“A perfect place to stay. Great value for money”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #57 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Greece
“A perfect place to stay. Great value for money”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Before making a reservation I searched for a hotel with a high score in reviews. I was quite surprised to see that this hotel scored even more than 5 star hotels and this was the main reason for my selection. When there, it was exactly as described. The location of the hotel is fine, very near Earl's Court tube station, served by two major London underground lines. The location is a quiet, seems rather peaceful and there are many good shops in the neighborhood. The hotel was excellent. Very clean, very new and designed with a good taste. The staff was really very friendly and helpful in all cases. The only drawback was that the room, a superior room with a double bed and an armchair bed, was rather small for three adults. In compensation the bathroom had plenty of space. But from my experience, this is rather typical for London downtown hotels. The rooms service was superb.

We stayed for 7 nights and were overall very satisfied. Definitely it will be our first choice in any next London trip.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank gerome_01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
East Lothian, Scotland
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I try and stay in this hotel every time I travel to London. The staff are friendly and accommodating, the rooms are contemporary and comfortable. The fact they don't have a bar or restaurant is not an issue as there are so many places nearby that serve great breakfasts (I love Bencho's on Earls Court Rd) and meals. You can also have food delivered to your room and make use of the mini kitchen. I hop on the tube at Heathrow and it practically drops you at the door of the hotel (well it's a 2 minute walk).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank snowballz4
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I was taking my 22 year old daughter and my 18 year old step-granddaughter on a mini-European vacation. Foremost in my hotel choice was security; a little luxury a plus. After carefully consulting tripadvisor.com, for our London leg I chose Base2stay Kensington, and it did not disapppoint.
Its location is near perfect, on a quiet street, close to two tube stations and numerous dining options. The staff's recommendations were spot-on. The accommodations were more plush than I expected, including a heated towel bar in the bathroom, a mini-refrigerator, flat screen t.v., and free wi-fi. Everything was clean and in working order.
This will be my first choice on any return trip to London. Well done, base2stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Yombe
atlanta
Reviewed 21 January 2010

This hotel is in a fabulous neighborhood and conveniently located to the underground metro. The staff was very welcoming and offered superb service. The room and bathroom were larger than we expected by European standards. Also, the area was really quiet but yet close to everything including grocery store, post office and wonderful restaurants. Would highly recommend it and if my travels bring me back to London will be staying again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank graceluvstravel
Jacksonville FL
Reviewed 20 January 2010

We had two rooms at Base2stay for 5 nights in November. We really enjoyed the hotel. My two teens shared a bunk room which was around the corner from the Double/twin that my husband and I were in. The location was good- several blocks from the Earls Court station- with lots of eating options right by the station. The walk to/from the station was through a nice residential area- and the streets were quiet. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. There was no tub- only a shower in the bath- which was fine with me- and plenty of storage space for toiletries and such. I did not use the internet via the television however I got free wifi on my iphone. My kids had no problems with internet connections with their laptops (free). We were on the first floor so I don't know what it would be like to have to climb the stairs but there is a small elevator-which we never used.
The staff at Base2stay is excellent. Really they could not have been more helpful. We blew a fuse in our room when my husband plugged in a charger that was not dual voltage (adapter but no converter) and the manager was there in less than 5 minutes and fixed it right away. We also managed to lock ourselves out of our safe and someone from the front desk helped us with that within minutes of our request.
The front dest employees were very friendly and always helpful with recommendations and requests for directions. We arrived early ( before noon) after a long flight and our rooms were not ready- they held our luggage while we went and got a snack- and by the time we got back they had placed all of our luggage in our rooms.
I can see why some people would not like this type of hotel- it is quiet- and as there is not a restaurant/bar , workout facilities or business center on site , there really are no common areas except for the small reception area up front. We would never use most of those amenities and certainly we did not miss them but I can see how some people might.
I would not hesitate to stay again- our family was very comfortable with the set up we had and the service was probably some of the best that we have ever encountered during any hotel stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank Lori B
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I have more respect to offer the CEO of this hotel establishment than any other business I have been a custom to.

I stayed in this hotel recently following an unusually high amount of good reviews on trip advisor. Many other hotels have some good reviews, often accompanied by an equal amount of fair to poor ratings.

I chose to stay here for a weekend in London with my partner. The hotel is modern and contemporary, and set in a superb area of London just a 2 minute walk away from Earl's Court Station.

We were greeted by very helpful staff, and despite them appearing to be busy, checked us in swiftly. There is a calming atmosphere as soon as you walk in to the hotel. The staff are friendly, courteous, and helpful. They went out of their way to bring ironing facilities to the room, and I was evan able to e-mail them ticket reservations whilst in the room which they kindly printed out and brought to us.

The room itself is clean and stylish, equipped with a mini kitchen, plenty of storage space, all the gizmos you should need and a rather cool shower!

On our last day after checking out the staff were happy to look after our bags in secure storage until we returned from our day of sightseeing and returned home. All for no extra cost.

When i go to a hotel I don't want an overpriced mini fridge, a ridiculously priced food menu, or even member of staff who is either hesitant or quick to name a price for a service you require.

Hotel chains need to come to start understanding what their customers really want, and should learn a thing or two from this hotel. This is a hotel that I am confident in returning to, and will do so on many occasions I return to London.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KRS1885
Nassar-London, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Dear Kirtikus,

As CEO, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and very happy to read your kind comments, for which I thank you. You have articulated our core belief very succinctly - to give guests what they really want, rather than what suits the hotel. It is always gratifying to hear that the hotel concept that we have created and the manner in which we run the hotel works for our guests in the way that we hope. We aim to exceed guest expectations in an environment that provides the style and comfort they look for, with all the facilities they need, in a transparent and value-driven manner, so that guests are always in control of what they spend.
However in tune with guest needs the concept might be, unless the service is delivered with enthusiasm and commitment, we won’t succeed in our objectives, and I thank you for your praise of our staff. We always look forward to receiving guest comments as it allows us to improve what we offer and the service we provide, and great feedback such as yours just causes us to set the bar higher.
We look forward to welcoming you back to base2stay in the near future

Best wishes,
Robert Nadler
Tyngsborough, MA
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I stayed here with my wife and college-aged daughter in a triple room. The room was clean, the staff was EXTREMELY helpful and courteous, and even though the weather was a drag (snow, ice, and rain), we had a delightful time for our first trip to London. I feel like I got a great value here. I'd definately recommend it.

The only negatives were 1) the room was very small (perhaps typical for London?), and 2) the free wireless had a pretty poor signal strength up to the 5th floor, and so there were many frustrating disconnections when checking email at night.

• Stayed January 2010