent stay with us and were completely satisfied by our hospitality.

Please do contact us prior to your future stay as we will ensure you are comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you again.

& Warm Wishes
Aparna & The London Premier NottingHill Team
dm@ondonpremiernottinghill.co.uk
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

After a flight from Rome to I arrived at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park to be advised that I would be moved to another hotel in Bayswater. I was not very pleased but once I arrived at the London Premier at Notting Hill I settled in after being taken to a very pleasant room, lovely and clean. The staff were very helpful and courteous and I had not realised that I could walk to Kensington Palace. The Bayswater tube station was not far away and I travelled to all parts of the underground for site seeing and thearte bookings. The breakfast was also very good. Forget Hyde Park I will be booking into Notting Hill in future. They deserve to be supported. Thanks

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the service you received from all of us as a team.

We sincerely apologise for any discomfort caused to you due to the unfortunate transfer situation , however we are very pleased to know that you were finally settled in a nice room & enjoyed your stay with us. It is really pleasing to hear that you will choose to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

preston
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Ideally located in the heart of London. This hotel is definitely worth a visit. We got a great deal with 25% off and a free upgrade when we arrived. The staff were great and really helpful. The room was clean, had everything we needed and free wifi. Good size TV and a good shower. The rooms are small but if your in London you dont want to be hanging round in your room. There is plenty to do in the immediate area Hyde park, Bayswater, Notting hill. We will definitley return

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lancsholidyers
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your excellent comments which have been shared among our team & the staff here is delighted to know that you were satisfied with the overall service.

It gives us immense joy to read that you will be staying with us again. Please do forward us your future stay booking details so that we can allocate a spacious room for your comfort.

Looking forward to welcome you again.