“disaapointed”

GreenLeadersGold level
Napa Valley, California
“disaapointed”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel and the first time (exactly a year prior) had been great. I love the cleanliness and the location (although the rooms were small but I expected that). I also loved the responsiveness of the staff prior to my reservation via email. Unfortunately, this trip, I was given a room on the bottom floor and the noise of the traffic did not allow me to sleep. There were not movies offered in the room as there had been in the past and when I requested an adapter for my phone and computer charger, they did not have any for the USA, just for European countries. I used to love this hotel but left frustrated on my last visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Stephanie H
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Stephanie H, we are saddened by your review, considering the fact that as a retruning guest you are familiar with our services and facilities. We have tried to be in touch with you on several occasion to have the chance to discuss with you your experience and some of the aspects of your review. I am delighted you are impressed on both stays with the cleanliness and the responsiveness of the staff. In regards to the US adaptor we do have them in reception and our records in fact indicted that you were provided with 2 portable chargers/convertors to use during your stay. In the rooms we do have European electrical socket installed which is not the same for US electrical sockets and this is the reason why we do keep both phone charges for different phones as well as converters in reception for our guests to use,This has not changed since you stayed exactly a year prior. In addition we recently completed a further upgrade in each rooms by installing USB chargers in every room so our guest can freely charge their phones regardless of the electrical socket. As part of the recent upgrades we no longer offer movies. This decision was not taken lightly and was made in consideration of what our guests had feedback to us. In alternative we now offer the possibility to stream on the TVs directly from our guests devices via the recently installed HDMI connections in all rooms. I still would welcome the chance to discuss your experience an feedback over the phone at your earliest convenience. I can be reached by email at Alessandra.Leoni@TheNadler.com or by phone. We hope to see you again soon and I have amended your personal profile with your preference for an upper floor room should you decide to stay with us again as well as the request for a US converter to be placed in your room at your arrival. Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I was in London for business and first time in UK.i am a regular Starwood person and before I booked this property I had question marks if I would enjoy my stay or feel comfortable.I can easily admit that friendliness of staff and amazing food and service totally get me out of my circle.As I said I was in town for business therefore I did not have a chance to see around for leisure but hotel is great and service is top notch.I highly recommend anyone to stay in this property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aunjanak
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much Aunjanak for your flattering review. Our reception team will be very pleased to hear your kind words. After all, this is what drives us on a daily basis - the challenge to keep providing the best service that we can, tailored for each need and guest. Very glad to have had you to stay and hope to see you soon.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was ideal for my recent business trip to London. I stumbled across the website when my usual hotels were fully booked and will definitely use them again. Cool and contemporary, the location was fantastic, especially for a woman travelling alone; literally one street up from Earl's Court tube station. The reception area was immaculate, the staff were so lovely and welcoming. I had opted for a bijou room which was exactly as described, but with so many neat additions, only the size stopped it from being a luxury room. I will definitely be staying there again for future trips.

Room Tip: If you're not fussed about space, go for the bijou rooms for an absolute bargain. Still well equ...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Holy Trinity, Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Wonderful experience, being from out of town. Everyone there truly made it feel special. Rooms very nice and clean. The staff were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone making a trip to London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer J
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff are very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The room was a little small but clean, quiet and well equipped for making breakfast. Great location, short walk to the underground, restaurants, supermarkets and cultural venues.We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The room was facing east so we had the morning sun which was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patsy S
Dear Patsy S, Its always a pleasure to read reviews like yours that are so complimentary, but even more so when a large part of what made a guest's stay special were some of the unique features of our concept, like the mini kitchen and our restaurant discounts with some great local partners. I am also delighted to read your comments on the room size, as we have a wide choice, including larger rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting London for the first time with my children and husband was daunting not knowing much about the location. The location was fantastic, with easy access to good shops and dining.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming in every interaction. This hotel is a great value with great staff, clean rooms, and great location. You will not regret staying here, and we will most definitely be back!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Zanab K
Hi Zanab K, I never tire of hearing guests compliment our staff. A great team is the essence of hospitality, and our team really enjoy ensuring guests have a great time, so we are pleased to read that you not only enjoyed our hotel but also the area and amenities around us, which is very much part of what we want to offer our guests. Thank you for your lovely review!
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good location with an easy walk to the train station, small, quiet, clean rooms and loved having a kitchenette since there is no breakfast so we could wake & eat on our own from things purchased at the local market, easy WiFi, and helpful staff, so we were pleased!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahCW
Dear SarahCW, Thanks a lot for your lovely feedback. We are delighted you embraced our concept fully and made the most of all our facilities and made good use of the mini kitchenette. There are so many great options for breakfast, lunch or dinner in our neighbourhood, we hope you were also able to take advantage of the discount vouchers our local restaurants and cafes offer to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully next time we can strive to get a 5 star review.