“Good location and value for money”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #58 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Hong Kong, China
“Good location and value for money”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The room looks more like a university dormitory but is ok given is 5 mins walk from Earl's court station and all around are shops, cafe and restaurants.
It has a mini kitchen with microwave (the dish couldn't rotate so i had to stop the microwave every 10sec to stop the food from burning), cutlery, fridge etc. This is very convenient if you just want to stay in for simple food. They also have coupons for up to 30% discount at restaurants nearby.
Bathroom was spacious and very well lit. WIFI was fast. Bed a bit soft and is not nice if you sleep at the lower bunk looking up the mattress above. Would also be nice if there is a rack to put the luggage as if you need to use the wardrobe and kitchen, there isn't much room for you to open the suitcase.

During my stay, dont know why i could hear road construction at 2am!!!!! I saw workmen still outside at 11pm and couldn't believe they let them drill at small hours!!!

Could be slightly difficult to find the hotel entrance in the evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EuropeanJ
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
DearEuropeanJ, thank you for you review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and the unique facilities we offer, like the mini kitchen. My apologies for the malfunctioning microwave, I will make sure it is looked after and replaced if needed. I hope you will choose us again for your future stays in London and I will note not to allocate in the bunk, which is one of our most sought after rooms for adults travelling together, but we do have a variety of larger rooms that may be more comfortable for you.
I am really sorry you were disturbed by the drilling outside throughout the night and indeed we agree with you that there should be subject to tighter restrictions, but unfortunately they are not and regrettably found this on the night they were drilling as our night manager called the emergency number for the Council and was informed that the works are purposely scheduled for the night when the traffic is limited. Luckily it they are always a one off…
The work is now finished and the street again to its usual quiet and peaceful status. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am very happy to confirm that my stay at Hotel Nadler in Kensington was great.. Nr one it is situated nearby Earls Court station but not in a busy street.. The hotel staff was nice and was willing to help and offered help. The building is beautyful, very good bed and elegegant furnitures. It is nice it takes you only 13 minutes to walk to High street Kensington and only 3 minutes walk to Earls Court Station which is very well connected to Heathrow airport... Only thing that I can give a slight minus is the rooms are small... but that was not a issue .. THANKS

Room Tip: It does not matter the surroundings are quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Thuri2013, thank you for taking the time to review us and I am pleased you enjoyed our wonderful location and staff. You must come back and try one of our larger rooms next time.
North Cadbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

A warm welcome, very professional. Neat, clean room. Quiet. Comfortable beds. (Did request a twin room via bookings.com, got a double - but fine for my son and me). Air conditioning, free wifi, good TV, and a really cute mini kitchen hidden in the cupboard - complete with a Nespresso machine. Lots of nearby restaurants that serve breakfast.

Very happy with The Nadler. Recommended and I would certainly go back.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank cranialscratch
Dear Cranialscratch, thank you for your review, if we can always exceed our guests’ expectations, we'll be very happy, and reviews like your make it all worthwhile! It's often the little things that make the difference, so it’s great to read of so many little things making a big difference! Thank you for your recommendation and that to read that you will be back!
Aberdeen
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on the way to a family wedding. I chose this hotel after reading reviews and I also got a very good price for a standard double room.
I wasn't disappointed we arrived early and our room was ready. The lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful and also the gentleman checking us out.
Our room was spotlessly clean and the very comfortable bed. I was so impressed by how the kitchenette is designed and that you could all this into what appears to be a wardrobe at first sight.
It is very close to the tube station and was an easy trip from Heathrow.

I would recommend this hotel and will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pickyAberdeen
Dear PickyAberdeen, I am very proud to read your review and I must say that it doesn't get much better than “a fantastic find”. I am also delighted that the rooms worked well for and you enjoyed all our amenities and services. Also thank you for all the wonderful compliments on our great staff - they read these reviews avidly and reviews like yours always energise them and make them smile. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Nadler is a real find - super location in Earl's Court, lovely room, close to the Tube station. The staff were very attentive and helpful.
Breakfast comes from a nearby cafe and was really good. We stayed on a Living Social deal and it was excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh H
Dear HughH, Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel facilities and location.
It's great to hear positive feedback about our staff and thank you for mentioning that to us!
We hope to have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great hotel, attentive staff and 2 minutes from Earls Court tube station.
My only gripe was that my room was at L level, which meant that I could hear footsteps pounding the pavement from above. This however did not mar my overall experience which was a positive one. I will certainly be back there on trips to London.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, L Level rooms may not be the best option for you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful decor..lovely decorations for Christmas!! Spotlessly clean well appointed room, plenty of space-comfy bed and great shower. Very attentive staff, especially Andre who gave us a very warm welcome. 2min walk to earls court station..would definitely recommend to couples as a stylish base for a weekend in London. 10/10.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello JoshT, We can't ask for higher praise! Thank you for your flattering words about our hotel and our team, especially Andre. I am pleased to read your comments about so many aspects of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.