“Really small room”

City Continental London Kensington
Ranked #855 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed one night only 10/29 just to be at city center, practically like 5 minutes walk from Earl's Ct station,the reception clerk was friendly and accomodating, stayed at the first floor, hallways tiny and so is the room. As soon as you open the door,there's a tiny side table then the bed, just enough to walk around it ,then small nook with coffee/tea/biscuit then the bathroom,which was modern and clean. Not much of a complainer here,give me a comfortable /clean bed and clean bathroom then I am a OK. Breakfast room in the basement was OK too, continental,enough choices,danish,cereals,toasts and they replenish it right away, seems like there was a lot of guests who woke up early that day.
If Earl's court is your location, then this is not too shabby for a short stay,seems like small hotel rooms are the norm in Europe.
My sister has a room also in the basement and not much of a complain either/just small..that's it !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

First and foremost, I must apologies for the concerns you have risen regarding the size of the rooms, but we can guarantee you that we exceed the standard of the room's size in our ranking.
While I am pleased that our location, cleanliness, free breakfast and our staff were to your liking.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and for staying with us.

When you are planning a return, please do reach out to us at reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk and we will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Be wary of booking this hotel. I booked on 20/10/2013 to stay 22-24th November 2013. I booked through a booking agency and confirmed with the City Continental by phone the following day.
At 9.30pm on 21st Noveber 2013, less than 12 hours before I was due to leave home, I was called by the agency informing me that the hotel was booked until 24th November so I would have to accept an alternative hotel. The City Continental was chosen because I am not a young person and it was close to places I wanted to visit. I know that when I made the booking City Continental had the room I required (I checked). So be wary, City Continental did not respect my booking made and confirmed a month earlier!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank P R
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I chose this hotel purely because of its location and closeness to Earls Court. I was staying here on business while the Ideal Home Show was on. I can imagine parking is a nightmare but I was booked in two days in the red earls court parking building. The girl on reception, Lindsey, was friendly and pleasant and the reception area clean and fresh. Great first impressions. My room was on the third floor, room 301, unfortunately as I was a sole visitor I received a small single room at the end of the corridor. Still nice interior, very clean and all I needed. The TV did not work and when trying to use the telephone in the room it had no explanation of which number to dial, I tried 0 and it rang through, but when reception answered they could not hear me. After some messing with the aerial I managed to get some channels on the telly. Bathroom clean and nice towels. Bed ok. Overall nice hotel, I'm sure the double bedded rooms were nicer. I would stay again if I was needing Earls Court. I did not have the breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo B
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay from the team, the cleanliness and the location of the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

As we usually declare, we aim to be a nice and friendly budget hotel that meets all the expectation of our guests, and we are happy to hear that our team managed to solve the problems during your stay.

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return, please do reach out to us at reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk to make the appropriate arrangements.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after an overnight flight before continuing journey home the next day.

The room was small but clean, bed comfortable and shower room very modern. Didn't sample the breakfast in view of early trek to Heathrow.

Only disadvantage was check in at 14:00 (arrived at 10:00). Still plenty of things to do to kill time.

Excellent value for the price paid plus free wifi which was speedy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that the combination of our location, the high quality of our rooms, and the benefit of the free Wi-Fi has been such a winning one! It sounds like you had a great time, and that is what we always aim to provide here at the City Continental.

We are sorry to hear that our check-in time didn't suit you, but I'm also sure that our receptionist let you use our free luggage room by the meantime that the room was cleaned.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is wonderful, its clean and nicely furnished unfortunetly its the management and the staff that let this hotel down, they are very unhelpful, after a rather serious complaint it took over 48 hours for the hotel manager to even speak to me, and then she said "its not my problem" sue us.....which I will. i was so dissapointed by the lack of customer service from the management of a hotel that claims to be friendly.
PLEASE trust me when I tell you, do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran P
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Mr. Fran P.,

We appreciate you taking the time to contact Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed and quite frankly surprised, that despite the fact the problem that you had at our Hotel was solved to your satisfaction and in the time we promised, you have nevertheless shown your dissatisfaction a comment in TripAdvisor which is quite different from the last comment we received at Hotel level, and also quite different from what really happened.
The Hotel Management have and would never say it is not our problem, even because we actually solved your problem.
Our target here at City Continental is to have all the guest satisfied of our service at first and, indeed we work very hard on each and every guest complaints.

Reservations Department

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Excellent hotel ! Staff very friendly and make you feel very welcome ! Hope to go back again ! Need to be fairly fit for enjoy the town, but the hotel is located few steps from the underground, that was an advantage for an old couple as us. ! Small and friendly with excellent service ! Thank you !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank judithsm
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect your stay from the team, the cleanliness of the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the beginning of October, just wanted to spend a weekend in London, so we weren't looking for a 5 star Hotel but only a nice place where to sleep.
City continental Kensington completely met our expectations.
The rooms are nice, big enough and extremely clean, breakfast room might be not the bigger one, bit it was well organized and not busy at all, at least when we went there were a lot of tables available, free Wifi that we really enjoyed and coffe and tea facilities in the room, again free.
The staff was very friendly, especially Alfonso at the front desk, that was everytime willing to help the guests with a so-called true smile.
A special thanks again to him for directing us to the best pizza restaurant were I have ever been, at least in uk :)

If I'll go again in London, I certainly know in which Hotel to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank katyastrauser

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that the combination of our location, the high quality of our rooms, and the benefit of the breakfast received has been such a winning one! It sounds like you had a great time, and that is what we always aim to provide here at the City Continental.