City Continental London Kensington
US$233
US$370
US$290
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$270
Priceline
  • Pool
1,117 results
All reviewsearls courtluggage roomtube stationyogurtbreakfast room isrestaurants and shopsbreakfast was includedrooms are smalllocation is excellenttwin roomsupermarketheathrowundergroundhairdryerensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I was given this hotel as a package from emirates on my ICC Champions trophy Cricket tour to London. I didn't want to expect much from this hotel as I had taken a budget package but I was quite happy once I entered the hotel.
It's a small but decent and extremely clean hotel. The rooms r quite small too. I was supposed to stay here for a week but a friend of mine forced me to accompany him at his residence and I had to leave in 1 day.
I asked for a refund but they refused as my booking was done through emirates and they said they can only refund the money to emirates If the booking was agreed upon refundable rates. Anyways that doesn't matter.
The location at earls court is pretty decent and the hotel is close to the earls court tube station. I wouldn't mind going back to this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shakeel Y
Anshu R, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased that the service that you have received was so to your liking, and that our location so perfectly suited your needs.Hope you had a great time watching cricket,I will share your kind words with the team here and I very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

You can directly reach us on reservations@citycontinentalkesington.co.uk.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I would give this hotel 5* for some things and 1* for others...

This hotel really has the basics right;
- Fantastic location (2 mins from Earl's Court Tube Station)
- Clean, comfortable rooms that are large by London standards
- Air conditioning in rooms
- Helpful staff
- Excellent value for money

Overall, I think this is a great hotel and I would recommend it, however it's clear that there is still work to do to get things 100% right and it was a shame that a few things let down what would otherwise have been an excellent hotel in central London. That said, if you are looking for great value and a clean room to sleep in with no frills, then this is the place for you. However ...

The downsides;
- Breakfast is shocking - I have had MUCH better in $10 hostels. The breakfast room is 200% smaller than is needed for the hotel and so very crowded and there were no staff clearing tables so the place was a mess. The website promised freshly baked rolls and croissants but neither were available. The choice was sliced bread for toast and muffins or pain au chocolat that were no way freshly baked. 2 household size (4 slice) toasters to cater for a hotel with 74 rooms is madness and so the queues to make toast were huge. Terrible instant coffee from a machine and odd, synthetic tasting fruit juice. We didn't bother the second day of our stay and preferred to pay to eat elsewhere rather than eat here for free. (there are loads of choices in the area!)

- The stairs/communal areas are VERY dirty - Given the modern, very clean rooms and reception areas the corridors are filthy by comparison with stains on the carpets that are very worrying. I'm not sure if the hotel is mid-redecoration, and if so, maybe there is still work to be done but if not, the stair carpets are just shocking and should be ripped out and replaced asap.

- Disappearing furniture - When we arrived we had 1 chair and a 2 seat sofa in our triple room. When we returned after a day out, the sofa was gone. No explanation, no warning and the things that we had left on the sofa had been moved. We found this somewhat odd and being left with only 1 seat for 3 people was hardly ideal.

- Many stairs - our room was described as being up 'a couple of steps' when we checked in, it was actually down 2 full flights then up 2 more flights (44 steps in total, not a couple!), this was after going up 2 floors in the lift. This was no problem for us, but if we had had large luggage or mobility problems it would have been impossible.

So, overall, you cannot get a better room for this price in central London but don't pay for breakfast and only stay here if you aren't troubled by the other negatives. Personally, we enjoyed our stay and would go back, but this was a weekend away with friends, if I was staying longer or looking for a more luxurious holiday I would have been disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't bother getting the breakfast included - it's terrible and the cafes in the area are much better value. 310 - great room but up/down a lot of stairs Ground floor felt very claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrsMeatballs

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

First and foremost, I must apologies for the concerns you have raised regarding, the breakfast should have been more smooth While I am pleased that our location and views were to your liking, particularly as you were staying for more than one night. I have raised your comments with the Manager, and we are looking at various initiatives to ensure that an experience such as this is not repeated.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and for staying with us.

When you are planning a return, please do reach out to us at reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk and we will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel was very clean, pleasant and helpful staff. The room was very small but more than adequate and met all my needs. There are restaurants and bar close by and the tube is round the corner, very well located. Breakfast was basic but again more than adequate and for £69/night all in it was excellent and I will stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Winelover19

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect your stay from the team, the cleanliness of the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Operations Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The room was very small, but I sort of expected that with a single room. The bathroom is very small. Despite being pretty close to Earls Court Road there was not much noise to be heard in my third floor room.

I needed to book a hotel at the last minute, and this was far and away the best price in a central location.

The underground station is just a couple of minutes walk away, giving you access to the Piccadilly and District lines.

All in all I would say that this hotel was good value for money, and worked for me as a base to access central London without paying the silly prices of some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ryans990
Anshu R, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at City Continental Kensington were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back at City Continental London Kensington.
You can book with us directly on reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here one night. I was able to organize an early check in paying extremely little, the staff was corteous and friendly. It s close to tube staion, very short walk. some bars restaurants and pubs few paces away. The only drawback was the bathroom, rather small. But the it wss a single room and bed was clean and comfortable. Also the decor imside the rooms and the hotel was pretty modern and neat too. The breakfast was excellent for a continental style. I recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid room near the entrance of the elevator hallway
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AlexAq61

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased that the service that you have received was so to your liking, and that our location so perfectly suited your needs.I will share your kind words with the team here and I very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

You can directly reach us on reservations@citycontinentalkesington.co.uk.

Best regards