“a gem in a beautiful part of London”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #59 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Staffordshire, England
“a gem in a beautiful part of London”
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I booked this hotel on the strength of the previous reviews and was not dissapointed. Myself and my fiance had booked to see something at the Royal Albert Hall it was within walkable distance and we felt safe walking back late at night. It is in a lovely spot, the staff are lovely and very helpful. The room was great, lovely big bed and a fantastic shower, great idea the little kitchen, the hotel is very close to a Sainsbury's and a Waitrose for snacks. have booked to go back in September.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Williams2008_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Warsaw
Reviewed 26 April 2010

When it comes to London you can either pay a premium for one of the chain hotels (and still be disappointed) or end up going low-budget and being disappointed with often run-down, pokey accommodation. Base2Stay is fairly priced, meticulously clean and my room, although small was really well equipped and recently refurbished. It was very quiet in the hotel and the room overlooked the Mews at the back so there was no traffic to keep me awake. Staff were friendly and helpful and info pack in the room was really useful, providing details of all local services, restaurants etc. Also the location was perfect - 5 mins from Earls Court Road and Tube station, in a pleasant leafy part of the neighbourhood. Some might be put off my there being no hotel breakfast option on offer, and I must admit this could be an issue for longer stays. For the three nights of my stay i had breakfast at local cafes, where the cost was typically under GBP 10,-. Good base when in London and would definitely go back

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank PetitEdmundo
New York
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We totally enjoyed our stay at base2stay. When we first arrived, we were given a basement room which unfortunately had a view of garbage cans. We requested to be moved to a higher floor which was done without any fuss. We loved our room - the bathrooms are lovely with a heated towel rack and the mini-kitchen is great. Beds are very comfortable and the location is the best - close to everything but located on a quiet street. Earls Court tube station is one block away. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DonnaE617
Scotland
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Hotel ideally situated 5 mins from Earl's Court tube (PIcadilly line from Heathrow). Rooms quite small but we don't need a lot of space for a few days shopping/sightseeing.
Staff were lovely, kept our bags both on arrival before our room was ready (& delivered to our room for our return an hour later) and after check out before we left for the airport.
Compared with similarly priced hotels in London, this is a gem!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Titiangold
Paris
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Very good hotel in all respects with clever concept, Located in nice central location, if only one regret the fridge was a bit small.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank WTurner
Gloucester
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Unlike many other reviewers I was a bit disappointed with this hotel. I booked this hotel for an last-minute overnight business trip mainly based on these good reviews. Initially the online corporate price was £89 but I was phoned back and told that the only a standard room was available at £114. I assumed this meant that would be upgraded from a single to a larger room with a double bed - I was wrong. Room 115 that I got was the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Luggage had to be stored under the bed otherwise no doors would open. Also when the kitchenette door was open it wasn't possible to sit at the desk (see my uploaded picture).

Also, the mattress on the bed was not flat and lower on the side away from the wall making it feel like I'd fall out of bed. I assume this is because the only place to relax in the room is by lying or sitting on the edge of the bed. I had to turn the mattress over and remake the bed to get comfortable.

Apart from that the room was fine and very clean with all facilities working as advertised. The bathroom and shower cubicle large and well fitted out.

My reason for not recommending this hotel is based on my experience and you may be luckier - I did book late. I asked reception about the room size and the impression I got was that because I was only staying one night I'd been given the smallest room and other guests who had booked longer had got a bigger room. I also mentioned the problem with the mattress so I hope that this will have been replaced if you get given this room.

The price for London is OK but not great, unless you make full use of the kitchenette (microwave, kettle and sink and fridge). There's a local Waitrose, Sainsbury and Tescos with a good range of microwavable food.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris_Gloucester
Nassar-London, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
We thank this guest for his review. We are sorry that the bijou single (which are our smaller single rooms) the guest occupied did not meet his expectations. We offer a number of room types to suit all budgets, ranging from bijou singles to spacious deluxe rooms. The guest was offered a variety of room types but opted for one of our two bijou singles. Whilst these are compact, all our room categories offer the same high standard of style, design and in-room facilities. I am pleased that the oversized shower and cleanliness of the hotel were to this guest’s satisfaction. All our beds have been designed so that guests can store their luggage underneath, but we recommend one of our other room types for guests looking for extra space.

Following the guest’s comments on the bed, we have carried out a housekeeping review and have identified an error in the way the bed was made-up on this occasion, with the duvet tucked in incorrectly. Additional training will be provided to the maid who serviced this room to avoid a similar inconvenience in future, for which we apologise on this occasion. It is only through guest feedback that we can constantly improve our standards of service and we thank the guest for bringing this matter to our attention.

Total guests comfort and satisfaction is our utmost priority at base2stay and we encourage all our guests to register any inconvenience with the duty manager or our 24hour reception and concierge service so that we can address matters of inconvenience immediately or offer a complimentary upgrade move to another room, subject to availability.
Valencia
Reviewed 17 April 2010

All the reviews in this section are spot on and I won't waste time saying the same things again. Just know that this is a awesome hotel for a great price very close to Earl's Court tube station. There is no place to eat in the hotel but plenty of places to eat in the neighborhood where Base2stay is located. You can bring food back to the room because it has a small kitchen area with a microwave, sink and fridge. I highly recommend you stop on your way to the the tube station at Bakers Oven right across from the tube for the best sasage and bacon roll you will ever had warning it is addictive. On your way back to the room stop into Cornish Backhouse right next to the tube station for a awesome pastie to take back to the room. To stock up on groceries stop into Somerfield right next to the tube station for eveything you should need. I have included pictures of the room and places around the hotel for you to see. I really recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo