“Great hotel, service at a nice location too”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #62 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My friends also stayed in the hotel and they said they had an easy time using the subway. I took a cab from the airport. This hotel is small but has a modern theme. The staff were quite friendly and accommodating.
If you plan to use the subway often, this is a good choice, a short walk to the Earl's Court station. A lot of pubs and dining choices nearby, as well as convenience stores.

I would go back to this hotel. It definitely gives good value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Near the tube station so very easy to get out and about to all the big attractions. The room was small but beautifully furnished. Staff were very nice and welcoming and added to that the wifi is reliable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Aledfantastic and thanks for your lovely review. This is exactly what we want to hear from our guests and what makes us work all the harder to achieve this. See you back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent accommodation, rooms serviced everyday. Close to two metro stations. Lots of buses.
One of the best things is it was air conditioned, when we stayed the temperatures were in the high twenties and even thirties, was so nice after a long day of sightseeing to be able to have a cool room. Staff very helpful. No complaints. Would recommend to all. Close to shops and supermarkets. As it was self contained with a microwave we save money using the microwave most nights. Very quiet location our sleep was undisturbed.

Room Tip: Look for airconditioning if travelling in July especially
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Location is convenient and the staff is very nice. We are a family of 5 and stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. It was not a good choice for us. This has previously been a hostel type of accomodation, whereas now a more boutique style is intended and reflected in the price level. The rooms are small and there are no lounges or spaces to relax or be social after smaller kids are in bed. Nor is any breakfast served at the hotel. We went to nearby cafes, simple and nice in some ways, but always crowded with long lines. For families a luxury apartment can be rented at the price of these two rooms or try one of the real boutique hotels.

8  Thank Reisetiger1
Alessandra L, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Reisetiger1, thank you for your feedback, although we are disappointed about your very low score as it seems that you enjoyed the location and service from our staff. We are very transparent in the services we do and don’t offer, such as not providing any food and beverage facilities within our premises, which from your review, was one of your requirements. It is a core part of our concept not to provide these services on site, and instead work with local businesses to offer not only a wide choice of different cuisines and atmospheres but also valuable discounts for our guests of up to 30%. Together with our mini-kitchens, with Brita water filters and Nespresso machines, we believe these offer an extra element of value.
I must correct you as we were never a “hostel type of accommodation”. We have always have been a hotel since we opened as base2stay in 2006. With the name change to The Nadler last year, we carried out a refurbishment that included enlarging and upgrading our reception area to allow our guests to relax in comfort. We aim to be transparent so the information we provide about our hotel and the services offered are described in detail on our website, reservation confirmations as well as third parties sites, so I am sorry you did not enjoy the space and services provided. Unfortunately I am unable to locate your reservation from your Trip Advisor name hence I am unable to see the room types you booked for your family of 5, but from your review it seems that you may have chosen our standard size rooms rather than the bigger superior or deluxe rooms, which offer the extra space that you may have enjoyed. I would be more than happy to discuss your review in details should you wish to be in touch directly with myself at Alessandra.leoni@thenadler.com or by phone.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were in London in July for two days with our 2 young children so needed a hotel for one night. Normally we look for interconnecting rooms but not many hotels have them or can guarantee them on booking and of course it means paying for two rooms which can be expensive especially in London. After an exhaustive search on Trip Advisor we decided on the Nadler which offers a few family rooms. we paid much less than we would have been able to get even one decent room at another hotel. We had a lower ground room which had a small pleasant courtyard with a Table and chairs which was great for dining.

The kitchen in the cupboard was great with a sink, fridge, kettle, nespresspo, cutlery and crockery. there is a sainsburys supermarket around the corner but we used the waitrose on Kensington High Street to pick up things for breakfast, there is also a tesco metro and wholefoods there as well.

Wifi was free and reliable! The AC was great, the bathroom was clean and decent size, powerful shower and lovely towels and bed linens. Could not fault any of it. Room was big enough considering there was a double bed, two fold out beds and our luggage and stroller, none of the extra useless furniture that clutters some other hotel rooms.

Within walking distance (without luggage unless you are travelling light without children) of underground at Earls Court, Gloucester Road, High Street Kensington. It was 25 minutes walk to Kensington Gardens.

the staff were all pleasant and extremely helpful.

I think it is a great concept to offer well appointed rooms but no restaurants, spa, gym etc which all add to the cost of running a hotel and take up space which could otherwise be used as rooms as I am sure in many city hotels these are dead spaces for much of the day, I mean who eats at a hotel when they have so many other options and are likely to be out all day?

The only thing we found was that taxi drivers did not know the hotel by name but if we said Courtfield gardens they knew how to get there then navigate by the numbers so just remember the address.

We will definitely stay again and would recommend it.

Is it the future of city hotels? Yes we think so.

2  Thank Tea_and_Crumpets
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked The Nadler as my friend didn't want to pay a fortune for a room (I chose her the bijou single whilst I took a deluxe room!). The prices for the rooms were very good and if you book in advance you receive an even better deal. My friend's single room was also more than adequate. The hotel was chosen as it was close to the places we were visiting during our stay (the V&A, Kensington High Street) so ideal.

The hotel is very pleasant with a cool reception area and nice lobbies and corridors (some places can be stuffy and less than nice).

Everything in The Nadler is pristine and my room was large with a sofa bed (should I have needed it, I suppose I could've let my friend bed in with me... but heh I like my own space!) and two windows with street views - which you could open!

The air conditioning worked well (I visited end of July so it was very hot). The bed was comfortable and the shower and bathroom facilities were good. The little kitchen (housed in the wardrobe) was also great as you have filtered water, a Nespresso machine and a fridge.

The staff were very helpful and ordered taxis, booked a restaurant and were more than happy to help and chat. If you choose a restaurant from their list you can receive up to 30% discount on the bill.

A great hotel and definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms with a courtyard, you can request these but they may not be available.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DianeLS
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I recently returned home after a one week stay at The Nadler Kensington. The accommodation was great! It was clean, spacious and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
It was also extremely affordable and offered a great location that was easily accessible by the London Underground system.
Would highly recommend!