“Good location friendly staff”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #349 of 1,063 Hotels in London
northeastlad
“Good location friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friend doing weekend in London. Get the negatives out of the way first. Rooms are very small. Shower had little water pressure. No biscuits with the tea/coffee. Okay thats the negatives. Positives, Place is dead easy to get too. about 6 mins from Bayswater tube and and extra couple of minutes to Queensway tube Loads of pubs restaurants take aways shops etc all on Queensway high street. Although small the rooms are very clean as is the shower area. The staff are very friendly and helpful and as we were not returning home from Kings Cross until 1900 hrs we left our 3 bags free of charge at the hotel and picked them up at the last minute without any fuss. Booked via Late Rooms about 5 weeks prior to stay. Paid £243 for 2 nights room only.Would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing few minutes out of your precious time to write this valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you.

Please do write to us prior to your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort. Your comments have been shared among the concerened department and we will ensure that these mentioned flaws are rectified . However, we are so pleased to read that you found the staff friendly & helpful in their approach.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

dm@londonpremiernottinghill.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Impossible to have a good night sleep. First I was surprised to get a room in a basement, perhaps this is usual in London. I was not looking for a good view, I was expecting a nice clean and quiet room. There is so much noise from the big ventilation machine near Room 803 it is like sleeping in a middle of a train station. I'm 55 I have been in many countries and a few times in UK, this is definitively my worst experience. For a 4-star hotel, it is not acceptable. It is clear that the owner of this hotel only care about making money. Really don't understand that they continue to rent room 803. I'm sure they got tons of complaints about that room.
HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED !!!
Right now it's 4 am instead of sleeping I write this review.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jack A
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us . Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you due to the noise from outside your room. We can truly imagine how annoying it must have been for you to endure an uncomfortable night .

Please feel free to write to me on the below mentioned email address to discuss this further. Your comments have been taken on board and will be forwarded to the concerned department.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

we stayed here the night after our wedding. I contacted the hotel to let them know that it was our honeymoon and Ujjawal Singh from their reservations department replied to my email to say he would upgrade our room. When we checked in the room must have been the smallest room they had. We are talking bed that's it. I phoned reception and explained that this room was unacceptable. So they moved us to a room on the ground floor that at least you could move a little. The window looked out onto a light well that housed the aircon unit and lots of ducting.... Nice. The shower was tiny and I found it hard to move my arms whilst showering. The worst thing however was trying to sleep with the noise of the extractor fans from other rooms. This hotel has alot of issues. The one thing I can say is the room was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable.
Won't be stating there again though....

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Matthew B
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you however we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us due to the noise from outside your room, plus the previous room you were in was a bit compact.

We are pleased to read that you found cleanliness up to standard.

I will really appreciate if you could give us another oppurtunity to restore your trust in the Shaftesbury Group as we will try our best to make it up for the errors on our part. Please do write to me prior to your future visit as I will ensure all goes smooth from the time you arrive to check in.

Guest comfort is our priority and having said this we all will ensure your future stay is a pleasant one.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at London Premier Notting Hill in April. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay. Fruit and wine were left in our room, which was a nice touch. We also had access to a small lounge on the ground floor. Our room was on the fourth floor of the hotel which gave us views over Princes Square. The room and bathroom was very small for two people, particularly when you both need to get ready and check out of the room quickly. We assumed the bed was a double but it was very small for two adults. For the price of the room we would have expected a bed of better quality. The hotel itself is very clean and we enjoyed the English breakfast, which was served in the basement dining room. Princes Square is a lively and heavily populated part of London. The hotel is close to the Bayswater tube and is within a good range of a number of London attractions.

2 Thank Jennifer269
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which has been shared among our team . It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you.

Due to Victorian architecture few of the rooms here tend to be compact , however we do have spacious rooms in a different category called the Club . Please do let me know your future visit plans as I will try my best to allocate one of our nicest room with comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you again and wish to make your future stay a pleasant one.

Norway
Reviewed 28 April 2014

When I arrived I was told the hotel was totally booked so I would be staying one night in a room in the basement but would then be moved. The room was just fine, unfortunately I have a brother who is a firefighter so when I saw that the window opened onto locked bars, and then an area full of paint and a sign that said "Danger of death", I was not happy. So, don't accept Room 804. I was moved the next day to an identical room on the 4th floor. Otherwise the hotel was a good value: clean, well maintained, nice staff, and close to Paddington Station, Bayswater Road tube stop and Hyde Park.

Room Tip: Do not accept Room 804.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you & make your stay a pleasant one.

We regret any inconvenience caused to you as we were unable to allocate a higher floor room in the first place. We are pleased to know that you were happy to be in the new room we moved you to. Thank you for your good comments on the staff service & cleanliness standard.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance in regards to your future stay.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed here 2 Sundays in a row due to having early appointments at Optical Express in Shepherds Bush. I felt it was easy to find in as much as it is far enough to leave the hustle & bustle noise behind from Bayswater road but close enough to the main road amenities. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful both times and we were directed to our room on both occasions (different rooms each time). There is staff visible on hand to assist with luggage should it be needed. The hotel overall is very clean and in a good state of repair. It has a luxurious feel with flat screen TV on the wall with either simple terestral TV chanels or pay per view style TV. There is a kettle, tea & coffee etc in the room. Wardrobes with an ironing board in it and a comfortable clean double bed. There is also fully controlable air conditioning available in the rooms. The first Monday morning after our nights stay, we checked out before breakfast was available and the following Monday we were able to take advantage of the continental buffey. The whole dining room really was quite nice, clean, tidy and a very varied arrangement of breakfast choice from Full English through to diverse continental + all the tea and coffee making facilities available.
I found this hotel through laterooms.com and got a nice deal through them. The second time we stayed I had joined the 'premier hotel club' this got me 10% off my stay and was therefore cheaper than the previous laterooms booking and this time breakfast was included in the price as well.
I have put restaurant as average due to only serving breakfast (to my knowledge) (sleep quality the same due to basement room at front hearing late night noisy guests arrive out of cab and entering hotel and some form of generator starting up at the back of the hotel in the 'wee hours' tolorable I found)
Will we stay here again if we return to London? Yes is the answer, would we recomend it to others? Yes again.

Room Tip: Front rooms in the basement rooms mean you hear late night arriving guests as they get out of the ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to look after you during your stay with us.

We thank you for your excellent comments on the overall service you received from all of us . It is really nice to know that you will be staying with us again and would also recommend us to others.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused due to the noise disturbance. Kindly contact me prior to your future stay and please forward me your booking details so that a quiet room is allocated for your comfort.

We look forward to serving you soon. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about 5 days. Location is perfect, right by Bayswater station which is one stop tube ride from Paddington and also near Queensway and Nothing Hill stations. Front desk staff are very nice and helpful with direction and information, room (small but most hotel in London are this way) is very clean and updated. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure serving you & we look forward to welcoming you again.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Warm Regards