“Compact, tastefully appointed room.”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #323 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for a theatre break, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a club room which was basically two connected bedrooms with one bathroom.

Room and bathroom were immaculately clean and very comfortable, everything worked as it should, we had a very good nights sleep. Hotel is situated on a quiet road.
Rooms may be considered a little small for a longer stay but for a night or two are perfect.
We did not have breakfast, but wouldn't foresee any problems.
Location is very handy for Portobello market which makes a nice visit before returning home.
Staff were polite, helpful and keen to see that everyone had what they wanted on their stay.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us. It was a pleasure serving you.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Kindly do write to me prior to your future visit as I will ensure you stay in a spacious room with comfort.

dm@londonpremiernottinghill.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was here for a week, travelling solo on a business trip. I really enjoyed my stay. Would stay here again -- the staff are very accommodating, friendly, and professional; my room was clean and bright; location is safe, with easy access and numerous bus/tube transit points; the wireless connection a thankful upgrade (in comparison to other LDN hotels); and TV flatscreen was nice. I had read in previous reviews that the rooms were small; however I didn't find this a deterrent or unpleasant -- have stayed in many other and even smaller rooms in LDN / European 4*s. My room had a window overlooking the trees in Prince's square, and perfect for spring to open up the window for fresh air. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on on the 4th floor, facing Prince's Square and in a corner. Would seem more desireable...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zaricot
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your excellent feedback which has been shared among our team and we all are very pleased to know you had a pleasant stay with us.

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Anytime you plan to stay with us in the near future then kindly forward your booking details so that we can arrange a nice room for your comfort.

Thanking you once again for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights 10th-12th May, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had called the hotel a couple of days beforehand to ask what kind of room had been allocated to me. However, it had not yet been determined and the lady on the phone kindly said that she would put in a special request for a view room, as I had asked.

When we arrived, I was a bit anxious as the reviews before hadn't seemed too great, but was pleasantly surprised. The location is perfect, really. We walked around the Bayswater/Notting Hill area and found it so peaceful and such a relaxing area of London.

The room itself was lovely, just what I would expect from a 4* hotel. It was extremely clean, had mattress protectors etc., the bathroom was spotless. The bed was huge, and very comfy. There were all your regular amenities, T.V., coffee/tea facilities, a safe... everything you needed. The view was great too!

We really did enjoy our stay, and wish we could have stayed longer. We had such a great time here.

The only thing I would say is, since the layout of this building is of a converted townhouse, the rooms may be slightly cramped for some people, and it may also be quite warm in the rooms because of this. We found that the A/C wasn't really that strong and sometimes with the heat from the bathroom after showering, it would be quite warm. This was fine after 20 minutes but I imagine it could be quite hot in the summer. You could just open a window though.

Other than that, I found the price of the hotel very competitive on Booking.com. Also, sign up to their Premier rewards thing- and book on their website if you can because you can get discounts and other goodies. I wish I saw that beforehand but nevertheless really enjoyed my stay and didn't think it was too pricey.

I will stay again, the staff were really nice! Great location, clean rooms, comfy bed, and not too expensive. What more could you need.

Room Tip: Call beforehand and ask what room they allocated for you!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rchlyng
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful feedback on one of this most famous traveler's website. It was indeed a great pleasure serving you . Your positive comments have given an immense joy to the entire team while they shared reading how impressed you were by the overall service you received from our end.

Guest comfort is our priority and having said this we will ensure your future stay is as pleasant as the recent one. Kindly forward us your future booking details so that all goes smooth from the time you arrive to check in and we will try our best to allocate a spacious room. Due to Victorian architecture few of the rooms tend to be compact however if we know in advance about your arrival then we can allocate a room of your choice & preference.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friend doing weekend in London. Get the negatives out of the way first. Rooms are very small. Shower had little water pressure. No biscuits with the tea/coffee. Okay thats the negatives. Positives, Place is dead easy to get too. about 6 mins from Bayswater tube and and extra couple of minutes to Queensway tube Loads of pubs restaurants take aways shops etc all on Queensway high street. Although small the rooms are very clean as is the shower area. The staff are very friendly and helpful and as we were not returning home from Kings Cross until 1900 hrs we left our 3 bags free of charge at the hotel and picked them up at the last minute without any fuss. Booked via Late Rooms about 5 weeks prior to stay. Paid £243 for 2 nights room only.Would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing few minutes out of your precious time to write this valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you.

Please do write to us prior to your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort. Your comments have been shared among the concerened department and we will ensure that these mentioned flaws are rectified . However, we are so pleased to read that you found the staff friendly & helpful in their approach.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Impossible to have a good night sleep. First I was surprised to get a room in a basement, perhaps this is usual in London. I was not looking for a good view, I was expecting a nice clean and quiet room. There is so much noise from the big ventilation machine near Room 803 it is like sleeping in a middle of a train station. I'm 55 I have been in many countries and a few times in UK, this is definitively my worst experience. For a 4-star hotel, it is not acceptable. It is clear that the owner of this hotel only care about making money. Really don't understand that they continue to rent room 803. I'm sure they got tons of complaints about that room.
HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED !!!
Right now it's 4 am instead of sleeping I write this review.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jack A
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us . Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you due to the noise from outside your room. We can truly imagine how annoying it must have been for you to endure an uncomfortable night .

Please feel free to write to me on the below mentioned email address to discuss this further. Your comments have been taken on board and will be forwarded to the concerned department.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we stayed here the night after our wedding. I contacted the hotel to let them know that it was our honeymoon and Ujjawal Singh from their reservations department replied to my email to say he would upgrade our room. When we checked in the room must have been the smallest room they had. We are talking bed that's it. I phoned reception and explained that this room was unacceptable. So they moved us to a room on the ground floor that at least you could move a little. The window looked out onto a light well that housed the aircon unit and lots of ducting.... Nice. The shower was tiny and I found it hard to move my arms whilst showering. The worst thing however was trying to sleep with the noise of the extractor fans from other rooms. This hotel has alot of issues. The one thing I can say is the room was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable.
Won't be stating there again though....

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Matthew B
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you however we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us due to the noise from outside your room, plus the previous room you were in was a bit compact.

We are pleased to read that you found cleanliness up to standard.

I will really appreciate if you could give us another oppurtunity to restore your trust in the Shaftesbury Group as we will try our best to make it up for the errors on our part. Please do write to me prior to your future visit as I will ensure all goes smooth from the time you arrive to check in.

Guest comfort is our priority and having said this we all will ensure your future stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at London Premier Notting Hill in April. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay. Fruit and wine were left in our room, which was a nice touch. We also had access to a small lounge on the ground floor. Our room was on the fourth floor of the hotel which gave us views over Princes Square. The room and bathroom was very small for two people, particularly when you both need to get ready and check out of the room quickly. We assumed the bed was a double but it was very small for two adults. For the price of the room we would have expected a bed of better quality. The hotel itself is very clean and we enjoyed the English breakfast, which was served in the basement dining room. Princes Square is a lively and heavily populated part of London. The hotel is close to the Bayswater tube and is within a good range of a number of London attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer269

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which has been shared among our team . It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you.

Due to Victorian architecture few of the rooms here tend to be compact , however we do have spacious rooms in a different category called the Club . Please do let me know your future visit plans as I will try my best to allocate one of our nicest room with comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you again and wish to make your future stay a pleasant one.