“Nice, clean but pricey”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #66 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here on a whim and it turned out well enough. Everyone was very friendly and the location is pretty convenient to restaurants and walks downtown. Super close to the train which will take you anywhere you need to go. The room itself was small and on the first floor. We had to keep the windows shut because of the street noise. The bathroom was nice and shower large. Clean, nice, but again to pricey for just what we considered an average room.

Room Tip: If possible, avoid the first floor. Street noise was a bit disturbing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Ann Arbor, thank you for your review, I am sorry you found the room small for your needs. We try to be transparent in the information we provide so guests can choose exactly what they need from the wide range of room sizes we offer. I believe even our smallest rooms are very functional, but still providing all the amenities of our larger rooms. On amenities, we actually have more than most, from mini-kitchens in each room, a/c, free Wi-Fi, free phone calls, free Newspaper app with access to over 2,000 publications, TVs with free internet and music, and others. Our website has all the details. Hopefully you will visit us again, in a larger room on the back of the hotel?

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I arrived at the hotel around 10am, but the room was not yet available, so we left our luggage there and came back in the late evening with our luggage stored in our room already :) The room was clean, nicely decorated, everything functions really well. the wifi is easy to connect. We stay there for 6 nights and the room was cleaned up everyday, the hand soap was replaced by a new one every 2 days!(not necessary cuz I just used it only a bit :) the Nespresso coffee machine works - I bought a carton of mile from nearby supermarket and made my own latte - so happy ^^

Staff at the reception including the maid were really nice and friendly, especially the guy I met when I checked-in (sorry I cannot remember his name) We also get free city maps, we can borrow an umbrella as well

The hotel has an elevator so no worry if you have lots of luggage like me ;)

So, I was really happy staying here, but next time please don't forget my rubber duck!

Room Tip: I stayed at room 204 on the second floor with the view as backyards of the houses nearby (I did requ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much Phattranit2014 for your flattering review. Our reception and housekeeping team will be very pleased to hear your kind words. After all, this is what drives us on a daily basis - the challenge to keep providing the best service that we can, tailored for each need and guest. Very glad to have had you to stay and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have just returned from my 13th visit to this lovely hotel which is just perfect for me! The staff are always friendly, efficient and very eager to please their guests. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and nicely furnished and I find the mini kitchen a real bonus. I always have a good night's sleep on their very comfortable beds. The hotel is in a very nice area of Kensington and very close to Earls Court and Gloucester Road stations and also very good bus routes. The hotel is also very convenient for the Royal Albert Hall and several museums. There are also many good restaurants in the area and nearby a Sainsbury supermarket and a Marks & Spencer food store. I will shortly be booking my 14th visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Audrey H, we are very glad that you keep choosing us over and over again for the 13th time as this is shows us that our service is consistently excellent. As a regular guest we thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for your 14th visit soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Nadler Kensington last week for 5 days with friends and family.
The Hotel is one of the best I have stayed at in London.
The rooms are clean and tidy, the staff is exceptionally nice and accommodating and the location is great - a two minutes walk from the subway station.
At the beginning of my stay we were put in a room that was a bit noisy. We were slow in asking to change rooms, but when we did ask, an alternative and very quiet room was found for us that same afternoon.

Room Tip: It seems the rooms at the lower ground floor are not as good as the rest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for a week in summer 2014. Not a bad place. Good location, nice rooms, good kitchen. Close to museums and Harrods, Really 200 characters requirement for a review on a hotel room is way too much to ask.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights in May, arriving on my birthday. The staff thoughtfully had cupcakes and a card waiting in our room for me. Bed was comfortable, bathroom very nice with plenty of room for all our "stuff." The room was on the small side, but definitely more than adequate. We had a small fridge, microwave, electric tea kettle and a full cabinet of dishes, etc. We were walking distance to Earl Courts tube. We walked to the Natural History and Albert and Victoria Museums, as well as Hyde Park and Kennsington Palace. The staff were pleasant and very helpful with restaurant suggestions. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor in the back...very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Nwknitter, thank you for the five stars! I'm pleased that the mini kitchen won you over to our no restaurant/bar concept and that you enjoyed the location with such easy access to attractions and museums. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a great location. 3 minute walk from a central tube station. The rooms are beautiful, clean and modern. The small kitchen very officient, there's a "marks & spencer food" across the street, we bought ingridients and made wonderful breakfasts each morning in the room. The staff is welcoming and warm, helped us out with information and gave us 20% discount coupons to restaurants near by. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family