We were in London over Christmas and Boxing Day (which I would not recommend because everything closes including the Tube) and chose base2stay because it looked like the neighborhood had some ethnic restaurants that might be open on Christmas and because of the kitchenette. We were in a Superior room on the lower level which meant going downstairs and then up 5 or 6 steps in a strange configuration (if you have mobility issues, definitely let them know as many of the rooms would not be accessible to you).
On the positive side, the staff was helpful and friendly (though I sent email before our arrival that was never answered), our room was quiet and clean. The hotel was close to the Earl's Court Tube stop (Earl's Court road exit) and was near to many restaurants, small markets, Marks and Spencer, and Sainsbury's. Earl's Court Tube stop is on the Piccadilly line so it is easy to get to from Heathrow and King's Cross/St. Pancras. The wifi was fast and reliable. The nespresso, microwave, mini fridge, kettle, and dishes all came in handy since so little was open on either Christmas or Boxing Day. The location was also walking distance to many museums (closed December 24-26) and Harrod's.
On the negative side, we had booked a "larger" room for 3 people and it was still a very small room. The fold-out cot wasn't very comfortable for an adult. Also, for a room with a kitchenette it was odd that there wasn't a table and chairs in the room. So, the only place to sit and eat was on the bed or at the desk. My biggest complaint is that the terrace doors were drafty so the room was always cold. The outside wall where the cot was was very cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay