base2stay, Kensington - around the block (4 minute walk )from Earl's Court Underground station - on both the Piccadilly and District lines, which get you anywhere tourists may want to go with ease, really! We got oyster cards for our 5 day stay and felt like pros after the first ride in directly from Heathrow terminal 4.
The name of the hotel is no frills, and there is no lobby to speak of, but the cleanliness, really quiet locale, really comfy bedding accommodations, and air conditioning all sum up to quite a few niceties for the price of the room. (caveat – this is compared to other Air Conditioned hotels, with an elevator (lift) and great location); London is still very expensive for US travelers and we needed 2 rooms or one family room for 4, so to find all the amenities we wanted for around 115 pounds/per room per night was difficult. We decided on the hotel family room that slept 4. The room we had was 237.00 pounds/night - I think their highest, but it was the best room in the hotel(rm 303) and accommodated our 4 adult family with ease and a bit of luxury to boot.
Service, helpful employees who are happy to assist in this all updated facility with streamlined features and extraordinary space saving amenities within the room like the mini kitchen/fridge/sink/microwave combo with great hot pot /plates/ cups/glasses and coffee-tea service. There is no restaurant or breakfast included, but do note VAT is included in their published price. The hotel’s exterior is charming along the row of very British white washed fronts in the Earl's Court / Kensington neighborhood. The street where hotel is located down the block from one of London's quaint city block parks as well. Joggers, strollers, walkers abound.
Originally, upon reserving, I had been promised a large room with a double (big size queen by US standards) and two twin couch pull outs for our family of 4. When we arrived the large room contained a big queen bed and large double sofa bed, not two twins. I asked if we could have the two twins promised, but they said that room had just been painted and staff advised fumes may bother, so we had the college kids sleep together in the sofa bed. They slept great, and for a pull out – quite comfy and large enough, but it's all relative after a day and night of London sightseeing and you're exhausted. The hotel was extremely quiet – if I hadn’t known the hotel was fully booked, would have thought we were there by ourselves, that quiet. We slept great each night!
The bathroom was wonderful - bigger than many in US hotels - full shower/bath combo / great water pressure, lovely heated towel rack and storage shelf for all our toiletries. We packed lightly and I washed a few clothes out to dry on the towel rack - super efficient.
oh - free wifi was a bit slow - but free and it did work so I'm just being picky here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay