First of all the location is brilliant. The hotel is located a minutes walk from earls court tube station.
On arrival it seemed okay, clean reception, little small but a first impressions made it seem like a fairly decent budget london hotel. After all I didn't pay for the ritz. However after checking in were given a room on the third floor, after wandering around a maze of corridors, we went through a door into a corridor that had a filthy carpets, through a fire door and the stench of sewage hit us like a slap in the face. Unfortunately the room we had been allocated was on this very floor. We walked into the room and the smell was awful. I looked round and the bed covers had stains on them. I walked straight back out and down to reception and told them. Straight away I was told the hotel was full. After a discussion I was told there was a room in the basement she would show me. We went down to the basement and the room showed was between the lift and the public toilet, pitch black with a small window overlooking a service yard with the air conditioning unit. Nice. Not.
After yet another "discussion" where I asked the receptionist to come back up to the room and smell the original problem, in which she declined, a room on the top floor was found. She took me up, great room. I accepted and we got sorted. If this room had been allocated in the first place all would have been great. The room was a decent size, very small bathroom, tea and coffee and a flat screen tv and best of all, no smell! Thank goodness things got better! After a long day in London we arrived back and slept reasonably well, not too much noise even though we looked out over the street. Unfortunately being woken at 8am by the fire alarm didn't put us in the best of moods! Breakfast was okay, we missed the rush which was a bonus as the room it's served in is not fit for purpose however the breakfast was adequate. Not quite continental, toast, muffins croissants porridge cheese and cereals, enough to keep going and lots of cafés nearby if you want more substantial.the guy on reception on the Sunday was great, most helpful and polite. If I could be assured we wouldn't get a room that smelt of sewage and a fire alarm (false alarm) at 8am then I'd stay here again. However the palaver didn't mean a good start here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Continental Kensington London Hotel looks forward to welcoming you to London. If you are traveling to London for business or seeking a hotel near London major tourist attractions & shopping area, there are many reasons you should consider our hotel. Our guests enjoy modern accommodations, amenities, friendly ambiance, and affordable rates City Continental Kensington London Hotel is within easy reach of Olympia Exhibition Centre and a short ride to Hammersmith Apollo. The staff at City Continental Kensington London Hotel is quite friendly and available to assist our guests at any time of the day and night. Breakfast is provided for our guests each morning at our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your City Continental London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Continental London Kensington Hotel London
- City Continental Hotel London
- Comfort Inn London
- Comfort Inn Earls Court
- London Comfort Inn