Never - or rarely - believe hotel descriptions on the Internet. Even when you have a second pair of eyes. Just like an online dating profile hides the fact your potential lover is socially inept, a hotel website does not reveal that the toilet seat may fall off when you are seated on it, or that the airconditioning switch is one metre above your height, or that your room will be so small you can barely open your suitcase. Or that NONE of the services stated in the online description are available - no laundry, no airport shuttle, no fridge, no good concierge service. The hotel staff told me it was not their job to carry my Three heavy bags up the four flights of stairs to my room.
Anyway, to compensate for it all I was given free internet for my week long stay (pity my room isn't appealing enough to want to stay around to use it!) and there was an upgrade to a bigger room the next day.
Every morning I woke to the sound of construction works taking place in the hotel. Sometimes the fire alarm would sound too.
The serviceman who came to is my toilet seat was pleasant enough but he had bits falling from his dreadlocks.
Breakfast was included in the price but it was ordinary - cold croissants, weird yoghurt and some fruit.
It was bearable to sleep in (apart from the plasticky mattress) but nothing more. Ok value but a tiny room with very few amenities.
The plus side was the excellent location - in Earls Court close to the tube and pubs and a laundromat. I felt extremely safe travelling solo.
I travelled in July 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Continental Kensington London Hotel looks forward to welcoming you to London. If you are traveling to London for business or seeking a hotel near London major tourist attractions & shopping area, there are many reasons you should consider our hotel. Our guests enjoy modern accommodations, amenities, friendly ambiance, and affordable rates City Continental Kensington London Hotel is within easy reach of Olympia Exhibition Centre and a short ride to Hammersmith Apollo. The staff at City Continental Kensington London Hotel is quite friendly and available to assist our guests at any time of the day and night. Breakfast is provided for our guests each morning at our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your City Continental London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Continental London Kensington Hotel London
- City Continental Hotel London
- Comfort Inn London
- Comfort Inn Earls Court
- London Comfort Inn