“highly recommended”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #59 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a really nice stay at this hotel. It's location was very convenient, the room was very comfortable and the staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful. I certainly intend to stay there again in the future and would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to that part of London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Rob E, for your lovely comment and the recommendation. I am so glad that we managed to exceed your expectations, as this is one of the hardest parts within the hospitality industry. Looking forward to your next stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,869)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had an overnight in London and stayed at The Nadler. Though compact the room had a good range of facilities. If you are larger than average I would suggest confirming this with the Hotel in advance as many of the rooms are only suitable for those of an average size.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Gerry O, thanks for your lovely review. We are very happy to see that you have enjoyed all our hotel facilities. We also have bigger rooms such as the Large King Double, Superior King and the Deluxe Room that have extra space, which may be worth checking out on a future visit. We would be happy to give you a show round. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed here often, also when it was base2stay. No doubt, it's generally great. The building is kept up and clean, the staff are mostly great and friendly - and it seems often training new staff. But the rooms are the same since base2stay days, and that translates to beds are definitely worn out. The edges of the mattress don't support, and a King is just two beds put together so you fall to the middle. The rooms are tight and the "desk" is useless. The air and heat blow on the bed no matter what you try to do. And the windows only open in rooms on the upper floors. That makes a difference because a bit of fresh air changes things.
Also, it seems there is no regard for repeat customers. I've been sent to the lower level room (so open to parked cars and public) even when I made a reservation far in advance and have one of the better class of rooms.
London is expensive as are the hotels, so Nadler is good, but I pay for the bed and room too, not just service and nice building, and it will need to do a bit more upgrade with the beds if it wants to stay competitive.

Room Tip: Try to avoid ground or lower levels. If you are a couple definitely don't think saving a few pou...
1  Thank Passenger121

Dear Passenger121, thank you for your review and for been a loyal, we are pleased and grateful for that. Correct, the owner is still the same with the same philosophy and ethos of no extra hidden costs, being transparent, sustainable for the local community, green and definitely of great value to our guests. I am so sorry to hear your bed was not comfortable, as we recently had a full refurbishment of all bedrooms during which all the beds were also replaced. If you could kindly be in touch with me with your room number so that we can specifically check your room/bed. All of our room types are spread out through the different floors and we do have guests that prefer the lower floors and some prefer the upper floors, but I can assure you that we do not have better class rooms depending on the floor the room in on. Unfortunately from your Trip Advisor name we are unable to search you profile, but if you would like to be in touch we can amend your profile with your preference for an upper floor on any future stay. We are really looking forward to hearing back from you as we deeply value our guests feedback, as it is only this way that we can make sure all of our guests do have a wonderful stay at all times. hope you will be one of our guests to benefit from our upcoming loyalty program, so please stay tuned. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed in many hotels in London for the past 30 years. I can't say that I'm over excited about the overall standard, even though you pay for a 4* accommodation, one end up with a 3* lodging. The Nadler Kensington is the exception to the rule. High standard and to a decent rate. Located in a quiet street I stayed in a single room, 201, over looking the mews, the size of the room was a positive surpeise. Just a few minutes walk from Earl's Court tube station this is a hotel I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was looking for a nice place to stay with my companion and found this hotel with overall good reviews. Therefor, I decided to book this place and enjoy a comfortable hotel.

But... when I put in my check-in dates on the first page of their website, it had the correct dates and amount of nights - it would be two nights. The next page showed the rates which I thought were very reasonable for a hotel in central London. I don't know the standard rates of hotels in London so I didn't ask questions, after all I was a hundred percent confident I had put in the dates and number of nights correct.

When I printed the confirmation mail and took it to my companion, we noticed that it had only booked for one night instead of two. I contacted the hotel and got very prompt reactions saying that they were very happy to book the extra night for me, still using the same amount I first saw on the site. As far as I was concerned, this was all correct since it was the amount I had seen on the website for the two nights.

I must say I was quite overwhelmed when my credit card statement arrived because it had twice the amount I was expecting being charged. Then I returned to the website and tried booking the room again to see where I had gone wrong. Only then did I see that when I arrived at the second page, the number of nights had been brought back to one...

Now I don't mind spending some money on a trip but double the amount was a bit over the top for me. When I contacted the hotel again, they said they couldn't refund me or cancel my booking since I had booked under the 'advanced purchase' system. I pointed out that it was due to -their- website misleading me that this was going to cost me much more then I had expected. This isn't only my own budget that's been going up far more then I wanted but that of my friend as well, of course.

Eventually, they only offered me a 15% discount on the room or a cancellation -but- only half the full amount. These people have called me 'sir' throughout our entire communication while I had clearly stated a few times that I'm a woman. The person from the hotel with whom I was conversating said it was a mistake and that she had gotten the wrong information. Well, so did I only it's going to cost me money!

She also stated that I had received a confirmation mail when I booked the first room - which is true - but then I still wouldn't have been able to cancel it because it's not their policy!

To finish this review, these people will help you our in the blink of an eye when they can take money from you, will hide behind their policy even though it's their fault the booking went wrong and the website didn't work and will try to put the blame in your shoes.

In the meanwhile they have actually fixed this glitch but it has cost -me- money for their errors. I'm definitely going to look into this further and see if there's anywhere else I could file a complaint because it's an utter rip off.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank blue_randall
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Blue-Randall, I was disappointed to read your review, despite the fact that you did not indeed stay with us at The Nadler Kensington. As discussed previously, we would not change our terms and conditions following a threat to post a negative review on TA.

Our booking process is very simple and transparent and although as discussed you intended to book 2 nights only one was booked. The system also offers a summary overview before submitting the final payment. As you mentioned you received a confirmation for 1 night at the cost of£ 162.00 after which you proceeded to contact the hotel and booked directly the additional night at the additional cost of £ 162.00 for the second night and again a confirmation was promptly sent to you

As you selected the Advance Purchase rate which offers a substantial discount, payment for each night is due at time of booking and as explained in our private communication you were not double charged but you were charged for each night (2) separately as 2 separate reservations were made.

As the rate selected was the Advance purchase offer, in case of cancellations the penalty is the full amount, so the cost of both nights

I apologise if our web booking system only recorded one night initially, not the two that you intended to book, but you proceeded to contact the hotel and booked and additional night at the same rate of the night. We then sent a second confirmation with all the revised details, and re-confirming the cancellation policy.

Finally, you decided to cancel your bookings as you said they exceeded your budget, although the rates and terms and conditions of the advance purchase rate were very clear at both the time of the original booking, and at the point where the reservation was extended to 2 nights.

In reference to referring to you as Mr rather than Mrs as the conversation happened by email we were only going with your name and the information provided on the personal profile information you created when booking the first reservation online which indicated Mr and not Mrs/Ms. Now you may have left the field blank and unfortunately the system defaults to Mr when left blank. In our private communications we already profusely apologised if we have offended you for this, but as explained it was not done intentionally to offend you in any way.

As so many of our reviews confirm, our guest service is of a consistently high standard, and the team here at The Nadler Kensington always go the extra mile to ensure a great guest experience. Unfortunately, we were not given this opportunity in your case.

As a gesture of goodwill we offered to refund you 1 night at a saving of £162, which you accepted, so can only express how disappointed we are that you chose to ignore the requirements of Trip Advisor reviews to have stayed in the property.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Good location, hospitality and facilities! Love the well-equipped kitchenette that comes with the room.Its close proximity to lots of eateries, supermarkets and he tube. Perfect for single and couple travellers. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks a lot Melliang for your lovely feedback. We are delighted you embraced our concept fully and made the most of all our facilities and the local area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my fifth time to stay at the Nadler Kensington since 2007 (and the first time since they rebranded as the Nadler instead of Base2Stay). Even though there's been a name change and a few renovations to the lobby, it's still the same great hotel I've stayed at before. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and I was given my favorite single room (#302) as requested when I made my reservation. I love the location -- it's just a couple of blocks from the Earls Court tube station (where you can catch the District and Piccadilly lines) but on a quiet residential street, so you can get away from the hustle and bustle. There's a diverse selection of restaurants nearby (everything from fast food and pubs to ethnic cuisine), plus you can always pick something up at the store and heat it up in your in-room microwave.

When I visit London, I always shop around for hotels online beforehand, but I keep coming back to Nadler Kensington for it's great value and homey location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Katedahl, thanks for your positive comment and for reminding other readers about our name change. We are glad to read that you still enjoyed The Nadler Kensington as you did base2stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!