“Convenient and clean”

Ranked #705 of 1,068 Hotels in London
North Wales Uk
“Convenient and clean”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel the last weekend in November.
Good location near tube stations and walkable distance for shops and theatre's. We found the staff friendly and obliging, the rooms although a little cramped clean with comfortable beds. Unfortunately the floors and walls are thin which resulted in hearing other guests. Not as soundproof as advertised. We could not have stayed longer than 2 nights through lack of sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

3 Thank tiddyt
Linforth, Front Office Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
09 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write this review after your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel convenient and clean. However, I am sorry for the shortfall with regards to your room. I can confirm that we are looking for improvements to avoid same experience to our future guests.

We look forward on welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Located between Paddington station and Hyde Park just 5 minutes walk from either. Great when coming in on Heathrow express. The hotel is comfortable. Good breakfast. Small rooms but it is central London. We intend going back again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adullam
09 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel Convenient and comfortable.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here one night in November. There was very little room in the bedroom but it was clean and warm and the bed was very comfortable. The tea tray was well stocked but the only plug, for the kettle, was under the table. Bit odd. The lighting was poor and would not have been adequate if you had to do any work. The bathroom was spotless but there was no heating and only a singe glazed sash window, which rattled so the bathroom was very cold. The breakfast was adequate. The staff were very pleasant especially the receptionist . The hotel is about five minutes away from Paddington station and there are a variety of pubs and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is located in a quiet area so there was no outside noise from traffic or revellers etc. I would stay at this hotel again but only for one or two nights at a time .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Linforth, Front Office Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Geraldine,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We are constantly striving to better our services and appreciate all of our guest’s experiences and observations. Thank you for mentioning that staff are pleasant especially our receptionist. I am however, so sorry to read about our shortfall in the room. I have noted your comments with regards to the room and bathroom. I have certainly been passed to the department concern and looking for improvement to avoid same experience to our future guests.

We do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Windows are not closing, cold air is coming in everywhere
Carpets are dirty and not well vacumed
Towels are clean but grey-ish
Breakfast is poor
Overall, a very poor experience, a maximum 2 star hotel, not 4. I left after night one of four.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Mircea82
Linforth, General Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and I can state we were very surpised to read you found our carpets dirty. as you will see from all the other hotels we do have very high standards on our cleaning which we have become very proud of. But please do accept our apology that you thought we did not reach these standards. We do also apologise that you felt the cold from the window in your bedroom again this surprises us as our hotel is always kept very warm as it is a grade 2 listed historic building.

Again please do accept our sincere apologies that our hotel was not to your liking.

Kind regards

Malcolm Linforth-Jones
Group Operations Director
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the quality crown in Hyde park London in November.
The rooms are small but beds are comfy its a great location close to Paddington rail terminal and underground services.
We especially would like to thank Witek who looked after our luggage and made the best gin & tonics at the bar.
Have a great Christmas Witek from the Aussies downunder.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Linforth, Front Office Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so greatful that you took the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our great location. I am sorry that you found our room smaller than expected but I can confirm that we have spacious room too.

I am pleased to pass your greetings and comment to Witek.

We look forward of welcoming you back in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel was really good and clean, the breakfast was nice and its location was perfect. Just had some problems with loud noise from doors banging.

The stuff were very professional and friendly, especially MR.WITEK.. He was really helpful and very obliging.

26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and I am very pleased to read you called us a "Very Good Hotel". However, I am sorry for the shortfall; you have encountered a loud noise from banging doors.

Thank you for mentioning the great customer service you received from the staffs most especially from Witek.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were given a hotel voucher which paid £140.00 for one night plus breakfast. We don't think we got good value for money. The room was dark with no view, curtain hanging down at one side, shabby furnishings and very poor breakfast. We asked for a taxi to be booked for a very short journey and were picked up by a Mercedes with no meter, then charged £10.00. We caught a London taxi back and the fare was £6.80. When I enquired about this I was told that it was a fixed fee which would hold good even if there was a delay caused by traffic.

1 Thank Viv18
Linforth, Front Office Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, although I am very saddened to read that your recent stay with us have not been to your expectations.

I am very surprised that you have said that our breakfast was very poor. I can confirm that we are much known for good selections of breakfast and we always make sure that we also have different selections of fresh fruits in a daily basis.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding with regards to your taxi booking. I do understand that black cabs could be more or less expensive depending on the traffic condition. But I can confirm that the taxi company we are using are due charging fairly.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.