From the reviews, I expected a much better hotel. My husband and I stayed at Base2Stay for 2 days, and they were the worst of our vacation. We arrived about 4 pm and the rooms were not ready. Probably many others were waiting for rooms to be readied, as there was a lot of luggage behind and in front of the counter. I suspect we were given a single room, even though I paid for a double, but I could not be sure since I never saw the other rooms. The room we had was TINY. I felt as though I was living on a submarine. There was a bed, pushed up against one wall, so someone had to climb down to the bottom of the bed to get in and out. There was a tiny bathroom as well, and aside from another 9 sq feet (3 sq meters) of floor space in front of the bed - that was the size of the room. There was no where to put the luggage other than under the bed (didn't fit) or in front of the doors to the kitchen closet. There wasn't much place to hang up clothes either, and hardly any drawer space.
On the plus side, the shower was quite large and had fancy electronic controls. The rest of the bathroom was very poor. The toilet seat was made of cheap plastic, and seemed like it might fall off the wall when you sat on it. The heated towel rail was so close to your knees when you were sitting on the toilet that we each burned ourselves on it several times. You can't even close the bathroom door very easily, as the door takes up all the space in the bathroom.
This was probably the worst place I've stayed at in London out of about 12 hotels over the past 2-3 years. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay