“Good value decent hotel”

City Continental London Kensington
Ranked #848 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 121 which was/is a single room so is small but clean, comfortable and more than adequate for my business stay in London. Two minutes from a Earls Court tube station and the same to Earls Court centre which has adequate food places. My only complaint would be the poor WIFI signal and no signal from my EE phone, resulting in my having to make calls from outside the hotel. This is a decent hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank johnrholmes1
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

First and foremost, I must apologies for the concerns you have risen regarding the Wi-Fi signal should have been more strong, While I am pleased that our location and views were to your liking. I have raised your comments with the Manager, and we are making various tests to enlarge the signal.
Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and for staying with us.

When you are planning a return, please do reach out to us at reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk and we will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

There are newer reviews for City Continental London Kensington

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I stay in earls court twice a week in budget hotels and City Continental is probably the best. Most of this type of london hotel are run down and show signs of wear. This one is clean, relaxed and very professional. Its nice to stay somewhere where the fixtures aren't falling of the walls for a change. The photos on the booking web sites actually look like the rooms, and thats rare in london.
You wont get better than this at the prices they charge.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Aidy B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect your stay from the team, the cleanliness of the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
As we usually declare, we aim to be a nice and friendly budget hotel that meets all the expectation of our guests.
Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return, please do reach out to us at reservations@citycontinentalkensington.co.uk to make the appropriate arrangements.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great location close to Earls Court Station. Quiet, Safe Street. Close to Supermarket, Deli, Pubs (with good food), cafes & restaurant. Spotlessly clean, good, fresh breakfast, lovely staff luggage room very handy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen095

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that the combination of our location, the high quality of our rooms, and the benefit of the breakfast received has been such a winning one! It sounds like you had a great time, and that is what we always aim to provide here at the City Continental.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Hi I just wanted to share my experience of staying at this hotel, as it was very clean and the rooms was to reasonable accommodation. There was a reasonable breakfast layout in the morning which was more than what I had expected.The staff are very friendly and at hand to help out, especially the receptionist Orvil that made me feel very welcomed. Overall this would be a hotel that I would revisit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John J
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect your stay from the team, the cleanliness of the hotel to our breakfast, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We put our luggage in the room provided as we knew we would not be back until 10pm.we went in our room(113)to a horrendous sound of 2 rather large air condition units outside our bedroom window ,I went out and complained the receptionist told me we had used the room and cannot be moved until tomorrow .i said I want compensation and he replied the manager is not here until Monday which was very convenient as we were leaving on Monday!we did get moved for our second night.came back to hotel and different room(133)opened the door to the bedroom window wide open at the begining of December (strange)with the bathroom exstracter fan on.we now why as the smell from the toilet was awful!!i didn't complain again I was to tired from lack of sleep.i would want some compensation from at least one of the nights and if I do I will go on trip advisors and tell them that I have been compensated .

Room Tip: Don't !!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed one night only 10/29 just to be at city center, practically like 5 minutes walk from Earl's Ct station,the reception clerk was friendly and accomodating, stayed at the first floor, hallways tiny and so is the room. As soon as you open the door,there's a tiny side table then the bed, just enough to walk around it ,then small nook with coffee/tea/biscuit then the bathroom,which was modern and clean. Not much of a complainer here,give me a comfortable /clean bed and clean bathroom then I am a OK. Breakfast room in the basement was OK too, continental,enough choices,danish,cereals,toasts and they replenish it right away, seems like there was a lot of guests who woke up early that day.
If Earl's court is your location, then this is not too shabby for a short stay,seems like small hotel rooms are the norm in Europe.
My sister has a room also in the basement and not much of a complain either/just small..that's it !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CityContinental K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

First and foremost, I must apologies for the concerns you have risen regarding the size of the rooms, but we can guarantee you that we exceed the standard of the room's size in our ranking.
While I am pleased that our location, cleanliness, free breakfast and our staff were to your liking.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Be wary of booking this hotel. I booked on 20/10/2013 to stay 22-24th November 2013. I booked through a booking agency and confirmed with the City Continental by phone the following day.
At 9.30pm on 21st Noveber 2013, less than 12 hours before I was due to leave home, I was called by the agency informing me that the hotel was booked until 24th November so I would have to accept an alternative hotel. The City Continental was chosen because I am not a young person and it was close to places I wanted to visit. I know that when I made the booking City Continental had the room I required (I checked). So be wary, City Continental did not respect my booking made and confirmed a month earlier!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family