“Refurbishment Trouble”

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Refurbishment Trouble”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Hotel was nice , but a little compact
We needed more space for keeping our luggage
We stayed there for 10 days and the breakfast was the same all of those days , little disappointing
The staff was wonderful , Special thanks to Luci and Mr Witek
Enjoyed a lot .
Hope the rooms get spacious after refurbishment

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isha1999
Linforth, General Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 11 October 2014

Please accept a huge thank you for choosing our hotels for your stay in London.

Firstly please do accept our sincere apologists for the scaffolding as we are currently having our grade to historic facade a face lift and new painting to make us look even better.

Malcolm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The location of the hotel was so good that we nearly could overlook the rest. Its the centre, of the centre of London.
The quad room which we were allotted was pathetic, it wasn't how it was shown in the pictures so we asked for two double rooms and because of the friendly staff, (witek & lucy) we were immediately shifted to better rooms.
The breakfast needs improvement.
Overall the location of the hotel and the staff, especially WITEK who was ever so energetic and positive who helped us throughout, made our stay comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Abhishek J

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Checkin was from at 14.00 but i was early in London after my flight and made it clear in my reservation, as the hotel offered me to do so in the form.
But when i got there very tired at 13.00 they asked me to wait 1 hr, and i did so, until 14.15 when i got my room. Almost falling asleep in the very small lobby/bar.

In the first 2 hrs in my room i got disturbed 3 times from workers who where working on the heater or the air conditioner in my room.

The bar service was slow on top of this and i am not going there again for sure. I made me just to tired to complain when i left, but i should have done so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gylfi G
Linforth, General Manager at Quality Crown Hyde Park, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guests,

Please accept our sincere apologies that our hotel was not to your liking and expectations.

We do take both good and back feedback very seriously and always take action where needed.

Malcolm

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon. The room was spacious enough for the 2 of us. The bathroom was big enough as well, although the hot water would take ages to kick in for a shower and the toilet didn't flush (you would have to space out the times you went to the bathroom as it seemed to only work if you gave the toilet a couple of hours to build up the pressure to flush). It would have been good if it the room had a mini bar for drinks but it didn't. And I don't really think the breakfast was all that good either. I'm not sure how I really felt about the hotel. But it was good enough.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RAC26

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Staff were very obliging, in particular Mr Witek who helped us make the most of our London stay. We were given a larger room upon request after finding our first room tiny. Breakfast great and hotel close to Paddington station and beautiful parklands.

Room Tip: Check to see if air conditioning work is complete if travelling in warm weather!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The staff, the cleanliness and the breakfast were all very good. However the management of the group must be very petty. I booked for one day online at reasonable rate. Having stayed one night I requested an extension. The hotel reception are not allowed to do this they have to go through a central reservation desk who then quoted a higher price. They refused to charge the same rate even though it was the same room. I had no option but to accept an increased cost. Then when the room had no water left I was told that the water is only for the day of arrival. The increased cost involved is nothing more than profiteering so watch out when accepting a room rate.
Like other visitors I also found the room somewhat small because although I only needed a double the room had that and a single presumably to maximise the utilisation at the expense of comfort.
For a laugh use the tiny lift with piped music and a very slow rate of rise or descent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank c_wicks234
Sydney
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Quality Crown 8-14 Talbot Square, London W2 1TS, United Kingdom
Beware of staying in this hotel. I pre-paid for a more expensive club twin room and was given a small double room. A price difference of 10 pounds per night.
In July 2013 I prepaid for the club twin room for a three night stay, for two people, for the May Bank Holiday 2014. I requested a twin room on the fourth floor away from the lift because in 2012 I had stayed on level 3 in a club twin room, away from the lift. The hotel confirmed my request saying they would give me a room on the 5th floor away from the lift.

When my husband and I arrived around 2pm we were shown to an extremely small room on the ground floor and outside the window were three huge industrial air conditioning condenser units. I rang reception and told the receptionist I wanted to relocate because I was not happy with the room especially with the a/c outside and explained I had been told I could have a room on the fifth floor away from the lift. I was told the fourth floor was under renovation. I said I would be happy on the 2 or 3 floor and was then told there was nothing available and I had to wait until the next morning to see if a room became available. I went to the reception area three times that afternoon and evening stating I was not happy with the room and wanted another room. At 7am the next morning I went to reception and after the receptionist searched on the computer for 10 minutes he told me there was only one room available that day. This room was a larger club twin located on the first floor directly above the air conditioning units and next to the lift. If I had not prepaid and it had not been a long weekend I would have gone to another hotel. I will never stay in this hotel or any of their other hotels again. Keep in mind if you still want to stay at this hotel they have just started renovating.

The hotel has a basement, with rooms numbered in the seven hundreds, where the small breakfast room is located. From 7 am it is very noisy and frequently you have to wait for people to leave before a table is available. Expect a long wait for the lift.

A staff member tried to convince us to let them book a taxi for us to Heathrow Airport. Taxis are extremely expensive in London and while we are fit we will catch the tube.

I can recommend the Premier Inn at Brighton and the Premier Inn Gatwick Airport, Manor Royal, and I only paid 29 pounds per night because I prepaid in advance. Bus fare from Gatwick airport terminal to the hotel was a little over 2 pounds each way so next time I will stay at the Premier Inn at the terminal. I stayed at the back of both hotels. At the Premier Inn Gatwick, from 8am, there was some low level construction noise from the industrial area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple