“Clean, Excellent Location, a Few Quirks”

The Premier Notting Hill
Ranked #357 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Miami, Florida
“Clean, Excellent Location, a Few Quirks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The location is close to the Bayswater and Queensway tubes, yet far enough away from any noise. The staff was excellent and I wish I gathered the lady's name who checked me in. (Manager: In conversation, she said she spent four years in New Jersey) The room was spotless, and the bed was comfortable.

I had a single, and they are small, so at times you have to get out of your own way. But that's what I'm used to and expected.

Just a few quirks that I hope the hotel improves upon if possible. First, the room was so hot! It was much hotter than the ambient temperature outside and the window got just the morning sun, so why so hot? I figured out that it was the lighting, halogen I believe. The hallways, peppered with these lights, were also very hot. Fortunately, there was an air conditioner. But that meant I was using the AC to fight the hot lights, and that seemed to be a waste of power on both ends.

The shower did not have a place to set your soap or shampoo, so they ended up on the floor. Then you had to pick them up in the booth sized shower. No complaint about the shower size - I expected that. The lack of a tray in the obviously newly remodeled bath was surprising.

The warbdrobe didn't have any shelves, other than where the safe was sitting, so there was no place to put your clothes. I just left my bag in the corner, not a big deal to me. Appreciate having a safe though! The wardrope door was made of glass. It's very easy to forget the close the safe before closing the wardrobe door (for example you are not leaving the room yet, but need to close the wardrobe so you can move around it) and the glass door is BEGGING to be craked by the metal safe door. More than once I scolded myself to be more careful!

The breakfast, at 12 quid prepaid or 15 at the door, is way overpriced. Lots of alternatives nearby.

I know I'm suggesting several items for improvement, but it was very nice and certainly will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated as this will enable us to enhance our service & standard level. It is great to know you were impressed with the staff service , however regret any inconvenience in regards to the facilities we provide as these were not up to your expectation.

Your comments are precious to us . When ever we refurbish this property these ponts will be considered. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance. We look forward to welcoming you again.

dm@londonpremiernottinghill.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business,the hotel is very clean ,reception staff very helpful and with a smile which is a good start.
As breakfast wasn't included in our stay,I decided to purchase,although the breakfast to me was quite bland for the price.
Now my only complaint,which I didn't bring to the attention of the hotel staff,is our room window was next to , some sort of ventilation stacks which seemed to start every 20 to 30 minutes. As we couldn't have the window open because of this it was very warm in the room. Although we had air con we could still here the noise with the window closed. The reason I didn't bring it to the attention if the hotel,is because we had checked in late and didn't think it would be possible to move rooms.
Still a very pleasant hotel,I would consider staying there again avoiding room 109.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us as this certainly assist's us to meet & exceed our guest's expectation.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you due to the noisy room. The staff here is always at their service to assist the guest if they require any assistance .

We are pleased to know you were impressed by the cleanliness & staff service. It is great to know you will be staying with us again. Please do contact me prior to your future stay as I will ensure you are comfortable.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for a theatre break, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a club room which was basically two connected bedrooms with one bathroom.

Room and bathroom were immaculately clean and very comfortable, everything worked as it should, we had a very good nights sleep. Hotel is situated on a quiet road.
Rooms may be considered a little small for a longer stay but for a night or two are perfect.
We did not have breakfast, but wouldn't foresee any problems.
Location is very handy for Portobello market which makes a nice visit before returning home.
Staff were polite, helpful and keen to see that everyone had what they wanted on their stay.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us. It was a pleasure serving you.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Kindly do write to me prior to your future visit as I will ensure you stay in a spacious room with comfort.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was here for a week, travelling solo on a business trip. I really enjoyed my stay. Would stay here again -- the staff are very accommodating, friendly, and professional; my room was clean and bright; location is safe, with easy access and numerous bus/tube transit points; the wireless connection a thankful upgrade (in comparison to other LDN hotels); and TV flatscreen was nice. I had read in previous reviews that the rooms were small; however I didn't find this a deterrent or unpleasant -- have stayed in many other and even smaller rooms in LDN / European 4*s. My room had a window overlooking the trees in Prince's square, and perfect for spring to open up the window for fresh air. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on on the 4th floor, facing Prince's Square and in a corner. Would seem more desireable...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zaricot
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your excellent feedback which has been shared among our team and we all are very pleased to know you had a pleasant stay with us.

