“Excellent choice”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #63 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was impressed by the quality of this hotel overall. The location was great. Although Kensington is not quite central, it's easy access to most attractions with several underground stations and lines within a few minutes walk: Earl's Court, Gloucester Road... The neighbordhood is quiet and upscale with a decent number of options breakfast or dining. Base2stay is more about the convenience of apartments than a true hotel so to speak. The lobby is tiny, there is no bar or restaurant. However, the place is very neat, and our room was quite large, very clean with a modern design. Eveything was perfect for the price. Good service at the reception, good sleep and free wifi. Considering hotel prices in London, this is definitely a safe choice in my opinion.

3  Thank netme75
There are newer reviews for The Nadler Kensington

Reviewed 29 August 2010

Perfect in every way for our needs!!! Rooms spotlessly clean with excellent quality, modern furnishings, bunk room a little bit dark (but this didn't bother us!), extremely nice bathrooms, very calm and lovely situation in Kensington, 2 mins walk from Earl's Court Underground. Very friendly staff. No breakfast in the hotel, but we enjoyed having breakfast "out".

3  Thank jmonteil
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Base2stay provided the perfect start to my trip around Europe. I stayed in one of the single rooms for five nights. For a single room it felt very spacious and the mini kitchenette was terrific (I've missed it in every hotel I've stayed in since). As I'm traveling with a backpack rather than a case I'm used to getting some strange looks when I check into hotels rather than hostels. But all of the staff I encountered during my stay were very polite and helpful. The location is fantastic and I didn't have any trouble sleeping at night (although I was up on the fifth floor which probably helped). I've already booked my next stay and would happily recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Good_nights_sleep
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My family had three rooms and were very satisfied with our stay. The compact rooms were well laid out and clean. The location within a block of Earl's Court underground station was very convenient. The front staff were friendly. Free wi-fi was fast.

3  Thank dnhill
Reviewed 26 August 2010

room was ok although the additional beds are rather small if not very small for teenagers.
location is very ok for London with easy access to wherever you need to go.
reception desk is helpful, unfortunately no breakfast in house.

3  Thank bernbe
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We were very happy with the warm and friendly reception we received from the very first contact that we had with the staff. From booking to arrival and throughout our stay the wonderful and very helpful staff were always ready and available to give advice and provide for our vacation needs.
The hotel is centrally located, close to the tube, with easy access to all parts of London. The neighborhood is safe with local markets, coffee shops, pubs and restaurants to choose from. One can walk the streets at any time of day or night and feel like your home. We ate ate several different venues and found them all excellent. A Lebanese restaurant on Cromwell Road was very good.
The room was large by London standards and very nicely decorated in modern design. The hotel was immaculate, although the wood floor in the reception area could use refinishing. the Beds are extremely comfortable and are modular. This allows the room to be configured to your family"s needs.
The next time I return to London I will come back to base2stay. Top notch service in a high quality small hotel. You will not be disappointed.

5  Thank Blacksuiteredtie
Reviewed 24 August 2010

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights, the price was very reasonable and the hotel was clean, staff were very friendly. We booked 2 rooms, a bunk room and a "superior room". The rooms were quiet small, and the top bunk bed was very high up. The "superior" room was also small but slept 3 comfortably. I would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank OrlaCork_10