“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Room was great, modern furnishings nice big bath, very clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Will definitely recommend to my friends. Great location near tube station. I have nothing negative to say!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I already wrote a review on this hotel two years ago. As the owner apparently changed recently I was a bit worrying about the evolution of the service. However I have been twice to this hotel the last 3 months and I confirm that it remains a very good choice for that range of price in the Earl's Court district.

Rooms are tiny (but they are tiny everywhere in London except you pay more than GBP 200 per night for a Single), but extremely clean and quiet. The Wifi quality has very much improved compared to last year, beds are comfortable and the bathroom is provided with all amenities that one would expect, including Heated towels and a rather spacious shower.

The only disappointment I would mention is that the hotel made renovation works last winter (which were not really necessary as the hotel was still in a very nice shape), alas resulting in a significant price increase, chiefly at peak season, which now reach the high limit of what is acceptable for that standard of rooms (over that price range there are better solutions elsewhere in West London for the same quality of comfort).

So during low-season the Nadler does represent the best solution, but at peak-season I would better check other propositions in the same standard before choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor rooms, as everywhere in London...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed for a week on a recent trip to London (part business; part pleasure). The staff were incredibly friendly, yet allowed proper privacy. I felt neither ignored nor smothered. Just the way I like it!
Pros:
Kitchenette made for great convenience for breakfast and late night snacking,etc.
Quiet for us "early to bed" types.
GREAT bathrooms. Towel heater, perfect shower pressure, hot water first thing in the morning.
Very close to the Tube but within walking distance from many areas of London.
Great housekeeping staff.
Cons:
Rooms are quite small if that is important to some. There was a sizable closet though.
Wifi/Internet is tragically slow. I tried both the wifi and the TV internet. Both were "first days of the internet" style slow and I frequently lost emails due to screens freezing, internet crashing, etc. It took me over 20 minutes to email a two liner. Unacceptable in the year 2013. Made the business part of my trip painful.
If the internet was better, the Nadler would get full points.

Room Tip: I was off the courtyard and it was very quiet save for the usual morning noise. Very quiet in the ev...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Emma W, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hi PrairieGirl111, thanks for you thoughtful review. We appreciate all the positive remarks and take into account any suggestions that you have mentioned above. Apologies about the internet glitch, although as I mentioned in one of my previous replies, we have now managed to identify and solve the problem so our free Wi-Fi is now back to full speed. In terms of rooms, we have different sizes displayed on our website, so please check it out and give us a call when booking again with us, as I hope the next time would be a full 10/10.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great place to stay. And the "pillow service" was a first for us. We have stayed in three different types of room at the Nadler, and all gave full value for money. Helpful staff at the reception - and an umbrella for a rainy day!

Room Tip: 1. Make sure that you use the pillow service. 2. If you like to have your own private patio, ask fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Although Earls Court area may not be the most fashionable section of London the Nadler Hotel really works. It is located minutes from the tube station in a lovely neighborhood. The staff is extremely accommodating and the rooms, while on the small side are very well designed. They don't serve breakfast but they sent us to Balans where we had wonderful breakfasts. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi segoldb, thanks for your very positive comments. Earl’s Court is increasingly fashionable, and close to many fabulous areas like chic South Kensington, the glamorous King’s Road for some shopping, and world famous museums such as the National History and Science Museums as well as Hyde Park. Thanks for mentioning Balans, one of the many great local restaurants, cafes and bars around us, which makes this area so popular and unique. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights on the solo leg of a long European sojourn. It was the perfect location for a single female traveller. Staff were consistently helpful and pleasant, the room was a standard double but larger and nicer than some of the European hotel rooms I'd been sharing with my partner, and well equipped so I could eat meals there if I'd wanted (turns out I didn't but good to have the option!) Hotel was a 5 minute walk from Earls Court Station which was a direct line to Central London and Heathrow. I preferred the Nadler to some considerably more expensive places I've stayed in my favourite world city - would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hi MisterPip, thanks for your super review and I am delighted to see we have contributed to make your experience in London even better. I am also glad that our friendly staff made you feel very welcome; I cannot imagine how it would be travelling solo and to experience unfriendly and unprofessional staff. Anytime you feel like visiting London, feel free to consider The Nadler Kensington your home away from home.
Aiken
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The location of the hotel is great. Being close to Earl Court tube was very helpful to us. The room is small but very well laid out, we had more useable space than a larger room in pricy Dublin hotel. Loved the kitchenette, very well organized. Room was very clean and shower was great. We stressed the staff by accusing them of misplacing one of our bags that we left with them before room was available. They were extremely professional about problem. In the end we had misplaced item, not them. Did not use their breakfast plan, and glad we didn't as we were able to go to more places in neighborhood. We loved the staff's recommendations which included Blackbird Pub, Courtfield Pub and Balan's. Used the discount coupons hotel provided. Glad we stayed here in lieu of more pricy options. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family