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Anytime you plan to stay with us in the near future then kindly forward your booking details so that we can arrange a nice room for your comfort.

Thanking you once again for such a lovely review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights 10th-12th May, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had called the hotel a couple of days beforehand to ask what kind of room had been allocated to me. However, it had not yet been determined and the lady on the phone kindly said that she would put in a special request for a view room, as I had asked.

When we arrived, I was a bit anxious as the reviews before hadn't seemed too great, but was pleasantly surprised. The location is perfect, really. We walked around the Bayswater/Notting Hill area and found it so peaceful and such a relaxing area of London.

The room itself was lovely, just what I would expect from a 4* hotel. It was extremely clean, had mattress protectors etc., the bathroom was spotless. The bed was huge, and very comfy. There were all your regular amenities, T.V., coffee/tea facilities, a safe... everything you needed. The view was great too!

We really did enjoy our stay, and wish we could have stayed longer. We had such a great time here.

The only thing I would say is, since the layout of this building is of a converted townhouse, the rooms may be slightly cramped for some people, and it may also be quite warm in the rooms because of this. We found that the A/C wasn't really that strong and sometimes with the heat from the bathroom after showering, it would be quite warm. This was fine after 20 minutes but I imagine it could be quite hot in the summer. You could just open a window though.

Other than that, I found the price of the hotel very competitive on Booking.com. Also, sign up to their Premier rewards thing- and book on their website if you can because you can get discounts and other goodies. I wish I saw that beforehand but nevertheless really enjoyed my stay and didn't think it was too pricey.

I will stay again, the staff were really nice! Great location, clean rooms, comfy bed, and not too expensive. What more could you need.

Room Tip: Call beforehand and ask what room they allocated for you!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rchlyng
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful feedback on one of this most famous traveler's website. It was indeed a great pleasure serving you . Your positive comments have given an immense joy to the entire team while they shared reading how impressed you were by the overall service you received from our end.

Guest comfort is our priority and having said this we will ensure your future stay is as pleasant as the recent one. Kindly forward us your future booking details so that all goes smooth from the time you arrive to check in and we will try our best to allocate a spacious room. Due to Victorian architecture few of the rooms tend to be compact however if we know in advance about your arrival then we can allocate a room of your choice & preference.

northeastlad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friend doing weekend in London. Get the negatives out of the way first. Rooms are very small. Shower had little water pressure. No biscuits with the tea/coffee. Okay thats the negatives. Positives, Place is dead easy to get too. about 6 mins from Bayswater tube and and extra couple of minutes to Queensway tube Loads of pubs restaurants take aways shops etc all on Queensway high street. Although small the rooms are very clean as is the shower area. The staff are very friendly and helpful and as we were not returning home from Kings Cross until 1900 hrs we left our 3 bags free of charge at the hotel and picked them up at the last minute without any fuss. Booked via Late Rooms about 5 weeks prior to stay. Paid £243 for 2 nights room only.Would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing few minutes out of your precious time to write this valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you.

Please do write to us prior to your future stay as we will ensure a spacious room is allocated for your comfort. Your comments have been shared among the concerened department and we will ensure that these mentioned flaws are rectified . However, we are so pleased to read that you found the staff friendly & helpful in their approach.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Impossible to have a good night sleep. First I was surprised to get a room in a basement, perhaps this is usual in London. I was not looking for a good view, I was expecting a nice clean and quiet room. There is so much noise from the big ventilation machine near Room 803 it is like sleeping in a middle of a train station. I'm 55 I have been in many countries and a few times in UK, this is definitively my worst experience. For a 4-star hotel, it is not acceptable. It is clear that the owner of this hotel only care about making money. Really don't understand that they continue to rent room 803. I'm sure they got tons of complaints about that room.
HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED !!!
Right now it's 4 am instead of sleeping I write this review.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jack A
Aparna A, Manager at The Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us . Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused to you due to the noise from outside your room. We can truly imagine how annoying it must have been for you to endure an uncomfortable night .

Please feel free to write to me on the below mentioned email address to discuss this further. Your comments have been taken on board and will be forwarded to the concerned department.

Kind Regards