The location is close to the Bayswater and Queensway tubes, yet far enough away from any noise. The staff was excellent and I wish I gathered the lady's name who checked me in. (Manager: In conversation, she said she spent four years in New Jersey) The room was spotless, and the bed was comfortable.
I had a single, and they are small, so at times you have to get out of your own way. But that's what I'm used to and expected.
Just a few quirks that I hope the hotel improves upon if possible. First, the room was so hot! It was much hotter than the ambient temperature outside and the window got just the morning sun, so why so hot? I figured out that it was the lighting, halogen I believe. The hallways, peppered with these lights, were also very hot. Fortunately, there was an air conditioner. But that meant I was using the AC to fight the hot lights, and that seemed to be a waste of power on both ends.
The shower did not have a place to set your soap or shampoo, so they ended up on the floor. Then you had to pick them up in the booth sized shower. No complaint about the shower size - I expected that. The lack of a tray in the obviously newly remodeled bath was surprising.
The warbdrobe didn't have any shelves, other than where the safe was sitting, so there was no place to put your clothes. I just left my bag in the corner, not a big deal to me. Appreciate having a safe though! The wardrope door was made of glass. It's very easy to forget the close the safe before closing the wardrobe door (for example you are not leaving the room yet, but need to close the wardrobe so you can move around it) and the glass door is BEGGING to be craked by the metal safe door. More than once I scolded myself to be more careful!
The breakfast, at 12 quid prepaid or 15 at the door, is way overpriced. Lots of alternatives nearby.
I know I'm suggesting several items for improvement, but it was very nice and certainly will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 10 minutes' walk from Hyde Park and Notting Hill Gate, The Premier Notting Hill is situated in a quiet square in Bayswater, and close to Queensway, Whiteleys Shopping Centre and the London Underground. Oxford Street, Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus can all be reached in 20 minutes via tube from Bayswater station, which is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. 20-minute links to Heathrow Airport can be taken from London Paddington rail station, which is a 20-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Premier Notting Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London
- Comfort Inn Bayswater