“The place to stay in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #61 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Valencia
“The place to stay in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

All the reviews in this section are spot on and I won't waste time saying the same things again. Just know that this is a awesome hotel for a great price very close to Earl's Court tube station. There is no place to eat in the hotel but plenty of places to eat in the neighborhood where Base2stay is located. You can bring food back to the room because it has a small kitchen area with a microwave, sink and fridge. I highly recommend you stop on your way to the the tube station at Bakers Oven right across from the tube for the best sasage and bacon roll you will ever had warning it is addictive. On your way back to the room stop into Cornish Backhouse right next to the tube station for a awesome pastie to take back to the room. To stock up on groceries stop into Somerfield right next to the tube station for eveything you should need. I have included pictures of the room and places around the hotel for you to see. I really recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tvdudee44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

Celebrating my best friend's 50th anniversary I choose this hotel based on recommendations from fellow tripadvisor travellers and due to its location and price.
It met all my expectations; nice staff, small but very nice rooms and perfect location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NovaM
NorCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

From the moment we entered the lobby we were treated like old friends. We arrived in the morning after a long flight and though our room was not ready (as we expected at that hour), we stored our bags, were given a coupon for a local breakfast restaurant and had a great first meal. We stopped by after breakfast to pick up a few things and lo and behold, our room was ready! A short nap and we were on the go...with great advice and services from the staff. Room was smallish, but very well put together. Shampoo/body wash in one was not my favorite. I will definitely stay here again and have recommended it to my relatives who live in London and are always having guests/visitors. Did I mention that it's an easy Tube ride from Heathrow? No transfers and no stairs. A big plus after a long flight! Also in a very nice neighborhood with everything you need and a 3 minute walk to the Tube.

3 Thank luv2travelez
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

This hotel is a really good find. We came to London for 3 nights and were arriving at 10.30 am. I rang the day before to ask if we could leave our bags until check in time. Told no problem. When we arrived our room was ready so we could have a wash and brush up and a cup of tea before we set off for the V and A. Staff are friendly, efficient and accomodating. Room and bathroom were spotless. Serviced every day.
Very convenient for Earls Court Tube, less than 5 mins away. Sainsbury's just round corner for stocking up on essentials to use in the mini kitchen. For eating out try Benchos, brilliant breakfasts, Also the Blackbird pub, Their House pie is wonderful, venison in rich gravy but they do a whole range of others. Beds really comfotable hotel, very quiet on the whole and the area surrounding the hotel felt very safe. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ruthgreenfinger
Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Base2Stay is a good value hotel with modern decor in a great location. The staff are always helpful and as accommodating as they can be. My only gripe would be that I do wish the fire doors and room doors had a quieter close on them - being woken up several times at night and in the morning because of inconsiderate guests slamming doors is not great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RichnLiss
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Stayed 7 nights in Single room. Enjoyed it very much.

The best thing about it is the location. The Piccadilly line runs directly from Heathrow. And the Earls Court station has an elevator, so you don't need to haul your heavy suitcase up the stairs. The hotel is just one block away, very easy to find. There's Boots and Marks & Spencer Simply Food right beside the tube station, so I could buy my toothpaste, laundry soap, also breakfast, dessert, dinner and heat it up in the microwave in the room.

Of my 7 nights there, I encountered 6 staffs only. One who took in my suitcase in the morning before check-in was nice. One at check-in was quick. One whom I asked to fix a light bulb in my room didn't have a smile. One who brought me soap was super cheerful. One at check-out was nice. One who gave me back my suitcase later was not too enthusiastic, but did her job just fine. I was never bothered any other time by anyone, and I liked it when they leave me alone.

My room was up one flight of stairs. Window looking out onto the mews. I find it very nice and quite. I did on one morning heard what I think previous reviews called the garbage truck. It was not too bad unless you're a light sleeper. And it was almost 9 and time to get up anyways. Wifi worked excellent. The bed was very comfy. I like soft hotel bed, a break from my own hard one. The warm towel hanger was great for drying my handwash laundry. The single room was not big, just enough to put in the bed, desk, hanging closet, shower, sink, fridge, and microwave. The size was what I expected of London.

One problem I had was the shower drain, which doesnt' drain very well. I had to stop 3-4 times each night during a shower to let the water recede. It was a little annoying, but I had experienced this at other hotels before and expected possibility of the same in these old townhouses. So I didn't ask the hotel to do anything about it.

I was expecting a little more cleaniless since the hotel boasts so much of it. A dried-up spill on the fridge handle was there when I checked in, and went unnoticed for the rest of my stay. The remote control was sort of soiled and I cleaned it up myself. And the bed sheets had what looked like a soiled foot print on it. It goes away if you pad or fluff it. But there was a new foot print when they changed new sheets after the third night. I'm not sure how their maid make the beds. For the price I'm paying, I'm fine with all this so I didn't bring any of these to their attention. I'm only saying it becasue they seem so proud of their cleaniless.

Aside from the little glitch which I expected anyways, I had an enjoyable time at this hotel, even so considering the price. I doubt I can find better elsewhere in London for the same price. I definitely recommend this hotel, and will certainly consider coming back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amie_Conway, Operations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Thank you for your comments regarding our team. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so I am pleased at your feedback of the cheerful, happy service. I’m sorry that one member of staff didn’t quite live up to our standards. I have discussed this with our whole team, to reinforce the message as we believe that every smile makes a difference.

I’m sorry that your drain wasn’t working efficiently during your stay, and that an area of your room hadn’t been cleaned as well as our standards require, for which I apologise. I would recommend our customers to inform our reception team during their stay if they experience any issues, however minor, as we will always do our best to rectify any problems immediately.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay, and the team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

We recently stayed at base2stay on a ten day trip to London. We could have stay at any of the American hotels( Holiday inn,Best Western,Marriott) but looked at your site and decided to try a hotel with a European feel. We are really glad that we did. The rooms were excellent, nice layouts,great beds. But the staff of this hotel was what made are trip so special. They had great answers and suggestions for every adventure we wanted to do in London.
The restaurants they recommended were excellent and so close to the hotel. All in all just a super place for any traveler....thank you trip advisor and a very big thank you to base2stay !!!

2 Thank tommyminnesota55