This was our first trip to London (Europe, actually) ever. I found the Nadler through an exhaustive search on the internet. For the price, which was expected high due to the fact that it's London, this was a great value. We arrived earlier than check-in, so the staff cheerfully stored our bags securely so we could go out and explore the area. We found the location convenient to the Earls Court tube station and with a slightly longer walk, to the Gloucester Road station, which had a few more eating out options.
The staff was extremely pleasant and helped us book our Big Bus tour.
The room, which was small by US standards, was clean and nicely appointed, and the décor was smart and Spartan, but comfortable. The little kitchenette that comes equipped with a microwave, electric tea kettle, Nespresso machine, and mini fridge, was handy for a quick beverage. The housekeeping staff kept the supplies here stocked daily.
The only thing we never quite figured out was the thermostat - temps would seem to range from hot to cold, and adjusting the thermostat didn't seem to help. There was also this pounding noise we'd here throughout the night. Never did figure out where it came from. Neither of these factors were complaint-worthy and our stay was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Nozio Netplan srl, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay