27th - 30th December 2008.
We found Base to Stay via the internet and was absolutely delighted by the facilities and staff.
We wanted a family break during "Twixmas" for 2 adults and a 12 yearold - who was to celebrate his 13th birthday whilst we were away!
The room was a Superior room, with a large double bed and unusually for a hotel, a VERY comfortable single bed.
We loved the fact that we had loads of space in our room. Unlike cheaper hotels, the wardrobe had doors, so everything was neatly hidden away.
The small kitchenette, also hidden behind doors, had a fridge, sink, kettle and microwave, which enabled us to cook breakfast and an evening meal!
The bathroom was spotless and the shower hot and powerful.
What was quite unique was the interactive TV, with all the free to air digital channels, plus free intenet access, internet radio, its own mini "i-tunes" with all manner of cd's and games pre loaded and free to play. The movies cost just £2 each. I know London has rather a lot of attractions, but it was nice to come back to our room and have plenty of entertainment whilst we relaxed.
The other unique feature was the fact that we had 3, totally uninterrupted nights sleep! No slamming of doors, no shouting down the corridors, no heavy footsteps from the room above, despite the hotel being full during our stay.
The area felt safe at night. M&S and Waitrose were 2 mins away as was Earls court Station and Harrods was only a 15 min walk along Cromwell Road.
We will definitly be returning in the summer for another short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Ebookers, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay