Quality Crown 8-14 Talbot Square, London W2 1TS, United Kingdom
Beware of staying in this hotel. I pre-paid for a more expensive club twin room and was given a small double room. A price difference of 10 pounds per night.
In July 2013 I prepaid for the club twin room for a three night stay, for two people, for the May Bank Holiday 2014. I requested a twin room on the fourth floor away from the lift because in 2012 I had stayed on level 3 in a club twin room, away from the lift. The hotel confirmed my request saying they would give me a room on the 5th floor away from the lift.
When my husband and I arrived around 2pm we were shown to an extremely small room on the ground floor and outside the window were three huge industrial air conditioning condenser units. I rang reception and told the receptionist I wanted to relocate because I was not happy with the room especially with the a/c outside and explained I had been told I could have a room on the fifth floor away from the lift. I was told the fourth floor was under renovation. I said I would be happy on the 2 or 3 floor and was then told there was nothing available and I had to wait until the next morning to see if a room became available. I went to the reception area three times that afternoon and evening stating I was not happy with the room and wanted another room. At 7am the next morning I went to reception and after the receptionist searched on the computer for 10 minutes he told me there was only one room available that day. This room was a larger club twin located on the first floor directly above the air conditioning units and next to the lift. If I had not prepaid and it had not been a long weekend I would have gone to another hotel. I will never stay in this hotel or any of their other hotels again. Keep in mind if you still want to stay at this hotel they have just started renovating.
The hotel has a basement, with rooms numbered in the seven hundreds, where the small breakfast room is located. From 7 am it is very noisy and frequently you have to wait for people to leave before a table is available. Expect a long wait for the lift.
A staff member tried to convince us to let them book a taxi for us to Heathrow Airport. Taxis are extremely expensive in London and while we are fit we will catch the tube.
I can recommend the Premier Inn at Brighton and the Premier Inn Gatwick Airport, Manor Royal, and I only paid 29 pounds per night because I prepaid in advance. Bus fare from Gatwick airport terminal to the hotel was a little over 2 pounds each way so next time I will stay at the Premier Inn at the terminal. I stayed at the back of both hotels. At the Premier Inn Gatwick, from 8am, there was some low level construction noise from the industrial area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION -Located in a quiet garden square just 2 minutes from Paddington Station, this beautiful Victorian townhouse has been recently air-conditioned and boasts contemporary interiors with state-of-the-art amenities.With interactive flat-screen TVs, high-speed wireless internet and inspired service, guest satisfaction is our Number One Priority.Quality Crown Hyde Park is not affiliated with the Crown Hyde Park Hotel in any way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Superbreak UK, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Crown Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Crown Hyde Park (Not Affiliated With The Crown Hyde Park Hotel) Hotel
- Quality Inn London
- London Quality Inn
- Quality Crown Hotel Hyde Park